Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
1ssa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1ss A8
Need help on selling car (Asking price)

Hey guys, I’m planning on selling my 6th gen Camaro SS. It’s a 2017 1ss with 11,780 miles clean title no accidents. It currently has speed engineering 1 7/8 headers with off road x pipe, flex fuel kit tuned on e85 and 91, and GM performance intake. It’s in excellent mechanical condition and the exterior and interior are in 9/10 condition. Considering that some salvage ones with 44-50k miles are for $20-25k in my area, how much should I list mine for (estimate). Thank you.

If anyone’s wondering, looking to upgrade to a ZLE
1ssa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
1ssa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1ss A8
I have all stock parts as well
1ssa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:39 AM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
For what it's worth, I was about to pick up a clean used 2017 1ss with under 7000 miles for under $25,0000 and that was a dealership. I'd sell the mods separately, although tasteful, it will only hurt your sales price In my opinion. Good luck with the sale.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:33 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
For what it's worth, I was about to pick up a clean used 2017 1ss with under 7000 miles for under $25,0000 and that was a dealership. I'd sell the mods separately, although tasteful, it will only hurt your sales price In my opinion. Good luck with the sale.
I am in this camp as well...

Any time I have wanted to look at a used car, snowmobile, motorcycle, whatever... I wanted it stock. Period.

Aftermarket mods are often a very personal taste sort of thing and finding another person with your exact taste is much harder than finding someone that would want the car stock.

Additionally, I have always found that mods / accessories will almost never actually increase the price you get when selling/trading (sometimes they will reduce the price, depending on the item in question). The only benefit that mods typically bring to a sale are to differentiate your car over another one that would be similarly priced (people don't want to pay more for yours, they want to get more for the same price).

Also, in some cases, I personally consider certain mods as a Red Flag to indicate that the vehicle was ridden / driven "hard" and would steer clear.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:59 AM   #5
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Agreed with the other posts... If you can, put it back to stock and sell the mods separately.
When I was looking for my Camaro this spring it was the same deal. I wanted a stock car. I don't want someone elses vision or likes.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:08 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
As far as landing on an asking price for your car, that's more of an art than a science. Gather up what data you can about who's selling very similar or identical cars. Try and get same mileage, same trim, and same options.

Dealers will probably be about 8-12% higher than a private party. LOTS of photos in the listing... And you aren't trying to win a photo contest, so be functional in the photos you post. Be honest about defects and do your best to capture them in the photos and point them out. If I were to show up to look at your car and found a blemish in the paint, no matter how small, I would immediately look to see if you posted any photos that could have shown that spot. If you didn't, I would immediately wonder what else you were hiding.

Know your product and it's true value. At some point, someone is going to want to negotiate. If you can articulate why your car's value is higher than they feel, it puts them in the position to come up with evidence that you are wrong. My car, for example, is most likely the only one of its kind for quite a distance. Color and option combo is pretty unique and really, really close to what I was shooting for when I bought it. I could provide that data to potential buyers when they try to lowball. "If you can find this car at a better price, I genuinely encourage you to buy it. I searched for a quite a while to find this car because the its combo of colors and features is not common."

I sold a Toyota Tacoma to a guy that drove 3 hours to look at it. When asked if the price was negotiable, I cited a few details and then gently stated, "I believe that I have priced it fairly after doing my research. And I have to believe you feel exactly the same way or you wouldn't have committed three hours of driving each way just to look at it." Sold.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:24 AM   #7
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Depending on how quick you want to sell it. Bottom end of kbb private party will sell quick top end will take a long time.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #8
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Don't overlook that fact that you're selling to a narrow market with those mods and having the OE parts means little when the 5/60 powertrain warranty has been voided with the tune. You're selling price should take a severe hit with a void warranty that would otherwise still be in force.
Not trying to hit you with a low blow but those things matter in who's willing to buy it and the post sale implications with what the common or lay person is going to presume to be an intact warranty.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:40 AM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree with closs that you will be better off letting it go cheaper but if you are willing to wait longer then the right person that is looking for a modded Camaro comes along to buy yours might be a better option for you. I commend you that you want to upgrade to a ZLE which is the ultimate track Camaro out there now!��
Old 06-23-2020, 06:46 AM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
And VinnAy is right that even if you put the OEM parts back on the car the warranty is still void because it was tuned and had those aftermarket performance parts installed so it might be better to sell the car as it sits now and wait for the right buyer to come along.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:08 AM   #11
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
What is learned here is this. If you plan on selling your car in 2-4 years, make no mods, you will get less. If you are going to keep it past the warranty, have at it with the mods.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:19 AM   #12
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
What is learned here is this. If you plan on selling your car in 2-4 years, make no mods, you will get less. If you are going to keep it past the warranty, have at it with the mods.
The only people that will see value would be the prospect that is looking for a foundation for their own build. Anyone else is going to see a car without warranty and one that has been driven hard and put away wet.

Putting it back to stock isn't really the best options either. As said it still doesn't have warranty. Even if you did this, hopefully A) you have the stock tune to reload and B) you would disclose these facts to the potential buyer.

I know I would be rather upset if I bought a car, assuming I had warranty, and find that I didn't when I needed it.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #13
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Man, what a wild ride!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #14
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Don't overlook that fact that you're selling to a narrow market with those mods and having the OE parts means little when the 5/60 powertrain warranty has been voided with the tune. You're selling price should take a severe hit with a void warranty that would otherwise still be in force.
Not trying to hit you with a low blow but those things matter in who's willing to buy it and the post sale implications with what the common or lay person is going to presume to be an intact warranty.
Agreed. My loaded M6 2016 SS was one of the first Gen 6 bolton cars. It listed at almost $46K. I sold it @ just over 2 years old with 15K miles in almost perfect condition. I got $29,500 for it and I had to include all my wheels and all stock parts. The buyer was thrilled to get it. But he wanted it for Tracking, so the mods (done by the best) were fine with him. I sold it in 2 days.

I sold that car to buy an A10 ZL1. But after owning it for a while I got bored with the auto. I wish I never sold that SS. Until it was gone I did not know that was my perfect car. And it was almost as fast as the stock ZL1 and being 200 pounds lighter more fun in the twisties. And you had to be super careful coming out of corners in the ZL1. On a race track though it is in its element.

So I sold my ZL1 and replaced it with a loaded M6 LT1. And with my previous SS experience I will not add LTs as they ruin the great stock sound which somehow is even better in the LT1. Was that magic GM?

Also OP I would not buy a ZL1 1LE unless you will track it often. The base ZL1 is a better all around fun car and is a great all day cruiser. Used ones are super cheap. I lived that. :(