Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #15
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
We just closed a deal on a new 18 1LE with the 0 % APR.....the deals are out there if you are in the right position to make it.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:58 PM   #16
jfearh

Drives: 2018 Camaro LS / 2018 Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinQueen View Post
We just closed a deal on a new 18 1LE with the 0 % APR.....the deals are out there if you are in the right position to make it.
I am aware that the 2018 do have 0% apr but there arent many 18s left at all in the color and transmission choice
jfearh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #17
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
What's the mileage allowance on the lease and how many miles do you anticipate putting on the car? I've seen people get a 'great' deal on a lease without considering the low milage allowed and getting screwed with what they owed at the end of the lease period.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #18
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
At the end of the day, you’re getting a brand new Camaro SS for $32,917. That’s a smokin’ good deal. Buying the car today with that much cash would be a really good deal. Using their money for 2 years makes it an even better deal. The lease buyout price is a done deal. I’m going through that right now. We’ve decided to buy my wife’s Volt rather than turn it back in when lease is done. The purchase price is the same as agreed upon on the day we signed the lease.

Make the deal and don’t look back (unless there are blue lights in your mirror. Then you should look back. And pull over)
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #19
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
What's the mileage allowance on the lease and how many miles do you anticipate putting on the car? I've seen people get a 'great' deal on a lease without considering the low milage allowed and getting screwed with what they owed at the end of the lease period.
Only an issue if he turns it in off lease. If he’s dead set on purchasing it, miles are meaningless. We’ll be over miles on my wife’s Volt if we turn it in. As it turns out, I found out today I can buy it for the price established when we signed the lease, and if I do it now, two months before the lease is up, I can save two lease payments. BONUS!!
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 03-22-2019, 04:04 AM   #20
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Doesn’t mean he will. I’ve never regretted a lease.
Ya know - I've never done a lease and never had much interest in one.

On the other hand I know a couple guys who swear by them. They know they have to return them with new OEM spec tires and will get hit for a few bucks for wear - but they also get the low low signing and low low payments.

I have to admit for a low mile a year commuter - where having a car is mandatory - a lease at sub 180/month can make a lot of sense. Timing seems to be the key. At 485/month I kida pucker - but that's depreciation - LOL.

For the OP it might too. In fairness the SS is a pretty decent car for the price.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:39 AM   #21
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
The choice is actually simple hinging on 2 factors. One, will you go over the milage limit of the lease? If not then lease. Do you want a new car every 2 or 3 years? Then lease. As soon as you drive off the lot the value of the car depreciates. If you buy, yes you will have equity in the car but still never get all that money back when you trade it in or sell it.

Food for thought.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #22
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingchunsifu View Post
The choice is actually simple hinging on 2 factors. One, will you go over the milage limit of the lease? If not then lease. Do you want a new car every 2 or 3 years? Then lease. As soon as you drive off the lot the value of the car depreciates. If you buy, yes you will have equity in the car but still never get all that money back when you trade it in or sell it.

Food for thought.
So my wife totaled a 2014 4Runner last year. The residual was high and at the end of the day that vehicle cost us 90.00 a month to own (not including maintenance of course) - so in that case purchase beats lease.

Some guy hit me a month later in a brand new Outback with 1,000 miles on it. Totally his fault.

I had "new car replacement" (as seen on TV - and let my insurance handle all of it it) which pays higher of ACV or purchase price. In my case there were few 1,000 mile Outbacks on the market and they were very expensive. I made 4,500 free and clear over what I paid for it OTD taking the ACV offer - I was happy.

My only point I guess is to add another factor. COPART is full of crashed new SS Camaros - so on top of lease - look at New Car Replacement or proper GAP coverage.

Drive safe.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:23 AM   #23
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Leasing is not a bad option IF:

-You keep the miles low and within your allotment. (Even better if you stay below, that way you will have equity at the lease's end or if you need to terminate the lease before the lease's end.)

-You keep the car meticulous- no dents, dings, scratches, stains on the interior seats, etc. At the end of the lease they charge BIG if you have cosmetic issues and if you go over the mileage. They will do a detailed inspection.

That being said it is better to buy and pay cash if you can but leases do work for some people.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #24
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Everything sounds like a great deal, specifically the fact that you have to put no money down. There are a ton of advantages to leasing, and it sounds like you have it down.

The only thing I will say is that when you go to buy your vehicle at the lease end, you're effectively "resetting" the payment clock, meaning you're buying a used car all over again. So if you plan on purchasing after the lease is up, start those payments now so that at the end of the 2 year equivalent (what you would have leased for), you'll actually have positive equity on the car.

Past -
2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack
2015 Camaro SS
2010 Ford Mustang GT
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #25
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Is it a black car? I wish I would have been the first owner of mine, all my time spent fixing the paint isn't free.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #26
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

I’ve had good experiences with leases. Over the years we’ve done about a dozen leases. My favorites were
  • 24-month 12,000 mile per year lease on a 2014 Chevy Cruze. Somewhere around $800 down, $85/month for 24 months. Turned it in pretty much on target mileage wise, no muss, no fuss. Then picked up a....
  • 24 month 10,000 mile/yr lease on a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze for $63/mo. Turned it in about 2,000 miles over mileage (one of my kids drove it more than I did). Got hit for $0.08 cents per mile, so something under $200 extra. No biggie. Also got hit for wear and tear where the same kid “rubbed” it against the garage opening. Can’t remember what that cost me, but when you consider I paid about $2,500 to use the car for two years ($1,000 down, $63/mo) I think I still came out far ahead.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #27
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
-You keep the car meticulous- no dents, dings, scratches, stains on the interior seats, etc. At the end of the lease they charge BIG if you have cosmetic issues and if you go over the mileage. They will do a detailed inspection.
Normal wear and tear, small stains, dings, scratches, are acceptable with a lease. They are not really that picky. Plus a lot of dealers will purchase your lease out over returning it to Chevy since it can be a CPO car.

In any case, car companies are not out to lose money. When your lease is running out, take it to dealers and attempt to trade it in or sell it outright. Chances are there is quite a bit of residual value in it and instead of rewarding the manufacturer just pocket the difference yourself.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #28
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
good deal if your intent is to buy it at the end of the lease.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote