Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Actual Hp and Torque

Was wondering if anyone had actual # for the car from Chevy no add ons

Does it have more or less HP and Torque than they claim?

And how much do you lose at the Wheel?

Interested to know, searched a little, found some charts but could not read easily, try not to bash me.

If anyone wants to share it is interesting, thanks

Chris
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Listed all my dyno pulls same location same dyno Land and Sea Load Dyno using SAE Correction. Top one is a 100% Stock Pull that surprised myself and the dyno operators all these were the typical 4th Gear Dyno Pulls. Hope this also clears up the misinformation on here about the ECM and TCM detuning back to stock as I put my dyno dates on as well.

Dyno Pulls

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
This is gonna sound stupid , but is the 294HP the stock Crank # or if the lower 275 the Stock Crank #
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Red is torque blue is horsepower. Literally almost xactly what they were claiming at the crank is being laid down at the wheels under WOT in the A8.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 11-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
It's very hard to get accurate numbers for what you're asking. There are just too many variables. While an SAE dyno pull (corrected to cancel out variations due to weather, humidity, altitude, etc) helps knock out some of those variables, every brand of dyno will read differently. You can change dynos and gain 20hp/tq. Or vice versa. Another big variable is that every car is different. You can put brand new untouched 2017 Camaros on the same exact dyno and chances are that they will all make slightly different numbers. So why I would love to hear exactly what you're asking as well, it simply doesn't exist.

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #6
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberCamaro View Post
It's very hard to get accurate numbers for what you're asking. There are just too many variables. While an SAE dyno pull (corrected to cancel out variations due to weather, humidity, altitude, etc) helps knock out some of those variables, every brand of dyno will read differently. You can change dynos and gain 20hp/tq. Or vice versa. Another big variable is that every car is different. You can put brand new untouched 2017 Camaros on the same exact dyno and chances are that they will all make slightly different numbers. So why I would love to hear exactly what you're asking as well, it simply doesn't exist.
So true.

For example, take Evil-Bee's numbers with a very large grain of salt (no offense intended EvilBee). If you look at various dyno pulls on youtube, or look at posted dyno sheets from places like Evan's tuning/RPM/ZZP/VT, etc, you'll see stock LTG's make between 225-235 RWHP. No LTG has ever made 275 stock at the wheels. The pulls were in 4th gear which is actually 1.650:1 ratio, not 1:1 and likely the dyno is uncalibrated. On top of that, it only hit 18.6psi which means it actually was probably more accurately under 220whp. 275 at the wheels is about 340-350 at the crank - GM has never, in any car, underrated the HP to that massive of a percent (edit: '70 LS454s/Buick GNs/and a few others do come to mind)
As a matter of fact, Evan's tuning did two LTG ATSs and after various tunes, they hit 300WHP, so 275 stock is just not believable.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Your right for 6th gear pulls they dyno anywhere from 225 to 240ish whp honestly but a 4th gear pull will always read much higher. Like i stated they are all 4th gear pulls I'll try pulling up my 6th gear pulls but 99% of tuners use 4th gear pulls to make customers happy with numbers and a 4th gear pull is what your usually feeling under wot because of how long it takes an A8 to get to 6th.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Found my 6th Gear Stock Pull i'll try getting my other pulls from my tuner. Stock pulls we pulled to 155 MPH.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
So true.

For example, take Evil-Bee's numbers with a very large grain of salt (no offense intended EvilBee). If you look at various dyno pulls on youtube, or look at posted dyno sheets from places like Evan's tuning/RPM/ZZP/VT, etc, you'll see stock LTG's make between 225-235 RWHP. No LTG has ever made 275 stock at the wheels. The pulls were in 4th gear which is actually 1.650:1 ratio, not 1:1 and likely the dyno is uncalibrated. On top of that, it only hit 18.6psi which means it actually was probably more accurately under 220whp. 275 at the wheels is about 340-350 at the crank - GM has never, in any car, underrated the HP to that massive of a percent (edit: '70 LS454s/Buick GNs/and a few others do come to mind)
As a matter of fact, Evan's tuning did two LTG ATSs and after various tunes, they hit 300WHP, so 275 stock is just not believable.
i'm not gonna confound your information or view your likely right and i'm not a dyno operator I do know no one car is the same and getting equal operating temps for two cars is virtually impossible. Much like the ATS is not the Camaro no matter the power plant. Nowhere was that more obvious then the old CTS Caddy that shared the LLT with the Camaro. Dyno was calibrated believe me when I saw those numbers I asked all these questions because it seemed off to me to be doing stock crank numbers.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Dyno numbers are just about always pointless. Unless you run a pre mod and post mod pull, on the same day, as close to the same time, the results are skewed. That's just the effect of mother nature, regardless of how many correction factors are applied.

Also, I can swing a dyno measurement 20whp. Yes, 20whp. How? Placement of the tires on the rollers, tire pressure, how the car is strapped to the dyno are all 'subjective' factors that can be influenced by the operator. That reason alone renders using dyno numbers effectively pointless. The best way to measure power is always going to be a dragstrip! MPH don't lie!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #11
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Your right for 6th gear pulls they dyno anywhere from 225 to 240ish whp honestly but a 4th gear pull will always read much higher. Like i stated they are all 4th gear pulls I'll try pulling up my 6th gear pulls but 99% of tuners use 4th gear pulls to make customers happy with numbers and a 4th gear pull is what your usually feeling under wot because of how long it takes an A8 to get to 6th.
Someone was feeding you a line of bull excrement. Most dyno manufacturers tell you to use the 1:1 gear ratio. I'd say 99% of dyno charts I've seen have been run in the 1:1 gear. That explains why you had stupid high stock numbers, they were fudged.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 11-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Someone was feeding you a line of bull excrement. Most dyno manufacturers tell you to use the 1:1 gear ratio. I'd say 99% of dyno charts I've seen have been run in the 1:1 gear. That explains why you had stupid high stock numbers, they were fudged.
Said dyno operators like to do 4th gear pulls not manufacturers yes they say to do 6th gear pulls and they do but i can almost guarantee none of the pulls with 300+whp on stock turbo with tune and basic bolt-ons was a 6th gear pull.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #13
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Said dyno operators like to do 4th gear pulls not manufacturers yes they say to do 6th gear pulls and they do but i can almost guarantee none of the pulls with 300+whp on stock turbo with tune and basic bolt-ons was a 6th gear pull.
YOUR dyno operator likes to do 4th gear pulls. That doesn't mean that anyone else is. Do you have any proof to back up your claim here? Links to dyno sheets you think are suspect?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #14
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

There's only 2 other 2.0T Camaros who have posted on here rickwelch and 6th_gen_gino both guys are cool so I'll let them chime in because i have respect for them.