#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-15-2017, 06:54 AM   #57
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXCamaro View Post
I'd be happy to tell more about it. In terms of the power, its a low to mid 12 second car easy. Mine had everything but the laser cruise control and auto wipers. It was a blast to drive both slow and fast. Even with the 275 wide tires on the Daytona, it was impossible to hook from a dig. But from a roll, it was a missile.

The car snapped necks too just like the 1LE does. People see it and are in awe. Its a sharp looking car no doubt. As for the handling, I did not detect much body roll at all compared to the challenger. To me it handled better. It was stiff though. No mag ride either like you get in the SRT or Hellcat. So over bumps, it hit hard.

I got mine for around what you are looking to spend. So thats right in line. Tons of cargo space as well as people space. And my kids loved the rear heated seats. If you want to know anything else, let me know.

I got to take one out for a test drive this past weekend and I was impressed. The exhaust on these cars is mean as he!!. Throttle reponse and power are great much better than my 12-SRT, the car pulls really hard. I wonder if that CAI kit is adding a bit of HP, it is easily a low 12-sec ride.

Interior was ok, I think if there is improvement needed it is here. I also thought the seats were very sporty with great bolster support, but I wonder how they would be for a long trip. Backseat is great I could fit back there and still had plenty of room. The suspension is very firm and I would miss the adjustabilty of the SRT. The car I drove was a bright green model and it turned every head we passed. Looks wise the car very aggressive, and has beautiful lines.

Still considering the car but I don't think I could live with the green. Also took out a SRT Challenger while I was there and I think I prefer the Daytona, but do miss the 3-mode suspension on the SRT.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #58
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Yeah I do. I think the valves must be constantly trying to keep the exhaust loud at heavy throttle, but docile at normal driving. Pulling that fuse lets the exhaust do its thing even when light cruising or even in 6th with light load.
Or just keep it in Sport and set the exhaust to Track mode via the touchscreen.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #59
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Im thinking a hellcat charger is in my immediate future. The daytona was awesome, but it was lacking the power I wanted. And those new Hemis are expensive to mod. So I'll just let dodge do it for me.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #60
Zepp

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I love the Recaro seats in mine, however, because the seats are firm, if I wear a belt, I can feel it pressing against my lower back. If I'm going on a long road trip, like several hours, I will remove my belt.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #61
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
I love the Recaro seats in mine, however, because the seats are firm, if I wear a belt, I can feel it pressing against my lower back. If I'm going on a long road trip, like several hours, I will remove my belt.
My problem with the recaros are from the base of the seats, not the back. The bottom bolsters dig into my legs. Its just too narrow for me.

Last edited by ZXCamaro; 05-15-2017 at 08:58 AM.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #62
Hawk Fan

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Camaro
Quote:
So Im still not feeling the recaros. Being a gentleman of a larger stature, they are not comfortable. I have a deal with someone with a 2SS to trade seats, but its making me nervous thinking about resale. The recaros are a big part of this car. And a 1LE without the recaros to me, would be less valuable. Now Im sure not every dealer would even notice. But my selling dealer claims they would. I asked when I took it in the other day for a wash.

Other notable things that are bothering me. No auto. I went from a 2017 charger Daytona 392 with literally the best A8 on the planet, to this manual. And dont get me wrong. The manual is very good. But its not as fast as the auto, plus my laziness is kicking in and I really would like to just relax when I drive. A big part of me is saying I should have gotten a 2SS auto, rather than the 1LE.

Heres the rub. I have yet to experience the car for what it was intended for. The track. For a street car, its ok. In complete touring mode, its livable but just barely. Put it in sport or track, and its so stiff it will rattle your teeth out. Im sure its glorious out on the track which im sure I will try at least once this year, but I planned to drive it quite alot on the street.

Do others feel this way about the car? Im sure there will be people saying they think its a great street car, and super comfortable and so on. I just dont feel that way. I have no plans on selling it, but this seat thing needs to get better. Im thinking about the trade and will most likely go through with it.

Im open to just buying a single 2SS or even a 1SS seat for the drivers side seeing as I dont have heated/cooled. But I would really want to keep the 1LE intact for when I do sell it. Im thinking my days of driving high strung race cars on the street are over. Meaning I would rather have a car like the Daytona 392 vs something so focus like this 1LE. Too late now... But any other opinions how I can make this car more livable on the street?

There's probably some 2SS folks out there that will trade you straight up for the 1LE. I know I would have. I just traded in my 2SS for the 1SS 1LE! I knew I would loose some of the creature comforts, but wanted a real drivers machine. As soon as I bought the 2SS I realized I bought the wrong car, and traded it in within a couple months.
Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #63
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
I'm in a similar-ish boat, but haven't bought yet. I had my heart set on a 1LE after renting and putting 500 miles on a 1SS over two days, until I went and actually sat in a 1LE. I'm 6', 215 or so and the Recaros just aren't comfortable for me at all. They would be fantastic at a track day, but it seems as if the seams between the pads somehow poke me in the middle/upper back the whole time. Sat in a ZL1 as well just to make sure it wasn't that specific car, same thing. They are amazing seats for high performance driving, but they make it a real bitch to get in and out of on the daily grind. For reference, I've owned C3 and C4 Corvettes, and 3rd Gen, 4th Gen LT1, and 4th Gen LS1 F-bodies...so I'm used to a pain in the ass car a little bit. Of course the C4 Vette wins top honors for ingress/egress difficult

I also know with my work schedule (ZERO weekends off, ever.) I'll never have an opportunity to do a track day. I also thought the ride and braking of the 1SS was just fine, so the MRC and 6 pots are wasted on me. I don't even need the NPP, I'm very used to single mode (LOUD) exhausts on all my previous Y/F Body cars. Basically my wants and needs have turned from a 1LE so a base 2SS.
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote