Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #15
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Someone was feeding you a line of bull excrement. Most dyno manufacturers tell you to use the 1:1 gear ratio. I'd say 99% of dyno charts I've seen have been run in the 1:1 gear. That explains why you had stupid high stock numbers, they were fudged.
1:1 is the most efficient pull on a dyno, no power is lost to torque multiplication, it's just straight thru.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:16 AM   #16
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Forgive me if I don't understand. Is the problem with doing the dyno run in 4th gear, that the rpms are higher and thus spinning the turbo faster, giving a higher torque result? If so, what is wrong with that? Isn't that exactly what we want to know, what is the max amt of torque we have access to, and is anyone surprised that that is in 3rd/4th gear and not 5th/6th?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Forgive me if I don't understand. Is the problem with doing the dyno run in 4th gear, that the rpms are higher and thus spinning the turbo faster, giving a higher torque result? If so, what is wrong with that? Isn't that exactly what we want to know, what is the max amt of torque we have access to, and is anyone surprised that that is in 3rd/4th gear and not 5th/6th?
No it's not, the issue is it peaks before a full dyno pull can be done. The 8L45 is not the 8L90 and acts entirely different when doing pulls. You don't do dyno pulls from 0mph you typically start from 40ish mph so in 4th on the 8L45 it just pulls so quick that you never get to do a complete pull. This would be better answered by someone who actually runs a dyno and not everyone theorycrafting there way into the record books.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote