Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-30-2022, 12:39 PM   #15
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
If you manually set the steering mode in the settings, but put the car in a PTM mode it will ignore your static setting you set in the settings and go with the default steering setting for the PTM mode.

This gets me all the time. I usually have my steering set to tour no matter what im in, until I get into the finite PTM modes under track. Then the steering gets heavy again. But it will go back to normal when you exit PTM and go back to the normal modes by the button.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:41 PM   #16
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamZL1 View Post
sport is most aggressive throttle mapping btw
Negative. Track is. Sport and tour are the same and both less aggressive. Track is the most aggressive.
Attached Images

SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 02:20 PM   #17
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Seems like I'm the only person who always prefers the heavier steering feel in Track. I set my car to track every time I drive it. Only switch to Touring to save gas when I'm cruising on freeway to the track or canyons--also the only time I waste ZLE miles on the freeway.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:12 PM   #18
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Why are you posing as a legit ZLE?
Ha! Actually, I forgot all about it. I was prematurely setting up my ride for a vehicle that was ordered and never did arrive. I've changed it.

Not sure what to do about my handle. CRUSHED ZLE was from my 2019 1LE that I sold. Don't know if I can change my user name? Perhaps I'll just create a new one.

I still have 3 2023 ZL1 1LE Orders waiting to be allocated. Probably never see them. Got tired of waiting and made my own! (it's exact in every respect other than the MultiMatics. To be honest, having the MAG ride and being able to program it via the DSC controller is best of both worlds.

First track day is in a couple of weeks. We will see how the times compare to my old 2019 ZLE.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:28 AM   #19
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
Ha! Actually, I forgot all about it. I was prematurely setting up my ride for a vehicle that was ordered and never did arrive. I've changed it.

Not sure what to do about my handle. CRUSHED ZLE was from my 2019 1LE that I sold. Don't know if I can change my user name? Perhaps I'll just create a new one.

I still have 3 2023 ZL1 1LE Orders waiting to be allocated. Probably never see them. Got tired of waiting and made my own! (it's exact in every respect other than the MultiMatics. To be honest, having the MAG ride and being able to program it via the DSC controller is best of both worlds.

First track day is in a couple of weeks. We will see how the times compare to my old 2019 ZLE.
All good more a question that probably should have been worded differently. I sent you a couple ads for ZLE for sale as that was what you were looking for, that white one on the island is still up for sale?
The ZLE will not be any faster unless your a very good driver, I go out with a group of GT3,s and the difference in lap times on those cars from the better drivers are staggering better. When I’m out with other Camaros same thing I’m not a 10 10,s driver however you will definitely feel the difference in the accuracy and ability the DSSV provide. I’ve driven both ZL1 and ZLE the super car 3,s are a huge difference on there own but with the Multimatic it’s magic compared to Mag ride.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #20
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
If you manually set the steering mode in the settings, but put the car in a PTM mode it will ignore your static setting you set in the settings and go with the default steering setting for the PTM mode.

This gets me all the time. I usually have my steering set to tour no matter what im in, until I get into the finite PTM modes under track. Then the steering gets heavy again. But it will go back to normal when you exit PTM and go back to the normal modes by the button.
I can confirm that if you put the car into PTM, it will go to whatever setting you have set in the drive mode section on the infotainment screen. So it's set to auto then it will default to track mode settings since the PTM is only accessible in track mode.

I was driving down the road today, put the car into PTM race. I was able to change the steering input and suspension input to whatever I selected while the car stayed in PTM race.

I could feel the suspension change (thanks to a bumpy road) and how the steering felt when changing in between each setting.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #21
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Negative. Track is. Sport and tour are the same and both less aggressive. Track is the most aggressive.

Incorrect.

Tour/Sport is the most aggressive on the throttle.

This topic has been covered many, many times. The Sport throttle mapping is the most reactive relative to throttle position.

Due almost entirely to feedback from Randy Pobst, GM re-mapped the Track throttle to something much more linear. Randy said the original Track mapping was way too much like an on/off switch and very hard to modulate.

Suspension, Steering and Exhaust can be set to user preference and are independent of PTM Mode selected. 1LEs in my region often set PTM to Race, steering to Tour for AutoX. They want the fast response of tour steering, but race for PTM and Throttle.

Sport kept the abrupt feel for Drag and light to light racing.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=13

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:12 PM   #22
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I can confirm that if you put the car into PTM, it will go to whatever setting you have set in the drive mode section on the infotainment screen. So it's set to auto then it will default to track mode settings since the PTM is only accessible in track mode.

I was driving down the road today, put the car into PTM race. I was able to change the steering input and suspension input to whatever I selected while the car stayed in PTM race.

I could feel the suspension change (thanks to a bumpy road) and how the steering felt when changing in between each setting.
Mmmm? So what your saying is that once PTM is activated, you can go back into the screen settings and then select a different steering setting? I haven't tried that yet. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:57 PM   #23
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
Mmmm? So what your saying is that once PTM is activated, you can go back into the screen settings and then select a different steering setting? I haven't tried that yet. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Exactly. You can also change the exhaust settings but we all know you should be in track mode when you're on the track.

I think people forget that they have the settings set to auto and figure that PTM overrides their selection.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:34 PM   #24
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
some of the information in this thread is ridiculous...
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:49 AM   #25
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
Which? I'd like to know.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #26
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
Agree!

GM realized they made easy, hard. The C8 and Blackwing go a long ways towards making Drive Modes and PTM modes much clearer and easier to Navigate.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #27
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Agree!

GM realized they made easy, hard. The C8 and Blackwing go a long ways towards making Drive Modes and PTM modes much clearer and easier to Navigate.
Changing the settings not the same as the ZL1? Do you still have to go into the settings then drive mode to change suspension, exhaust and steering?
Old 07-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #28
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
the default in the infotainment screen sets the steering effort and exhaust no matter which PTM is selected. PTM has nothing to do with it. the mode selector or the selection on that screen is all that matters. throttle mapping is most aggressive in track definitely not tour/sport. the only reason the steering effort could change in a PTM mode is because you first have to select "track".
However, if you have the the steering effort selected in the infotainment screen it will not change from that. it is the same in this 2021 ZLE and my previous 2017 ZL1.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote