Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #113
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I know.. But I have to go out of town for work.. He stated drive for 70 for an hour, then 60 for an hour.. And then 55 for an hour and keep rotating during the trip.. Last thing I need is to be broken down.
I didn't follow the book. I didn't even read the book, BUT, the simple answer to your concerns is to just drive it without the cruise on and shift regularly. Engine braking is a great way to break in your engine. Someone on here told me that GM doesn't want you above 4k rpm during break in so maybe keep that in mind. I wouldn't follow your service advisors recommendation of 70 60 50.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #114
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH. View Post
I didn't follow the book. I didn't even read the book, BUT, the simple answer to your concerns is to just drive it without the cruise on and shift regularly. Engine braking is a great way to break in your engine. Someone on here told me that GM doesn't want you above 4k rpm during break in so maybe keep that in mind. I wouldn't follow your service advisors recommendation of 70 60 50.
Yep.. That's how I break in all my cars. Keep the RPM's under 4K and drive normal. Thanks!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #115
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The supervisor is an idiot. Cylinder pressure is needed to seat the rings optimally. You won't do that cruising. Go full throttle to 4500 RPMs and let it engine brake back down many times early on.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #116
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
The supervisor is an idiot. Cylinder pressure is needed to seat the rings optimally. You won't do that cruising. Go full throttle to 4500 RPMs and let it engine brake back down many times early on.
This is a pretty good thread on engine break in

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427474
Old 07-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #117
sonnydurden

**** Update Car is Back ****

Got my car back around 3:00 and drove it back to work and then from work to home. Feel like it did when I first bought it. Break in process all over again. Still feel like the L99 in my 2012 SS was solid as hell!! 4 years and drove it like I stole it everyday - not one issue!! This LT1 was babied for 3000 miles and complete engine failure.. So go figure!!
Old 07-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #118
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Hopefully it was just a bad part, and your new engine will be solid for you.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #119
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Glad to hear it. I still don't have mine. Saw it Monday, and while the paint spot was fixed, body shop caused additional paint issues. They called me today at 1215 and said they had just gotten it back from the body shop, initial inspections looked good and I could come in later in the afternoon. They called back at 1245 and said not to worry about it and they were sending it back again.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #120
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
Glad to hear it. I still don't have mine. Saw it Monday, and while the paint spot was fixed, body shop caused additional paint issues. They called me today at 1215 and said they had just gotten it back from the body shop, initial inspections looked good and I could come in later in the afternoon. They called back at 1245 and said not to worry about it and they were sending it back again.
Man I'm so sorry to hear... I know this is so frustrating!!! Can they use a different body shop?
Old 07-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #121
Algeron

Quote:
Man I'm so sorry to hear... I know this is so frustrating!!! Can they use a different body shop?
This is the dealer's body shop. I will be making a few calls in the morning.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:44 AM   #122
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
This is the dealer's body shop. I will be making a few calls in the morning.
Yes call Chevrolet customer service and start a case. Once I did that I was assigned my own customer care rep. She was basically an advocate on my behalf. She keep the dealer on their toes and got me the upgraded loaner. She is working on something for my inconvenience as well. She recognized that I am a valued Chevrolet customer with repeat purchases through the years. They take that seriously. Before calling Chevrolet, I kid you not the dealer was straight up ignoring me!!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:55 AM   #123
Algeron

Quote:
Yes call Chevrolet customer service and start a case. Once I did that I was assigned my own customer care rep. She was basically an advocate on my behalf. She keep the dealer on their toes and got me the upgraded loaner. She is working on something for my inconvenience as well. She recognized that I am a valued Chevrolet customer with repeat purchases through the years. They take that seriously. Before calling Chevrolet, I kid you not the dealer was straight up ignoring me!!
As this is the same service department I have been using, I am not being ignored. They also know how picky I am on my car, and I will let them know if anything is not correct from drop off. On my 2011, they had to replace the calipers twice because some cleaned the wheels with a chemical that turned them white. The issue is with the quality of the body shop work. Especially considering that they keep sending it back knowing that I will not accept it before I even look at it.

I have already spoken to Chevrolet, and I have been assigned a case number and rep. I planned on calling and giving them the update from yesterday.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #124
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Quote:
......She is working on something for my inconvenience as well........
Please keep us posted on what they offer you.
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #125
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
Please keep us posted on what they offer you.
PM'd you!!!