Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
BAP and e85

I am buying my components to round out phase 2 of my Wicked SS transformation, otherwise known as #projectundertheradar...

Phase 1. Magnuson running 7-8 psi
Phase 2: Upgrade fuel system and move to 9-10psi

Phase 3: forged pistons and rough idle cam (winter)

I have ordered the components for the fuel system upgrade, but in doing so I decided to also add the e85 sensor.

Here’s the question, should I use a Boost-a-Pump with e85? It was included with the first round of products for running 93oct.

- lt4 hpfp
- lt4 in tank pump
- lt4 injectors
- spark plugs
- BAP
- HP Tuners Pro version (not standard)
- 90mm pulley and belt
- dual gauges (boost and afr)

Secondary New adds:
- e85 kit
- front crank seal
- Crank case breather

It occurred to me, I don’t think I have ever seen anyone using the BAP with e85, but truthfully, it’s not something I looked for because I wasn’t planning to go down that route.

Tell me what you know...

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 05-03-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I am buying my components to round out phase 2 of my Wicked SS transformation, otherwise known as #projectundertheradar...

Phase 1. Magnuson running 7-8 psi
Phase 2: Upgrade fuel system and move to 9-10psi

Phase 3: forged pistons and rough idle cam (winter)

I have ordered the components for the fuel system upgrade, but in doing so I decided to also add the e85 sensor.

Here’s the question, should I use a Boost-a-Pump with e85? It was included with the first round of products for running 93oct.

- lt4 hpfp
- lt4 in tank pump
- lt4 injectors
- spark plugs
- BAP
- HP Tuners Pro version (not standard)
- 90mm pulley and belt
- dual gauges (boost and afr)

Secondary New adds:
- e85 kit
- front crank seal
- oil pressure release valve

It occurred to me, I don’t think I have ever seen anyone using the BAP with e85, but truthfully, it’s not something I looked for because I wasn’t planning to go down that route.

Tell me what you know...
The BAP is required for all Forced induction systems in my opinion.

You will be limited how much E you can run with the stock cam lobe and all the LT-4 components.

I really like having a flex fuel sensor on board as the computer will know the actual alcohol content and give you the best all around running engine.

Crank Case breather not oil pressure release valve.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

You will be limited how much E you can run with the stock cam lobe and all the LT-4 components.

I really like having a flex fuel sensor on board as the computer will know the actual alcohol content and give you the best all around running engine.

Ted.
Updated. Thanks Ted. Your entire staff has been great...as I ask 100 questions and change my mind quickly.

#projectundertheradar continues...

TBD performance
Old 05-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
Drsagacity

Quote:

Ted.
What do you mean, I will be limited to how much e I can run with this setup? Is that because I will run out of fuel without the bigger cam lobe?

I guess I could try to run e85 with the 95mm pulley instead. At 7-8psi on 93, we saw the 550-560rwhp. What would that mean on e85?

I suppose that’s ok, maybe I really don’t use the e85 until the next phase with cam and pistons?

TBD performance
Old 05-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #5
Hyper SS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
What do you mean, I will be limited to how much e I can run with this setup? Is that because I will run out of fuel without the bigger cam lobe?

I guess I could try to run e85 with the 95mm pulley instead. At 7-8psi on 93, we saw the 550-560rwhp. What would that mean on e85?

I suppose that’s ok, maybe I really don’t use the e85 until the next phase with cam and pistons?
Even with all LT4 fuel components, I can not run safely on E 85.
Hyper SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper SS View Post
Even with all LT4 fuel components, I can not run safely on E 85.
You can typically run up to E-50
Old 05-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #7
teesee150

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Not trying to take over the thread but I've got a similar build going with a Whipple. From what I understand, it sounds like its the low pressure fuel pump that is running out before the high side.

Would adding an auxiliary low side fuel pump (from DSX Tuning/Weapon X, CPR etc) add enough fuel to run E85 or will the high side still run out without a cam lobe? I haven't been able to find a good answer what an auxiliary fuel pump setup will support by itself without major high side upgrades.
teesee150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #8
Drsagacity

Quote:
Ted,

Would that be the case even staying with the 95mm pulley? I was planning on the 90mm pulley for 93...could I get similar results just running e85 with the 95?

After I add the pulley, then could I run e85?

TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 05-05-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:37 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Ted,

Would that be the case even staying with the 95mm pulley? I was planning on the 90mm pulley for 93...could I get similar results just running e85 with the 95?

After I add the pulley, then could I run e85?
I apologize if I don't know who is who and exactly what each of you have here on the forums, I am tuning several supercharged Gen6 cars at the same time.

With your Real name, vehicle info, complete mod list I can better answer specific questions.

So I will give a general answer that should help everyone.

You must have our complete fuel system upgrade package to run anything past 10% ethanol fuel on a supercharged application along with one of our Flex fuel sensor kits and our custom tuning for that.

The boost level will dictate What E-% you can run.

I viewed a log yesterday on a Whipple Gen3 system with 3.625 pulley or about 8 psi boost and he had E-58% and still had a little head room on injector pulse, the fuel pressures both low and high were holding strong.

Each combo will react differently so I recommend we creep up on it by starting with a mix that I will recommend, and watching logs to see where the threshold is for that combo.

Ted.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #10
SSnakeEater

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I apologize if I don't know who is who and exactly what each of you have here on the forums, I am tuning several supercharged Gen6 cars at the same time.

With your Real name, vehicle info, complete mod list I can better answer specific questions.

So I will give a general answer that should help everyone.

You must have our complete fuel system upgrade package to run anything past 10% ethanol fuel on a supercharged application along with one of our Flex fuel sensor kits and our custom tuning for that.

The boost level will dictate What E-% you can run.

I viewed a log yesterday on a Whipple Gen3 system with 3.625 pulley or about 8 psi boost and he had E-58% and still had a little head room on injector pulse, the fuel pressures both low and high were holding strong.

Each combo will react differently so I recommend we creep up on it by starting with a mix that I will recommend, and watching logs to see where the threshold is for that combo.

Ted.
Ted has been awesome throughout this whole process for me. Super patient and extremely knowledgeable. That is my car he is talking about and I opted to go the DSX aux pump route vs. the in-tank pump route. From what I have read about e85, it seems that the power gains taper off after e60. Can you confirm this Ted???? If that is true then I guess the only benefit of running full e85 is not dealing with the hassle of blending every fill up.
SSnakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnakeEater View Post
Ted has been awesome throughout this whole process for me. Super patient and extremely knowledgeable. That is my car he is talking about and I opted to go the DSX aux pump route vs. the in-tank pump route. From what I have read about e85, it seems that the power gains taper off after e60. Can you confirm this Ted???? If that is true then I guess the only benefit of running full e85 is not dealing with the hassle of blending every fill up.
Thank you Joshua.

I have experienced just that seems like there is not much gain after E-60 at this boost level but at higher boost levels that changes to more gains for more E.

You will never get pure E-85 at the pump it seems it is roughly E-65 -E75, I think the gas stations cheat by ordering too much 87 and dump what doesn't fit in the 87 tank in the E tanks.

Ted.