Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Marotrent

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS
Upgrading to ARH headers

I purchased a pair of TSP long tube headers from here and I was told that they had a small leak but I had my local muffler shop weld them and I didn't have any problems for about a month. After that I noticed a loud exhaust leak. I removed the headers and then had them welded again. The sound went away for a couple weeks but then it was back louder than ever also with a check engine light. I parked the car for about a month and today I ordered me a new pair of ARH headers along with mid pipes. I've purchased other things from fellow members and this was the first time I've had an issue. Just thought Id make a post about it. Pretty excited to get the new system on the car.
Marotrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Sounds like a material issue rather than a member issue.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
Marotrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Sounds like a material issue rather than a member issue.
Could be either way Im not mad about it at all. Things happen, I paid almost nothing for them in the first place.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You made a good choice this time around... ARH = FTW
Old 04-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #5
Marotrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You made a good choice this time around... ARH = FTW
Thanks man, they actually offered a complete system so it was a no brainer. I know they'll sound great with my NPP mufflers.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotrent View Post
Thanks man, they actually offered a complete system so it was a no brainer. I know they'll sound great with my NPP mufflers.
And they won't leak either. Had them on all 3 of my 5th Gen Camaros.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:17 PM   #7
Marotrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
And they won't leak either. Had them on all 3 of my 5th Gen Camaros.
Thats good to hear.... quick question (if you dont mind) why so many Camaros lol?
Old 04-17-2020, 10:11 PM   #8
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
I have arh's, x pipe, hfc, to npp sounded great then I changed npp for solo J pipes awsome
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:39 AM   #9
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
judging by the prices for used dynamax headers on the marketplace boards, it looks like you can buy a new set of supermaxx's and sell them for almost the same price lol

arh def the way to go, congrats!
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:24 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotrent View Post
Thats good to hear.... quick question (if you dont mind) why so many Camaros lol?

I've kept upgrading since they 1st came back in 2009. The car just kept improving along the way.

Here's the old ones.. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...64&postcount=3

ARH is now officially certified by GM. Definitely the best out there.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:12 AM   #11
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I have to say, this is the FIRST negative comment I've read about the TSP headers. OP, you said you basically got them for free, were they in bad shape?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:37 AM   #12
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
I know the entire system sounds great, ceramic coated LTs, gutted cats, x-pipe and their mufflers. I'm thinking your going to like it. The only variable is the NPP mufflers.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #13
Bubblehead
Submarine Pilot

Drives: 2015 Commemorative Edition SS
You did good to not get the full ARH exhaust. Their mufflers leave a lot to be desired. They sound great at WOT but are quiet otherwise. I absolutely love what the system does for the car but I am disappointed by the boring and timid way it sounds when idling or cruising. The ARH headers themselves are awesome! The quality and fit alone make it worth every penny!
|GPI: Tune, Rod Mod, PTB; Vararam Intake; ARH 1_7/8 headers & 3" cat-back; GM 3.91 gears; Circle D 4c converter and trans rebuild; Derale trans cooler; B&M deep trans pan; JMS Pedalmax; Taylor Thundervolt 10.4 wires; NGK Ruthenium plugs; 160 tstat|
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:46 AM   #14
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
You did good to not get the full ARH exhaust. Their mufflers leave a lot to be desired. They sound great at WOT but are quiet otherwise. I absolutely love what the system does for the car but I am disappointed by the boring and timid way it sounds when idling or cruising. The ARH headers themselves are awesome! The quality and fit alone make it worth every penny!
OP is retaining NPP mufflers. Unless the fuse pull or a mild to wild switch added, the mufflers will remain closed under light load. Very little drone with AR mufflers. ??? with NPP.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote