Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Krypton1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE Krypton Green
LT4 TMap Scaling

Hello - I posted this in the force induction section, but maybe its more applicable over here.

Does anyone know the Map Sensor Linear and Offset for AC Delco 12644807?

I swapped from the 3bar ls9 sensor to the LT4 TMap sensor so i can monitor boost air temperature as well. I ordered the TMap jumper harness through ADM.

With the 3bar sensor calibration, the Tmap sensor is reading 85kpa at ambient. So, I adjusted the Map Sensor Linear/Offset from 312kpa/-11.25 to 255kpa/-11.25. Ambient read 65kpa.. so it seems I went the wrong way.

I looked through some zl1/zo6/cts-v stock files and it looks like they are running Map Sensor Linear/Offset 425kpa/-32.5kpa. With this I am reading an ambient pressure of 99kpa which sounds good.. but those numbers just seem wrong to me..

I got a response from ADM this morning that the Linear/Offset should be 268.98/-1.65. I have not yet tried these, but I assume it will scale similarly to the 255/-11.25 that I tried previously..

So.. does anyone know exactly what the linear/offset for this particular sensor should be..
Krypton1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
425/-32.5 is correct. Why’d it seem wrong? It’s a four bar sensor.
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
Krypton1le

I was under the impression that it was a 2.5bar or 3bar sensor based on information online (such as the below links). I actually ordered the part from ADM (the LSA-Conversions website) where it states that it is a 2.5bar sensor.

https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopi...4-tmap-harness

https://paceperformance.com/i-204526...t4-engine.html
Old 04-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton1le View Post
Hello - I posted this in the force induction section, but maybe its more applicable over here.

Does anyone know the Map Sensor Linear and Offset for AC Delco 12644807?

I swapped from the 3bar ls9 sensor to the LT4 TMap sensor so i can monitor boost air temperature as well. I ordered the TMap jumper harness through ADM.

With the 3bar sensor calibration, the Tmap sensor is reading 85kpa at ambient. So, I adjusted the Map Sensor Linear/Offset from 312kpa/-11.25 to 255kpa/-11.25. Ambient read 65kpa.. so it seems I went the wrong way.

I looked through some zl1/zo6/cts-v stock files and it looks like they are running Map Sensor Linear/Offset 425kpa/-32.5kpa. With this I am reading an ambient pressure of 99kpa which sounds good.. but those numbers just seem wrong to me..

I got a response from ADM this morning that the Linear/Offset should be 268.98/-1.65. I have not yet tried these, but I assume it will scale similarly to the 255/-11.25 that I tried previously..

So.. does anyone know exactly what the linear/offset for this particular sensor should be..
If you purchased your sensor from Pace and it is the LT-4 sensor, then I provided the correct data for it and the fact that it read 99 Kpa key on engine off is proof your good to go.

I believe Andy sells a similar dimension Tmap sensor that might be a 2.5 bar, you would have to ask him to confirm that.

The part number is the only way to tell them apart.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
Krypton1le

Hey Ted - I was able to get it all sorted out with Andy (since it was purchased through him). Apparently they use a few different sensors so there was some initial confusion with the numbers supplied. Combined with the website listing it as a 2.5bar sensor. All is good now though!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton1le View Post
Hey Ted - I was able to get it all sorted out with Andy (since it was purchased through him). Apparently they use a few different sensors so there was some initial confusion with the numbers supplied. Combined with the website listing it as a 2.5bar sensor. All is good now though!
Glad I was able to help you get it sorted out.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote