Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
LasVegasSS

Drives: 2016 1 SS/2013 2 SS/1988 Frbrd GTA
GM Performance Warranty

Hi guys,
I just purchased a good condition 2016 1 SS Camaro. Unfortunately, I had to buy it from a Dodge dealership because I couldn't find any used SSes at any of the GM dealerships in Las Vegas after searching for months. The 2016 still has a little of the factory warranty on it (6 months). On my 2013 SS that I purchased new, I bought the GM Performance Warranty that took me through 5 years/100,000 miles and it paid off right before I hit the end of the warranty period. I want to buy the same warranty for my new to me, 2016 SS Camaro. Dodge tried to sell me an aftermarket warranty for about 2 grand at the time of sale. I passed and went to the Chevy dealership where I originally bought my 2013 SS and the guy quoted me about $2500 to take me through 5 years and 100,000 miles. He mentioned that you can buy the warranties at any GM dealership, so I went to a different Chevy dealership, closer to my home, and that guy told me GM doesn't offer the GM warranty any more but showed me another company's bumper to bumper warranty for about $2300. That didn't sound right to me, so I went to a Cadillac dealership across town, and they had the GM warranty! The lady quoted me $2300 for a 5 year/100,000 GM warranty. My questions are, who is telling the truth and can anyone give me feedback on extended warranties that you've purchased and what they cost? Thank you for any feedback.
LasVegasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasSS View Post
Hi guys,
I just purchased a good condition 2016 1 SS Camaro. Unfortunately, I had to buy it from a Dodge dealership because I couldn't find any used SSes at any of the GM dealerships in Las Vegas after searching for months. The 2016 still has a little of the factory warranty on it (6 months). On my 2013 SS that I purchased new, I bought the GM Performance Warranty that took me through 5 years/100,000 miles and it paid off right before I hit the end of the warranty period. I want to buy the same warranty for my new to me, 2016 SS Camaro. Dodge tried to sell me an aftermarket warranty for about 2 grand at the time of sale. I passed and went to the Chevy dealership where I originally bought my 2013 SS and the guy quoted me about $2500 to take me through 5 years and 100,000 miles. He mentioned that you can buy the warranties at any GM dealership, so I went to a different Chevy dealership, closer to my home, and that guy told me GM doesn't offer the GM warranty any more but showed me another company's bumper to bumper warranty for about $2300. That didn't sound right to me, so I went to a Cadillac dealership across town, and they had the GM warranty! The lady quoted me $2300 for a 5 year/100,000 GM warranty. My questions are, who is telling the truth and can anyone give me feedback on extended warranties that you've purchased and what they cost? Thank you for any feedback.
There are several threads about where to buy the GM warranty at a good price.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Contact "BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy" to see what price she can quote you for comparison.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:51 AM   #4
rock45

Drives: car run like tiger
you can search this on forum i see already have many threads on same topic please search and read the instruction where you buy this
rock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
LasVegasSS

Drives: 2016 1 SS/2013 2 SS/1988 Frbrd GTA
In case anyone else has this situation, here is what I found out. Some dealers have stopped carrying GMPP. A company called Ally is the provider for a lot of them. Some dealerships use their own outside warranty company. They all say that they are bumper-to-bumper with some exclusions. I also found that you can shop around to compare and get the best price. The best price I found was from the Cadillac dealership here in town which offered the GM Platinum Warranty at a reasonable price. Thanks to all of those that responded/assisted.
LasVegasSS is offline   Reply With Quote