Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #57
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Borla ATAK or Solo axle back.
This and from this guy
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Don't do Cherry bomb extremes with headers. People have shown me the "bird " when I pass them because of how loud they are:
Old 10-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #59
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
If you're embarrassed by your exhaust, at least you're not dealing with this...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320987

Wife wont approve the budget to do the headers, cats, and cat-back I want until next spring, so I'll either deal with it or look into just cutting the mufflers off...
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #60
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergrayls3 View Post
Well I won't say my car sounds bad but it is honestly a little too loud and draws unneeded/unwanted attention...it was perfect when it was just the catback...added the headers and it was way louder...then put the cam in and now it's retarded
^^^this is mine with the cutouts open.

you need to put some quiet mufflers on and add cutouts. You will be so much happier with your car.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #61
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
I've listened to just about every catback on the market and imho the best sounding
catback hands down is the Doug Thorley.I searched everywhere for one,found it at Jegs for 400.00 free delivery on sale. If you can find one get it.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #62
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Why, he's right. These cars sound wimpy from the factory. Compare a stock SS (non NPP) to a GT and it's really embarrassing.
I think the factory npp sounds quiet! Day one I pulled the fuse and it made decel pop and sound like shit! Got even worse when I added pfadt LTs! Still WAY to quiet so I added the noweeds. Sounds perfect but still popped bad on decel till my cam went in and Shawn tuned the popping out. Sounds/feels perfect now! I was a little disappointed in the npp to say the least. I thought with headers and no cats it would've been louder. I do love the dual tips though! And it's stealthy when the dumps are closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
NOWEEDS! That way you can have it loud or really loud when you want it to be loud. Or you can have the stock sound when you Don't want it loud or really loud. You get the best of both worlds and can have a preset button anywhere in between! Check out their website, they have some pretty good demo videos. Noweeds.net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
This!!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #63
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
Borla's do sound good on Gen V's one of the first cars i have ever said borla sounds good on. feel free to call us up too for some pricing
Took your advice . Went with borla s type axle back , with resinators left on. Sounds great, just whit I was looking for. Thanks, Terry
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #64
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
So this morning have two guys putting in new pellet stove. That said could you move your car a little we would not want to scratch a new car. So I started it up and move it. One of the guys says is that an 8 . I said yes. He said it sure don't sound like one. Will I have 4 hours to kill till there done. I will be on the phone and internet getting prices for at least some new mufflers. I just want it to sound like a v8. Any suggestions ( mufflers only) 2014 2ss rs convertible . Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
Took your advice . Went with borla s type axle back , with resinators left on. Sounds great, just whit I was looking for. Thanks, Terry
Glad you got the sound you were looking for.
Your first post is kind of funny, all it took was a guy asking "is that an 8".
I had the opposite thing happen to me. Had a contractor at the house giving me an estimate on some kitchen upgrades and he wanted to get up in the attic. I had to move the car out of the garage to get the stairs down. He was already eyeballing the car pretty hard, then when I started it up his eyeballs bulged out and all he wanted to know was if he bought a Camaro how can he get it to sound like that. Then he took some pictures of it with his smart phone. Never asked what engine it had. Needless to say, I was proud of the Camaro that day.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #65
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
SLP loudmouth I

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #66
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Just an FYI, Borla's Atak system isn't a 3in system (at least that's what I remember reading on their site). With that said, the Atak is loud, but sounds a little sloppy when you add headers. I vote for cut outs, or SW's Retro cat back. The Retro system has a killer sound and is a full 3in system.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #67
TN REBEL SOUL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Borla S-type catback on my 2013 2SS/RS L99. Love it! The Range helps too.....
TN REBEL SOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #68
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
If I had it to do over again the catback would have been the LAST mod for the car. They cost a sh!t ton and do nothing but sound different and louder. Why not get parts that make your car sound different, louder AND increase the HP. Like high flow cats or long tube headers with high flow cats. No catback in the world is going to sound as good as a pair of long tube headers. They also give you a extra 40RWHP to go along with that great sound.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #69
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
Some people are just stupid. I took my car for state inspection and the guy inspecting asked is it an 8? I was like are you f******g deaf I have stainless works lt headers, hf cats and slp loudmouth 2.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #70
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergrayls3 View Post
Well I won't say my car sounds bad but it is honestly a little too loud and draws unneeded/unwanted attention...it was perfect when it was just the catback...added the headers and it was way louder...then put the cam in and now it's retarded
Do you have a sound clip?
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote