Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #1
Philly0393

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Exclamation Service Stabilitrak flashing

I am having a problem were service stabilitrak keeps flashing and going away but no lights will stay on. Then one day it flashed and every light came on and power steering went off and all of my gauges did not work. I took it to chevy because it was under warranty. They pretty much told me it was an error with my spare key and they reset the ecm and it worked fine. Then a month later it happened again where service stabilitrak keeps flashing and going away. I hooked it up to my code reader and im getting error codes that the ecm and pcm are no communicating. Has anyone had this problem. I cant figure it out i Have checked by battery and my wire harnesses and my spark plugs because they said that might be the problem. Everything is fine i can not figure out why the ecm and pcm keep getting out of communication.
Philly0393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:03 AM   #2
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly0393 View Post
I am having a problem were service stabilitrak keeps flashing and going away but no lights will stay on. Then one day it flashed and every light came on and power steering went off and all of my gauges did not work. I took it to chevy because it was under warranty. They pretty much told me it was an error with my spare key and they reset the ecm and it worked fine. Then a month later it happened again where service stabilitrak keeps flashing and going away. I hooked it up to my code reader and im getting error codes that the ecm and pcm are no communicating. Has anyone had this problem. I cant figure it out i Have checked by battery and my wire harnesses and my spark plugs because they said that might be the problem. Everything is fine i can not figure out why the ecm and pcm keep getting out of communication.
I have that flash every once in a while, when i read the codes it says that it lost signal with my passenger window motor. Didn't even know that the window motor communicated lol. I think honestly it's just like losing internet connection every once in a while, i wouldn't worry about it.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Philly0393

I guess last time this happened my car would not even start it said press the clutch to engage like normal but i was pressing the clutch and i would not register that i had the clutch pressed down.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
I guess last time this happened my car would not even start it said press the clutch to engage like normal but i was pressing the clutch and i would not register that i had the clutch pressed down.
That's weird, and it's also weird that they use service stabilitrak for every body module code out there. I would take it back and show them the code.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
Philly0393

Yeah i am just last time they had no idea what it was and told me it was a spare key giving the error code. we will see this time lol
Old 07-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #6
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Unless you have a physical wire connection, electronics are not dependable.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #7
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Unless you have a physical wire connection, electronics are not dependable.
Especially GM....their electronic quality is really questionable.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #8
Lt1 Ghost

Drives: 2017 Camaro ss
Yeah, I got lucky. Same light came on and code said #5 spark plug. Replaced it & works fine now.
Lt1 Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #9
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
I have that flash every once in a while, when i read the codes it says that it lost signal with my passenger window motor. Didn't even know that the window motor communicated lol. I think honestly it's just like losing internet connection every once in a while, i wouldn't worry about it.
In the old days (not that long ago either), Power windows were a two way switch, a relay, and an electric motor.

But our windows can roll down remotely. And you can chose whether you want the feature activated in the vehicle settings. So their operation has to go through the ECM.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:54 AM   #10
Philly0393

Chevy told me that it was my audio system in the car pulling too much battery from my alternator. My alternator was becoming weak and causing it to flash service stabilitrak.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:52 AM   #11
Back To Pray

Drives: Fireball 700
Same stabilitrack flashing
RPM gauge bouncing
Hope to have it checked out before the end of the month
Back To Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:58 AM   #12
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
I hooked it up to my code reader and im getting error codes that the ecm and pcm are no communicating.
I think this tells you what you need to know.

Seems like a classic electrical issue and warranty repair.

All of your symptoms point to that error code.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 08:01 AM   #13
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Especially GM....their electronic quality is really questionable.
Its down right horrible.

Case and point: This is my issue, and no one was able to help me with it until I found this video.

my 2016 had the same issue as well.

Its really disgusting when I have to get that information from a chevy dealer who happens to post a video about it.

Now the kicker: Every dealer I took my car to said they couldn't find the problem, or duplicate it, even after I showed them a ****ing picture of the issue. And people wonder why I hate chevy dealers.

https://youtu.be/3TiuGs8W1eg

TLDR: This is a design flaw in the electrical system considering its been a problem in these cars for years since the 5th gen was introduced.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #14
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:

Are you running your original battery? I have heard rumors batteries gong bad can cause issues.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote