Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 03-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
jonnyblaze81

Drives: Chevy ZL1 1LE
Exclamation ZL1 1LE Front end clunking sound

Whats up fellas/ladies, about a month ago I noticed a clunking sound, like something is shifting in the front end when I would accelerate/decelarate. Its very hard to tell because it feels as if it can be a suspension issue or the motor shifting almost like a broken motor mount. Ive read of the possible loose sway bar tie down nuts, checked them out and were nice and tight. I also read another member having an issue with loose control arm nuts, checked them out and also nice and tight. I made an appointment at the dealer but had to wait about 3 weeks for the first appointment.
While waiting for my appointment to come up, there was a few days that the temps dropped into the 20s here in NY, and I noticed that the clunking/shifting stopped when I was on my way to work in the morning, which was weird. later in the afternoon the temps warmed up a lot by the time I was heading back home and I noticed that the clunking came back and got louder the longer i drove. Same thing happened the next couple of days and i noticed it definitely gets worse the more the engine bay heats up.
So fast forward to now, and the car is finally in the dealers and they are telling me is the front shocks gone bad. They are sending a GM engineer to check it out before they replace them.

Anyone have had similar issues with the DSSV going bad, btw i have 17k miles on the odometer ?
jonnyblaze81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
are you kidding me....now I'm scared to drop in lowering springs on my ZL....
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:50 AM   #3
jonnyblaze81

Drives: Chevy ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner2muscle View Post
are you kidding me....now I'm scared to drop in lowering springs on my ZL....
I personally don't believe is the shocks, because i can feel it when the car shift forward and back more than bounce up and down. Its weird, but something is definitely rocking in the engine bay
jonnyblaze81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:51 PM   #4
LSA

Drives: Fast
Did you ever figure it out?
LSA is offline   Reply With Quote