Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #29
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Oy vey! Guess I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow....again.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #30
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles0303 View Post
Yeah they are supposed to
not all dealers do. found out from my dealer that they don't offer loaners anymore. if needed, they will hook you up with a rental company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Oy vey! Guess I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow....again.
ask if the consecutive visits qualify you for some credit for some accessories. its worth a shot.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #31
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles0303 View Post
They got in big trouble for putting faulty springs in the ignition of the 5th gen and then they knowingly install faulty parts on the 6th gen.......crazy
Tell me more about these "faulty springs" in the ignition of the 5th gens... You must be talking about the Ignition Key recall.

#14294B: Product Safety - Ignition Key - (Aug 19, 2014)
Subject: 14294B – Ignition Key
Models: 2010-2014 Chevrolet Camaro

Condition
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in all 2010-2014 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles. There is a risk, under certain conditions, that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key away from the “run” position. If this occurs, engine power, and power braking will be affected and power steering may be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. The timing of the key movement out of the “run” position, relative to the activation of the sensing algorithm of the crash event, may result in the airbags not deploying, increasing the potential for occupant injury in certain kinds of crashes.

Until the recall has been performed, it is very important that drivers adjust their seat and steering column to allow clearance between their knee and the ignition key.

Correction
Dealers are to remove the key blade from the original flip key/RKE transmitter assemblies provided with the vehicle, and provide two new keys and two key rings per key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #32
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
Tell me more about these "faulty springs" in the ignition of the 5th gens... You must be talking about the Ignition Key recall.

Condition
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in all 2010-2014 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles. There is a risk, under certain conditions, that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key away from the “run” position. If this occurs, engine power, and power braking will be affected and power steering may be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. The timing of the key movement out of the “run” position, relative to the activation of the sensing algorithm of the crash event, may result in the airbags not deploying, increasing the potential for occupant injury in certain kinds of crashes.

Until the recall has been performed, it is very important that drivers adjust their seat and steering column to allow clearance between their knee and the ignition key.

Correction
Dealers are to remove the key blade from the original flip key/RKE transmitter assemblies provided with the vehicle, and provide two new keys and two key rings per key.
freakin tall people... no wonder I didn't get that cool swith blade key with mine on my 2014.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #33
BadBillyJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
freakin tall people... no wonder I didn't get that cool swith blade key with mine on my 2014.
Cool thing is that GM now offers a little insert for the transmitters for appearance purposes. Apparently there was quite a few people that didn't like the "feel" or appearance of the transmitter after the key blade was removed.

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...91/4091587.gif

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...91/4091586.gif

part #23345002

pretty cool afterthought of them, easy to install to.

Quote:
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #34
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
As a FYI, this isn't as wide spread as you may think. They highlight two Julian dates in the release. As 2015 wasn't a leap year the Julian dates align to the below production dates.

303 15 = October 30th
340 15 = December 6th

Wonder if these Julian links apply to Production weeks instead of days?

Last edited by Sledgehammer70; 05-16-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #35
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Cool thing is that GM now offers a little insert for the transmitters for appearance purposes. Apparently there was quite a few people that didn't like the "feel" or appearance of the transmitter after the key blade was removed.

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...91/4091587.gif

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...91/4091586.gif

part #23345002

pretty cool afterthought of them, easy to install to.
I'm one of those that wasn't happy with how it looked without the key. oh well, that's all in the past for me I love how the key is now cleanly tucked into the transmitter.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #36
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I am tall person and have no idea how people were able to knocks those keys out. I refused the update 100 times. Now they ask my Dad every time he stops in as he now owns my old car.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #37
Dcsimpkins

Drives: 2016 RS Summit White Black Stripe
[QUOTE=97one;9096256]Ok, V6 included then, not just V8's.
What date was your car built ?
Thanks

[/QUOTE

The door sticker said December 15, 2015. Both rear toe links matched the recall and were replaced. The bushings were visually cracked when removed.
Dcsimpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #38
BadBillyJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I am tall person and have no idea how people were able to knocks those keys out. I refused the update 100 times. Now they ask my Dad every time he stops in as he now owns my old car.
Pretty sure the deal with it was the fact that the transmitter would break allowing the key to move freely. If you started the car with the key turned a certain way the transmitter would then point down due to the weight of the other keys on it making it easy to accidentally hit them with your knee, or hitting a bump would cause the car to turn back to the accessory mode. That's how I interpreted it. I've also seen a bunch of broken transmitters that people refuse to replace. Basically the same one on the Equinox, Malibu, and Cruze.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #39
Dcsimpkins

My car didn't show a recall online eithier I didn't know there was one on the toe links until my dealer told me at my first oil change
Old 05-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #40
BadBillyJack

Maybe because it isn't a recall. It's a service update.

"there have been no failures in the field"

Until that happens it will most likely stay as a service update and not a recall.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #41
Dcsimpkins

My paperwork from the work they did showed as a recall and they knew my car required it before they even looked at it. That's why dealer got my parts in before my appt.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #42
Riles0303

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:

Condition

Correction
I read the congressional investigation report that stated a faulty spring....which should prevent the ignition from being turned off with a slight bump....was installed and instead of replacing all of the ignitions.....they chose to change the key design. The spring should have kept the ignition on unless pushed inward.

General Motors ignition switch recalls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene...switch_recalls
Riles0303 is offline   Reply With Quote