Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
Jeringo

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS
e Diff question

I may be nuts for even giving this any thought but its worth a shot. To my understanding, the 1le package comes with an electronic LSD. I am about to IRS swap a car and so far the donor I am shooting for is either a camaro5 zl1 or a Camaro 6. The 5 at this point is only a fallback if I can't make the 6 work. Does anyone have knowledge on whether the ediff can run standalone? Does anyone know every sensor and module it would need in order to run? I've seen non 1le cars that also have a module of some sort on the rear cradle, What does this module do? I'm assuming part of it is for the parking brake. Are there any big issues with the 6gen rear suspension that I would need to sort out before shoving 700hp through it? Any insight would be much appreciated.
Jeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
Rhino5109

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro 2013 BMW 650xi G
I'm swapping a 2018 ZL1 ediff into a 1971 Camaro,I have found so far that you will need a few things to make it work,body control module,electronic brake module,steering angle sensor,if you get a complete cradle it should have the e-diff computer,ebrake module and sensors on the arms,also the gauge cluster and transmissions work with body control module some how
Rhino5109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Looks like most (if not all) of the modules needed are listed by Rhino, but also be aware that all of this modules will need to be not only VIN programmed to match, but also may need special cals to turn certain fault detection features off. For instance, the brake control module might need to see messages from another module not listed here and determine that it should set a fault, and that fault might cause the eLSD to go into some degraded state. Also, if you do get it functioning electrically, you'll also need to do some manual calibration if you want to get the most out of it (unless your setup is basically identical to the Camaro once it's built)

IMO, swapping for a torsen or other mechanical differential is by far the easier way to go, but that's just my 2¢
Old 10-09-2019, 04:19 AM   #4
Mrfixxit7

Drives: FIFTY 2SS Callaway
Has anyone done a successful swap? I have an 17 SS and would like to upgrade to a Ediff.
Mrfixxit7 is offline   Reply With Quote