Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #127
Raybreiding

Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS2
Toe links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Can the cracks be spotted with the car on the ground, if I stick my head under the back somewhere?
Mine were hard to see with the link off the car and an led light.
Raybreiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #128
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
Brought mine in today because I had one of the Julian codes in question. No cracks.

Interesting enough, the paperwork says "RECALL 28380, TOE LINKS CRACKING".
Old 10-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #129
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Mine is in the shop now for erratic shifting when cold, rear end noise when cold and an oil change. When I got it there the service advisory informed me that there was a rear suspension recall for my car. Hope this all get s squared away quickly.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #130
kmdpix

Drives: 2016 2LT RS, M6, Nightfall Gray
Took mine in for the 2026170 WATER INTRUSION TO FAN MODULE recall and they automatically checked the TOE LINKS...yep, they found the rear suspension toe links are cracked. :(

Now if I can just get them to experience the rear end noise that I am pretty sure is because of the rear end fluid problems then I will be all good...but so far they keep saying "can't duplicate" so they won't do anything about it.

Previous:
2010 LT, Manual 6 Speed, Summit White, Black Rally Stripes, Black Bowties, Black Gills
kmdpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #131
TwistedLT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, MT6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
Not a recall at this moment. It's a service update.

#28380: Service Update - Rear Suspension Toe Link Cracking - (May 10, 2016)

This service update included vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason. This bulletin will expire at the end of the involved vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty period.

Condition- This bulletin provides a service procedure to inspect for two Julian dates, inspect for cracks and replace if needed the rear toe links on certain 2016 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles. These vehicles may have been built with rear suspension toe links that have small cracks in the area of the pressed-in end bushings or cross axis ball joints. The cracks were formed during the manufacturing process of the toe links, and there have been no failures in the field.

Correction- Dealers are to inspect vehicle toe links with 2 specific Julian dates of manufacture. Inspect the toe links for cracks. Replace the bolts with new bolts when any toe links are removed from the vehicle. Replace any cracked toe links that are found. Re-align any vehicles which require the toe link to be replaced. Re-use the original washer and nut fasteners.

Locate the Julian date code stamping on the forward face of the toe link stamping. This will be a three digit number followed by a space and “15”.
◦If the date code is 303 15 or 340 15, the part requires inspection. Proceed to the inspecting the toe link section below.
◦If a code other than 303 or 340 is present, that part does not require inspection. No further action is required.

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...09/4509400.gif

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...09/4509403.gif

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...09/4509406.gif

Were these pictures attached to the bulletin or your own? Curious because on inspecting myself it looks as if mine are cracked slightly, though the dates do not match. I had asked for a dealership to check them for me,along with other concerns, and have a feeling they only looked at the date and not the actual part. Or skipped it entirely. I say that cause they said they checked my wheels and tires and claimed they were fine. I then went to a local tire shop who tested each and found 2 bent rims... my trust in Dealerships and GM is gone needless to say.
TwistedLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #132
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
My question is, I have the codes listed in the service update. I had them inspected months back. Is this something that should be re-inspected periodically to check if any cracks developed?
Old 02-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #133
VelvetHammer

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
My question is, I have the codes listed in the service update. I had them inspected months back. Is this something that should be re-inspected periodically to check if any cracks developed?
You should not need to periodically have them inspected. The problem was manufacturing, not fatigue from use. They either cracked when the bushing was pressed in or they didn't, and if they didn't they supposedly won't. Mine were checked today and given a clean bill of health (I was with the tech when it was checked).
Gone but not forgotten:
1978 Dark Blue-Green Z28 w/1970 LT1 power
1978 Bright Blue Z28
1976 Light Blue RS
1973 Green-Gold LT
VelvetHammer is offline   Reply With Quote