Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #995
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
A little off topic, but.......I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I can't for the life of me understand the comments by reviewers that state the Gen6 looks "cartoonish" or "transformer like". The SS, especially the 1LE, is just so aggressive looking and screams high performance. Just my $.02.
Agreed. I think a lot of it is jealousy. The Mustang looks tame by comparison.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #996
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It's probably due to the fact the Camaro has been in every Transformers movie since 2007 and the design of the 6th Gen was hinted at in Transformers 4.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #997
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
A little off topic, but.......I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I can't for the life of me understand the comments by reviewers that state the Gen6 looks "cartoonish" or "transformer like". The SS, especially the 1LE, is just so aggressive looking and screams high performance. Just my $.02.
My ZL1, there is nothing cartoonish about it. Of the Big 3, the Camaro is far and away the most aggressive looking and sharpest of the bunch. Sometimes these reviewers say dumb shit just to get people to think a certain way. Or to give the competition fire. Kinda like they're instigating.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #998
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
One good thing about Ford is they keep improving. GM shows up, drops the mic and then doesn't come back for much at all until 6-7 years. So while Chevy builds the better all new car, Ford keeps improving.

They really need to up their MCE game. This goes for just about every GM product, they're basically small cosmetic upgrades and maybe an option or two.

I'm glad to see the GT is now as fast as the SS, but I don't think we will see a really good GT until the S650. Hopefully Chevy makes the SS a better day to day car too.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #999
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I think the change from the A8 to the A10 is the biggest change for a MCE in a looong time for GM...the other big one was what...the switch from the LS2 to the LS3 in the C6? Even then that wasn't a MCE.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #1000
torqueaddict

Hate to be blunt, but from the issues that's plaguing the 2018 GTs, I can't say Ford is improving, they're merely polishing a turd. I'd rather have a car I can count on.

Threads like these should not exist on a car just released.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102509
Old 05-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #1001
kidamer

Drives: 2016 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Hate to be blunt, but from the issues that's plaguing the 2018 GTs, I can't say Ford is improving, they're merely polishing a turd. I'd rather have a car I can count on.

Threads like these should not exist on a car just released.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102509
Your right no other cars have issues? all the car companies have issues.
come on now. We can go to every car forum and copy and paste these all day
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503577
kidamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #1002
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamer View Post
Every car has issues. But Ford is notorious for having many issues that are not addressed over several Generations. The S550 suffered from a lot of the same issues that plagued the S197s. And a lot of their issues are across the entire car line. Whereas most other companies might have smaller things that pop up with a handful of their cars and are usually due to quality control as opposed to actual manufacturing problems.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #1003
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
, especially the 1LE, is just so aggressive looking and screams high performance.
1LE looks like an old parts car with the black wrap. Probably a reason Mustang doesn't offer it.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #1004
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamer View Post
This is like comparing a heart attack to a broken foot. Sure, they're both injuries, but one is a lot more serious, a lot more expensive to remedy and will most likely require surgery.

I won't ever make the argument that no car has problems, but the seriousness of the issues does matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole
Every car has issues. But Ford is notorious for having many issues that are not addressed over several Generations. The S550 suffered from a lot of the same issues that plagued the S197s. And a lot of their issues are across the entire car line. Whereas most other companies might have smaller things that pop up with a handful of their cars and are usually due to quality control as opposed to actual manufacturing problems.
Exactly. Faulty evap cores, driveline vibration, hood erosion, mt82 grinding, metallic engine ticking all come to mind.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:26 AM   #1005
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
1LE looks like an old parts car with the black wrap. Probably a reason Mustang doesn't offer it.
The Mustang doesn't offer it because it would drive the price of the Mustang sky high and then nobody would be able to brag about how a local dealership was selling a GT at MSRP for $32K but they talked them down to $28K OTD. Along with the fact that Ford has yet to find a way to offer bits and pieces of a package that can compete as they nickel and dime their customers to death a little at a time. Want the comparable package for the 1LE? Well you have to opt in the PP1 and then this option and that feature. And then to be competitive you also need this mode and this tire and all of that is in this package too. But then you lose X package because it can't be combined. And end of the day you still spent over $50K while the SS comes with everything and no hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Exactly. Faulty evap cores, driveline vibration, hood erosion, mt82 grinding, metallic engine ticking all come to mind.
Along with hood vibrations, oil consumption, clutch engagement/disengagement issues, torque converter shudder, tramline, axles that snap under stock power levels...
Old 05-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #1006
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The Mustang doesn't offer it because it would drive the price of the Mustang sky high and then nobody would be able to brag about how a local dealership was selling a GT at MSRP for $32K but they talked them down to $28K OTD. Along with the fact that Ford has yet to find a way to offer bits and pieces of a package that can compete as they nickel and dime their customers to death a little at a time. Want the comparable package for the 1LE? Well you have to opt in the PP1 and then this option and that feature. And then to be competitive you also need this mode and this tire and all of that is in this package too. But then you lose X package because it can't be combined. And end of the day you still spent over $50K while the SS comes with everything and no hassle.

Along with hood vibrations, oil consumption, clutch engagement/disengagement issues, torque converter shudder, tramline, axles that snap under stock power levels...
You do understand that even the base GT sporting 235s has run a reviewed time of 12:20s or has equaled the best reviewed time for the SS right?

2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:53 AM   #1007
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
You do understand that even the base GT sporting 235s has run a reviewed time of 12:20s or has equaled the best reviewed time for the SS right?

So then when the Camaro was kicking the GT's ass...I guess it wasn't all due to the tires right? I mean, that was the big excuse back then..."give it wider tires and the Mustang will keep up". But now they're equaling the SS with 235s...??
Old 05-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #1008
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Everyone was all "The 18 wont' run 11's no way" and they were proved wrong. then they said it couldn't run low 12's with base tires and now they are proved wrong yet again, so we resort back to old talk grasping for straws. This thread has been very comical with people putting their foot in their mouth over and over lol
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote