Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 08-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #29
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdaugherty View Post
I checked that myself and doesn't appear to be any rubbing. Anxious to see what GM does. Not a fan of being a test dummy
Fingers crossed for ya. Do report back pls and thx!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #30
jpdaugherty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
jpdaugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 AM   #31
jpdaugherty

Update: Dealer is inspecting all the grounds tomorrow. If that checks out, GM will send a field engineer to look the car over.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #32
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Good to hear they are taking it seriously. Keep us updated. Fingers crossed the find the culprit...
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #33
jpdaugherty

Update: the car is going on it's 3rd week at the dealer and they can't figure out what's going on.....haven't heard anything from GM except "we're sorry" from the customer service folks. Really starting to miss my S2000!
Old 09-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #34
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Update: the car is going on it's 3rd week at the dealer and they can't figure out what's going on.....haven't heard anything from GM except "we're sorry" from the customer service folks. Really starting to miss my S2000!
Lemon law.
Look into it.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #35
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Did they tell you exactly what they replaced? After it happened the second time, I'd have gone to another dealer (assuming you had that option).
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #36
jpdaugherty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Lemon law.
Look into it.
I've done a little bit of research. Says 20 days or 4 attempts. Problem is I bought it used, BUT it only got 9k miles and is obviously under warranty. Think it gets tricky if the car was not purchased new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Did they tell you exactly what they replaced? After it happened the second time, I'd have gone to another dealer (assuming you had that option).
They replaced the steering gear and torque sensor. Took back to the same dealer, GM advised them to replace those parts.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #37
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I've done a little bit of research. Says 20 days or 4 attempts. Problem is I bought it used, BUT it only got 9k miles and is obviously under warranty. Think it gets tricky if the car was not purchased new.
Yeah, I think every state has different laws. One guy did Lemon a used car, but that was California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdaugherty

They replaced the steering gear and torque sensor. Took back to the same dealer, GM advised them to replace those parts.
Stick with the one dealer so a second dealer won't have to start from scratch and go over everything that has been gone over already by dealer number one. The fact GM is involved is good as your butt should be covered, and the finger pointing and guess work is kept to a minimum.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #38
jpdaugherty

Yeah I feel like taking to a different dealer would have just add confusion. From what I understand the dealer is at a standstill, have done everything they can and are waiting on GM.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #39
torqueaddict

Quote:
Yeah I feel like taking to a different dealer would have just add confusion. From what I understand the dealer is at a standstill, have done everything they can and are waiting on GM.
Well good luck, hopefully they get it right this time. I'm not as patient as you are. I'd have been on the phone with at least 2 other dealer service managers if possible. There are more than a few people here that have had this particular issue solved the first time.

The unfortunate thing is skilled mechanics are few and far between these days. Their troubleshooting skills are so limited, that if it's not printing in a manual, they are lost. Then the guessing game starts. That the point your dealer is at right now.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:15 AM   #40
jpdaugherty

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Well good luck, hopefully they get it right this time. I'm not as patient as you are. I'd have been on the phone with at least 2 other dealer service managers if possible. There are more than a few people here that have had this particular issue solved the first time.

The unfortunate thing is skilled mechanics are few and far between these days. Their troubleshooting skills are so limited, that if it's not printing in a manual, they are lost. Then the guessing game starts. That the point your dealer is at right now.
The troubleshooting route they've taken was ordered by GM. It's not the dealers fault they can't find the issue. This isn't just a steering issue, it's electrical. If you watch the video the dash resets multiple times, like turning the key off and on, causing the power steering to quit briefly.

They've looked into what has been done for other owners with similar issues and this is different. Already replaced the steering gear and torque sensor, again, advised by GM.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #41
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
My info screen and dash do that blackout thing when I’m plugged into my iPhone using Apple CarPlay. Never lost my steering though!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #42
torqueaddict

Quote:
The troubleshooting route they've taken was ordered by GM. It's not the dealers fault they can't find the issue. This isn't just a steering issue, it's electrical. If you watch the video the dash resets multiple times, like turning the key off and on, causing the power steering to quit briefly.

They've looked into what has been done for other owners with similar issues and this is different. Already replaced the steering gear and torque sensor, again, advised by GM.
Like I said, good luck. Curious to know what they find.