Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-13-2020, 01:49 AM   #43
s3rics213

Drives: 2019 1LE/ss 2014 ss/rs summit white
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Seems that you misunderstand what dyno correction factor is. By using the SAE correction, the software compares the atmospheric conditions on the dyno sensor to a certain baseline and makes a factor (the 1.05, 1.15, whatever that I was talking about) to try adjusting to the baseline conditions. Example, if the run was done at low altitude on a good day it might come up with something like a 0.97 correction. Then doing a run at high altitude might see a correction more like 1.20. The software multiples the actual measured hp by this factor and the resulting number is your corrected hp. This multiplication is done with any correction factor, does not matter if the actual numerical factor used is printed on the sheet or not.
I’m understanding what you are saying. Yes I live in nm but to assuming I’m high elevation for where I ran the car and weather and to say my numbers aren’t correct is completely different. I just only showed the one sheet. But my guy doesn’t show that cause most ppl don’t look for it. But on the particular day I did get those numbers I was in the low 1k area for da also. On a previous day before doing my fuel upgrades the car put down 620 and I couldn’t even go over 6k cause I ran out of fuel. The car is faster then zl1 so to assume my numbers are to high is something else. I work with plenty of guys that have zl1 that have different power levels but still now have been able to beat me. I also go back and forth to Florida so I’ll get some runs down there to be able to compare. Boosted cars in higher elevation though from experience perform better then at sea level compared to na of similar power ranges. Still have more to do with the car and to see where it takes me. I don’t have the correction factor right this second but I can get it if neeeded which for me isn’t. Dyno numbers don’t really prove how a car performs anyways.
Working on tuning the port system for full e.

With questions just message me here for a faster response. https://www.facebook.com/eric.willia...ibextid=LQQJ4d
s3rics213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:33 AM   #44
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3rics213 View Post
I’m understanding what you are saying. Yes I live in nm but to assuming I’m high elevation for where I ran the car and weather and to say my numbers aren’t correct is completely different. I just only showed the one sheet. But my guy doesn’t show that cause most ppl don’t look for it. But on the particular day I did get those numbers I was in the low 1k area for da also. On a previous day before doing my fuel upgrades the car put down 620 and I couldn’t even go over 6k cause I ran out of fuel. The car is faster then zl1 so to assume my numbers are to high is something else. I work with plenty of guys that have zl1 that have different power levels but still now have been able to beat me. I also go back and forth to Florida so I’ll get some runs down there to be able to compare. Boosted cars in higher elevation though from experience perform better then at sea level compared to na of similar power ranges. Still have more to do with the car and to see where it takes me. I don’t have the correction factor right this second but I can get it if neeeded which for me isn’t. Dyno numbers don’t really prove how a car performs anyways.
Who, hold on. Your location shows NM so I asked, trying to put your claim into the proper perspective. We see people who dyno at over 4k, 5k, 6k ASL and it makes a big difference. Since you say that you run at both high altitudes and low altitudes then you should understand that. That sheet btw shows that your corrected hp looks in the 720s, then it was falling off, then those crazy spikes gave that 770 number, peak number was definitely not real. You say the test was done at a DA in the lower 1ks, so in that case, the correction was probably not all that large on that day.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote