Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytuinals View Post
If all the Camaros have the same mileage (19,20 and 21}at Tradin
You should get More with the 2021 SS
I buy a New Car every 3 years and would hope I know what I am talking aboutssss......JT
Yes, you're right. Your opinion trumps my facts.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:54 PM   #16
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Dealerships are generally NOT doing locates / swaps right now, at least in the states. With so many states having different guidelines about how people from out of state are accommodated, it's difficult to do. And, the reality is that it's an expense they just don't need right now plus the runners don't want to do it.

Yes, big ticket items have multiple hits to the credit report and it is expected to occur that way. The problem is when something happens as did to the OP. The dealership ran his credit and his credit report takes a minor hit (as long as there aren't a lot of other hard inquiries on there as well). Then no sale.

He returns to a dealership a month later, ready to do a deal. Those previous inquiries are still there and have no corresponding loan. The impact to the score is present and banks are getting more stringent about lending. A borrower can seldom "explain away" something like that to a larger bank. The only time that a conversation will overcome it is typically when the finance manager of a dealership is willing to explain it away to a local bank...

No one gets my information to run credit until I'm ready to sign. That's just how it goes for me.
A credit application is good for 30 days, so there would be no need for another inquiry. As I mentioned, when a customer has great credit, has always had great credit, there is never a problem getting the best rates and terms. A few inquiries isn't going to effect that when buying a car. Now, if the credit was marginal or poor, then, yes, there might be an issue, but again, the credit profile is the tell all to the bank.

As far as dealer locates, yes, it is more difficult for us now, especially on higher trim vehicles, but it's still being done.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:04 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
A credit application is good for 30 days, so there would be no need for another inquiry. As I mentioned, when a customer has great credit, has always had great credit, there is never a problem getting the best rates and terms. A few inquiries isn't going to effect that when buying a car. Now, if the credit was marginal or poor, then, yes, there might be an issue, but again, the credit profile is the tell all to the bank.

As far as dealer locates, yes, it is more difficult for us now, especially on higher trim vehicles, but it's still being done.
But it's only good at the same place that did the original inquiry. If he goes to a new dealer (because this one seems shady), then it has to be run again. I closely monitor my credit score and credit report and always see an increase when the hard inquiries drop off (although not a lot as my score is good in its own right).

Dealers in my areas are NOT doing locates because of the shutdowns and restrictions. And lack of inventory to begin with. And losing out on the back-end cash for what they trade away (well, not losing, but significantly delaying). They'd rather sell it themselves. Digital sales has NEVER been a strength for car dealerships and the current situation is finally forcing them to re-evaluate their approach (or be stuck with miserable sales).
Old 07-20-2020, 08:02 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
But it's only good at the same place that did the original inquiry. If he goes to a new dealer (because this one seems shady), then it has to be run again. I closely monitor my credit score and credit report and always see an increase when the hard inquiries drop off (although not a lot as my score is good in its own right).

Dealers in my areas are NOT doing locates because of the shutdowns and restrictions. And lack of inventory to begin with. And losing out on the back-end cash for what they trade away (well, not losing, but significantly delaying). They'd rather sell it themselves. Digital sales has NEVER been a strength for car dealerships and the current situation is finally forcing them to re-evaluate their approach (or be stuck with miserable sales).
True, if the OP went to another dealer and found what he wanted, they would have to do another credit app. But again, it's a big ticket item and multiple apps are normal.

Now, market areas are different. Being in one of the largest automotive markets on the planet, dealer trades are still happening here, but yeah, you're area may be different. Then keep in mind the OP is in Canada, which might be an entirely different ballgame. Right now, we are getting internet prospects from all over the country because inventory in their market is so bad, and not even on unicorns, just regular stuff.

I don't know so much that his dealer is shady, I've seen it before as well, where the commitment is made to a locate car, and at the last second, it no longer is available. If a car is in inventory, it is for sale. Perhaps the dealer sold it to their customer while the OP was negotiating for it. It's common practice that a dealer is not going to secure a trade until they have a contract on that car.

If the OP wants a specific car, color, trim, options, and nothing else will do, then ordering the car is the way to go. The order books should be opening very soon for 2021.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:05 AM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
True, if the OP went to another dealer and found what he wanted, they would have to do another credit app. But again, it's a big ticket item and multiple apps are normal.

Now, market areas are different. Being in one of the largest automotive markets on the planet, dealer trades are still happening here, but yeah, you're area may be different. Then keep in mind the OP is in Canada, which might be an entirely different ballgame. Right now, we are getting internet prospects from all over the country because inventory in their market is so bad, and not even on unicorns, just regular stuff.

I don't know so much that his dealer is shady, I've seen it before as well, where the commitment is made to a locate car, and at the last second, it no longer is available. If a car is in inventory, it is for sale. Perhaps the dealer sold it to their customer while the OP was negotiating for it. It's common practice that a dealer is not going to secure a trade until they have a contract on that car.

If the OP wants a specific car, color, trim, options, and nothing else will do, then ordering the car is the way to go. The order books should be opening very soon for 2021.
Yes, I've had cars disappear from my reach as well. But I've never had them run credit prior to securing the swap. It's hard to know for sure exactly what has happened or is happening for sure, and I've walked away from deals where dealers were trying to convince me that things were going one way while I knew they were going another.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #20
johnnytuinals

Drives: 2016 Dodge Challenger Shaker
I see a Dark Green SS thats about 3 hours aways.
I am sure they will deliver it to my local Chevy dealer if I decide too buy it.
Went to a Local dodge Dealer to see what deals are on Scatpacks with shaker hoods.
KBB from my homework says my car is worth $26500 Excellent condition(My car never leaves the garage in the snow and has 20,000 miles on it}
But if it was in Good Condition the car is $25,500.
Dodge offered me $24,000
We will see what Chevy dealer will give me tomorrow on a 2020 2SS.
Dealers look to screw yea on tradins.............JT
johnnytuinals is offline   Reply With Quote