Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #15
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
Does anyone have a link to the actual TSB? I would like to do this myself, I don't trust the dealer to do anything on my car.

As I understand, a TSB is not released for this one just yet (if it's the same issue as mine). As Raptor Jesus mentioned, there is not fix for the latest recall and according to the NHTSA filings, it does not affect all of the 2017 Camaros:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=19V086
Note: when you open this link, look for the "5 Associated Documents" for the details.

I have an open case with the GM Customer Engagement Center and have been in contact with them every week for the last 3+ weeks.

Long story short, I bought my car and within a week I had to take it back to the dealership because of this issue.
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:45 PM   #16
Opus13
Opus13

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, Black
I just went to the NHTSA page and inputted my VIN. The results stated there was no recall for my vehicle. I'll check back 4/1/19.
Opus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:53 AM   #17
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcd550 View Post
As I understand, a TSB is not released for this one just yet (if it's the same issue as mine). As Raptor Jesus mentioned, there is not fix for the latest recall and according to the NHTSA filings, it does not affect all of the 2017 Camaros:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=19V086
Note: when you open this link, look for the "5 Associated Documents" for the details.

I have an open case with the GM Customer Engagement Center and have been in contact with them every week for the last 3+ weeks.

Long story short, I bought my car and within a week I had to take it back to the dealership because of this issue.
That really sucks. I hope they fixed it quickly so you didn't have to be without your brand new car for too long.

My car is EU spec and with GMs presence in EU I could imagine it would take forever to inform about a recall. I did check my VIN on the GM site https://my.gm.com/recalls and it says:
Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2018 Chevrolet Camaro A

However, I would like to see what exactly this procedure involves, so I can check it myself at next given chance. Loosing your power steering in a high speed turn sounds pretty f**** dangerous.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #18
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
To the OP, any new information about your steering issue?
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #19
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
My dealer is telling me it's a reprogram kind of thing but I remember the recall card right after I put it away for winter saying it was bolts. Is it bolts or both? Just need to know if I'm gonna need my laptop to reload my tune lol

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:11 AM   #20
Sweptwing

Drives: 2017 2LT RS V6 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
My dealer is telling me it's a reprogram kind of thing but I remember the recall card right after I put it away for winter saying it was bolts. Is it bolts or both? Just need to know if I'm gonna need my laptop to reload my tune lol
Not sure about the reprogram but if any bolts are broken or missing the steering gear must be replaced.
Sweptwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #21
Dubchitts

Ok Ill make sure they don't plug into me. Thanks!

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Old 04-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #22
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I spoke to a friend of mine who works at a Chevy dealership. The dealer will replace the bolts since they can get corroded. They then seal with with a wax on the bolt and on the seam. He didn't mention anything about replacing the rack or reprogramming anything.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #23
lcd550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
I spoke to a friend of mine who works at a Chevy dealership. The dealer will replace the bolts since they can get corroded. They then seal with with a wax on the bolt and on the seam. He didn't mention anything about replacing the rack or reprogramming anything.
My recommendation, to be absolutely cerain, is to verify the specific recall affecting your vehicle by going to mychevrolet.com or the NHTSA (https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls) website and inputting your VIN.

My specific Power Steering Issue still does not have a remedy and I'm in contact every week with GM's Customer Engagement Center as I do have an open case.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #24
Dubchitts

Stopped in and verified. Asked them of they were sure it was a reprogram or bolts. They said" oh yeah the Camaros are the bolts". Thanks for the responses

Old 04-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #25
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
I started this thread, where I posted a link to a description of the work (with pictures): https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551850
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #26
lcd550

Just checked GM's website...the remedy is in place for the EPS recall for my 2017 Camaro (GM #N182182760).

I'm bugging the dealer to make sure my parts get ordered so I can finally get my car back!