Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #15
motorheadkev

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT-217CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Doubt it... The only hope is that the 1LE v6 car get's a more aggressive gear ratio that you could swap into the manual trans cars, but I haven't done any research on it. I believe for the manual transmission cars an SS diff swap may be a bolt in affair which would give you 3.73 gears, but the auto guys have very little options.
will the 3.73 SS rear work on the v-6 MN6 car? is it somehow tied into the computer? not that i can believe that would be possible.
motorheadkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #16
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydtron View Post
My ATS 3.6 has a 3.27 LSD with the 6-speed automatic - the 2016+ ATS 3.6's still has the 3.27 rear end even with the 8L45, and the Premium Performance trim gets the LSD. The parts are there, I wonder if the electronics would play nice though.

The differential on the ats is different than the one in the camaro. It's possible it might bolt in and work, but I doubt it. They are physically different styles of differentials.

The only car that uses the same diff as the camaro (2.0/3.6 diff anyway) is the new Cadillac CT6, and unfortunately it has no LSD option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #17
Jason@JacFab

Possible diff 3.27 diff swap available for v6 automatic owners

Guys I have a 3.27 LSD diff for sale out of a 2.0 manual for anyone looking to do a swap on their a8 car. Diff, and both axles needed. Shoot me a pm

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 11-17-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #18
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Here's a thread on a diff swap on an SS:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508349

It looks like there is a fair bit of tuning work after you swap the differential.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #19
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Here's a thread on a diff swap on an SS:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508349

It looks like there is a fair bit of tuning work after you swap the differential.
I don't think it's that difficult. Obviously there are many different ways to skin a cat, but I think where he went wrong, is that it looks like he didn't start out by using the gear/tire change wizard in HP Tuners. He says he just changed the gear ratio in the final drive section (under speedo), which MAY have made the speedometer read correctly, but wouldn't have changed his shift points... If you use the gear/tire wizard, it will automatically adjust all the trans shift parameters (mph/rpm) to get you really close, if not exactly where you need to be.

I've done it several times and haven't had any kind of issues like he describes. But going from 2.77 to 3.73 is quite a jump, so maybe it needed some fine tuning?

I've swapped from a 2.92 to a 3.23 diff in my G8, used the gear/tire wizard, never had to mess with anything else, it just worked.

I've gone from a 28" tire to a 25" tire on my Camaro, used the gear/tire wizard, and it worked fine. (however, in this instance, the speedo wasn't entirely accurate, as because the tire size in the stock tune was already fudged from the factory, so I had to fudge my tire size to correct the speedometer). My shift points were fine, and going from a 28" tire to a 25" tire would be similar to swapping a 3.64-ish diff into the rear.

tuning for a diff swap really shouldn't be that hard, especially with going from something like a 2.77 to a 3.27.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #20
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
Guys I have a 3.27 LSD diff for sale out of a 2.0 manual for anyone looking to do a swap on their a8 car. Diff, and both axles needed. Shoot me a pm

Didnt you have this on your car ? What are you swapping out too our of curiously. There is the flange difference on the LSD version right ?

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #21
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Didnt you have this on your car ? What are you swapping out too our of curiously. There is the flange difference on the LSD version right ?
I still have the same stuff in my car, this is a different set I scored out of the junkyard. Figured they are hard to find so might as well get it and make it easily accessible to someone that may want to do the swap.

Yes, the pinion flange is different, but you just take your stock one off your old diff and put it on the new diff, everything else is just bolt in and go.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #22
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
I thought I would post this for anyone that dares to go above and beyond... I was seeing if perhaps there was a lower gear diff swap I could easily do on my 2.0 but I'm SOL... But for you v6 Automatic owners, I'm fairly certain that you can ditch those lame 2.77 gears and bolt in the 3.27 differential from an automatic 2.0 car.

Looking at parts diagrams and part numbers, the Auto v6 and 2.0 axles are the same part numbers, and the drive shafts are the same part numbers... This leads me to believe that the Auto 2.0 3.27 diff would be a direct swap for the v6 auto cars. And because it appears that so many of the parts are the same, I don't believe the 2.0 diff would be any weaker than the v6 diff. They are probably the same with just a different ring and pinion, and possibly the carrier.

Going from a 2.77 to the 3.27 would feel appx like an 18% torque increase on your car. that's a pretty big deal...

I know when I went from a 2.92 to 3.27 on my G8, it made it feel like a whole new car, and I gained just over a tenth in the 1/4 mile.

Food for thought and/or discussion.
Why not bolt in a V6 manual Limited slip 3.27 set up??
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:07 AM   #23
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I love the fuel mileage my 2.77's allow me to attain as my real power car is my 99 Z28 but in curiosity.. how much fuel economy should I lose by upgrading to 3.23's?
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #24
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
how much fuel economy should I lose by upgrading to 3.23's?
While I can't speak for for the Camaro, when I went from 2.92s to a 3.27 diff in my G8 GT (v8), I only lost about .5 mpg city, and maybe 1 mpg hwy.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #25
Hayden P

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE M6
Any new updates on this?? Working on planning out the under belly of my 19 V6
Hayden P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:40 AM   #26
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I did this swap in My 2016 RS. I got my rear diff and axles from a 2017 2.0T manual. those have 3.23 gears and a limited slip differential. It is a direct bolt in swap and was easily done by my local tranny shop. I used a trifecta tune to account for the differential change. I absolutely love it. I was trying to give it more low end and take some of the top end out, all it did was give it more low end. I didn't lose any top end at all. Seeing as how you really don't even go into eighth gear above a hundred You still have plenty of room to play. Off the line it's absolutely bitchin. I have a JMS throttle controller as well and turned that down a little bit once it's installed. Very hard to beat this car off the line.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #27
Hayden P

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
I did this swap in My 2016 RS. I got my rear diff and axles from a 2017 2.0T manual. those have 3.23 gears and a limited slip differential. It is a direct bolt in swap and was easily done by my local tranny shop. I used a trifecta tune to account for the differential change. I absolutely love it. I was trying to give it more low end and take some of the top end out, all it did was give it more low end. I didn't lose any top end at all. Seeing as how you really don't even go into eighth gear above a hundred You still have plenty of room to play. Off the line it's absolutely bitchin. I have a JMS throttle controller as well and turned that down a little bit once it's installed. Very hard to beat this car off the line.
Well that’s nice to hear. I’ll prolly take a look into doing that. I just bought the edelbrock supercharger so I’m excited to see about that. But I’m sure that will just make it even better. Thanks again for the answer👌🏼
Hayden P is offline   Reply With Quote