Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Interior Storage Solutions

I have seen posts about the stick-on mini cargo nets people are using for extra storage in their cars on the carpeted lower portion of the center console.

With that in mind, I ordered these:

Richter 444 Car Interior Side Mesh Pocket Seat Back Organizer Cargo Net Liner Smartphone Holder 21×12cm.

They arrived a few days ago. Seemed solid and well-made. They have a full/solid back panel and a rigid frame that is about 1/2 inch deep even when empty. The net material is also a rubber/polymer material, as opposed to a traditional “net.”

I added a couple of pieces of the Velcro-brand “Industrial-Strength” hook part of the hook-and-loop to the back panel (stuck it right over the top of the self-stick already on the backs) and stuck it to the carpet.

They work REALLY well. I think I could put 10-pound weight plates in these nets and they would not come off.

I’ve since Velcro’d my little change holder and Fastrak to the center console.

At least for me and my driving position, my leg doesn’t touch any of it.

Only downside for these particular nets would be because they are rigid and stick out a bit even empty. If someone else were to drive your car and move the seat forward, there would likely be a clearance issue.

Here’s the pics:
Attached Images

2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Do you think they would fit between the console and the seat?
Old 07-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #3
mmadden2

Drives: '12 LaCrosse, '14 Encore, '17 2SS
That is a creative space maker but my go-fast leg leans against that area. Maybe my jimbob is too big, but I can't comfortably sit with my legs together.

Last edited by mmadden2; 07-14-2018 at 08:48 AM.
mmadden2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Herewego: You could probably wedge them between console and seat. But I think the seat cushion would push the netting in and take away the storage space.

A narrow, rigid “box” would work better, similar in size to a kydex double mag pouch, but with one, longer opening.

Mmadden2: Ha! I’m 6’0”/220 pounds. I drive with a comfortable “manspread” and my current wife didn’t marry me for my money. (I’m retired and she still works!)

My right leg rests against the side of the console when I’m cruising, but doesn’t touch the storage net.

I know there was a thread about naming cars. Haven’t seen a thread about naming other things...
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote