Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #15
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
Chevrolet SS Sedan and the option to mod it out if wanted
Old 05-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #16
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewurzernator View Post
I have a 17 2LT 1LE with the Leather SS seats. I would be willing to trade you seats straight up. I am in the west burbs of Chicago.
Yeah it would never be a straight up trade no way. The guy that wants to trade me has $500 on top of his brand new 2SS seats and hes going to pay a shop to do the trade for us with both cars.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #17
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
1LE is a track focused car. If you never intend on taking it there, then trade it sooner vs later on a car you'll enjoy based on your intended use.
I suspect many folks bought a Z/28 due to its superb marketing, then realized rather quickly they made a colossal mistake (for their use). Those things happen. So, correct it and get a car you're going to enjoy. Life is too short. Best of luck!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #18
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
1LE is a track focused car. If you never intend on taking it there, then trade it sooner vs later on a car you'll enjoy based on your intended use.
I suspect many folks bought a Z/28 due to its superb marketing, then realized rather quickly they made a colossal mistake (for their use). Those things happen. So, correct it and get a car you're going to enjoy. Life is too short. Best of luck!
The SS 1LE is great on the street - I may never track it and still love it.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 AM   #19
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I am 6' 2", 275 pounds, big shoulders, and I actually find the Recaros surprisingly comfortable...
Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #20
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
i totally understand where you're coming from. it's impossible to know what it's really like to LIVE with a car until you have it. it's also hard to tease out what's good about your current car until you get a different car and you lose what's good about your current car.

1. do NOT get rid of your stock seats. you're going to kill resale. lol, and a straight swap is laughable.
2. look to trade for a 2SS A8 or an SS Sedan with an auto. i think you might be able to find someone on the forums who wants to go the other way, but you'll never find that person if you don't place an ad. i know i've read a few regret posts about buying a 2SS A8, but they aren't willing to eat the depreciation to get a 1LE.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #21
thewurzernator

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE RAPID BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXCamaro View Post
Yeah it would never be a straight up trade no way. The guy that wants to trade me has $500 on top of his brand new 2SS seats and hes going to pay a shop to do the trade for us with both cars.
Go for it. I was going to offer the swap out as well n/c since I work at a Chevy Dealership.
thewurzernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #22
slowman

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE|08 Civic Mugen Si
Definitely check out the Chevy SS sedan. I had a 2015 (manual) and all though it was fun, I got rid of it because it was 'too grown up' feeling. Plenty of power and comfort and performed great at a track day I took it to though. It's a badass car.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #23
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Man, I actually think this car is incredibly comfortable on the street Funny how different people can perceive something so differently.

I have nothing further to add.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #24
Vintage

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
ZXCamaro - sorry the 1LE is just not the right car for you and I hope you are able to swing a good alternative that doesn't hurt financially! The 1LE is a great car and you a great owner, just not the right match it seems. These things happen and I have done it before myself.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #25
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXCamaro View Post
Funny thing is the last 7 sports cars I have had were manual. Then I took a hiatus of almost three years before I jumped into the challenger. Then two months after that I got the daytona. I was spoiled with how awesome the A8 in those cars was. There is no manual on the planet that would be able to match the performance. And the shifter paddles were ferrari fast. But I knew how to drive manual and was ok with it from all those last cars, so I said what the hell. Looks like being spoiled with the auto really stuck on me. I didnt feel any loss of engagement to the car or loss of performance control with those autos. They allowed you to play hard and then drop the car in 8th and cruise.

I do like banging gears in the 1LE, just not at 5am on the way to work. Thats where my Daytona was MONEY! Had the heated seats and steering wheel getting me warm, while I relaxed and drank my coffee while motoring down the road with 485hp on tap. Heres my "old" car. Bottom line, I need another one. But I wont sell the camaro for it. I want both....lol

I'd love to hear more comments about your Daytona, as I am essentially considering the exact same car you had. I previously had a 12 SRT so I am familar with the power of these cars, actually this version of the 392 is even stronger. If you don't want to post the details here PM me. I have been offered one for 42k OTD which seems like a very good price.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:29 AM   #26
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Bro, sell your 1LE and buy want you really want. Changing the seats will be a huge negative. Buy the auto 2SS in hyper blue and call it a day, or better yet-if you can afford it- buy the C7 Z06 (automatic).

Honestly, you should have kept the legendary Daytona for your daily driver, and keep the 1LE as the weekend-garage-queen-fun-collector Car.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #27
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Really seems like you chose the wrong car. Swapping out the recaros might solve your seat comfort/room problem, but the 1LE is a track/backroad focused car. It isn't meant to be the most comfortable or easiest to drive daily and many people enjoy that about it. If you don't like the stiff suspension or notchy 6 speed then you may be better off trying to swap it for a 2SS 8 speed or something else.
dotfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #28
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I'd love to hear more comments about your Daytona, as I am essentially considering the exact same car you had. I previously had a 12 SRT so I am familar with the power of these cars, actually this version of the 392 is even stronger. If you don't want to post the details here PM me. I have been offered one for 42k OTD which seems like a very good price.
I'd be happy to tell more about it. In terms of the power, its a low to mid 12 second car easy. Mine had everything but the laser cruise control and auto wipers. It was a blast to drive both slow and fast. Even with the 275 wide tires on the Daytona, it was impossible to hook from a dig. But from a roll, it was a missile.

The car snapped necks too just like the 1LE does. People see it and are in awe. Its a sharp looking car no doubt. As for the handling, I did not detect much body roll at all compared to the challenger. To me it handled better. It was stiff though. No mag ride either like you get in the SRT or Hellcat. So over bumps, it hit hard.

I got mine for around what you are looking to spend. So thats right in line. Tons of cargo space as well as people space. And my kids loved the rear heated seats. If you want to know anything else, let me know.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote