Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
ozzywsw

Drives: Camaro 16, Challenge 16, Mustang 67
Engine mount problem ?

Greeting from Poland. My name is Peter and I am a proud owner of 16 Camaro 2.0 manual tranny

I believe I have a problem with the engine mounts. Whether I engage or disengage the clutch, doesn't matter if it is in gear or in neutral and I rev the engine (it revs as it should, no hesitation or other issues), it shakes (everything shakes ). As the gears/clutch don't matter, I think that it may be the engine mount.

The right and left engine mounts when the car is off are soft ( I think it is normal as they are vacuum controlled). But when the car is on, they should get stiff. My problem is that actually they don't.

My question is. First of all, am I right with the engine mounts assumption ? If yes, is it true that after turning the engine on, the engine mounts should get noticeably stiffer ? And my last question. Do you know, by any change, what vacuum pressure readings should I get when connecting a vacuum gauge while engine on?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Peter.

Last edited by ozzywsw; 03-16-2019 at 08:11 AM.
ozzywsw is offline   Reply With Quote