Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
bigred730whp

Drives: 2010 red camaro 2ss
where to go next with my build

ok hello everyone this is my first post so i hope this isnt in the wrong area to post.
so my car is a 2010 camaro ss, mods list(its long sorry):
-ram air intake
-blackmast label heads
-aggressive cam, unsure of specs but at idle it lopes hard
-aeromotive 1000 fuel system with bigger fuel rails
-slp stainless headers with hollow cats, straight 3" back echaust
-twin disc clutch
-lingenfelter 1000hp axle shafts
-lingenfelter 9.5" built rear diff 4.10 gears (just rebuilt)
-hotchkis racing suspension
-lingenfelter carbon fiber drive shaft
-stop-tek brakes with weighted calipers
-mgw short throw shifter
-200 shot of NOS
-fully tuned
-linelock
-msd 2 step launch control
-(supposedly bored 10 over, billet pistons, billet crank according to previous owner)
may be others im forgetting but thats about it for now the car has 12k miles i just bought it like 5 months ago, i have dyno sheets from a trusted shop and they show 550whp N/A 742whp on 200 shot

looking to build more power not sure to go turbo or supercharger, looking to go fast in a straight line so turbo may be a better choice but looking for input. tranny is stock just blew the output shaft and rebuilt it added new stock components along with bronze shift pads, next is to get a billet unit but powerwise looking for some input. trying to decide between a supercharger or twins but cant decide and also wondering what power range id be in, id change the cam regardless and go bigger on injectors as well as tune, any advice is appreciated i know theres other forums discussing this but i wanted input on my specific vehicle! thank you in advance its greatly appreciated
Attached Images

bigred730whp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
So you think it's a fully built n/a (likely high compression) engine?
That is going to make loads of power real easy but require high octane fuel (E85 or racegas) to run very much boost. We have countless cars out there like yours making over 1000whp on our TT kit.

You could likely get about 700-750whp out of pump gas everyday at like 9-10psi and 1000+whp on high octane at like 18-19psi.

You already have all the right parts on there to make it launch as hard as traction will allow and then ramping up to 1000whp would run 9's if you can drive it but for sure run 145+ traps. These cars w/ manual make for street monsters that very very few cars can touch, and really a hard car to drag race m/t.

You could keep the bottle on there if you want but don't really need it anymore.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:11 AM   #3
bigred730whp

thanks for your reply agp, but yes i believe so to be making 550whp on pump gas, not sure exactly what id have to switch over to run e85 but definitely an option. i looked into the kit on your site not sure exactly what route to go though, what turbo option would be best/supporting mods needed but twins was definitely the first choice but wasnt sure what advantage id have vs a sc
Old 10-10-2017, 04:38 AM   #4
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Welcome to the Forum my friend! If you have the time to do a little research you will find there are some great builds (both turbo and SC) to review in this section. You came to the right place because to realistically go from where you are to 1000 hp it will require some forced induction

Anytime you add more air (and lots of it) then you need more fuel (both quantity and quality) so Mr. AGP is telling you right about the E85 and/or other suitable upgraded fuel. If you intend to keep the car street with occasional strip (like me) then if E-85 is available in your area, it is basically race gas for a fraction of the cost but it will require some serious fuel system upgrades to get enough fuel to support 1000 hp.

Of course you realize there is no canned answer to your opening question seeking input . It is going to eventually boil down to personal preference and whether you are doing the install or you are hiring a professional to do the job. Installing some of these forced induction systems can be a bit tricky, while others are designed to be a bolt-up install so do your home work such that you are less likely to be surprised.

Good luck, and when you decide to do your build then open a thread here so we can watch your progress!!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #5
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Most will get on here and recommend what they have. I vote turbos. AGP is tried and true. Just not flashy like other kits/top mount SCs. I went from 460whp with a cam to over 800whp with just their base kit (57/57s) and dual pump kit on e85. Only went up to 13lbs boost because stock bottom end.

57/62s or 62/65s if i were you. Especially if you really have "larger than stock" displacement. Not sure how much HP the aeromotive kit can support though. Call Kevin at AGP. He answers all of our dumb questions.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
I would try to find out exactly what crank/pistons/rods/cam is in your motor. I doubt its billet. Next id do a 15" rear rim conversion and some sticky tires
Old 10-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
bigred730whp

thanks for the relpys, i have an upgraded fuel system as it sits, it has the aermotive 1000 with 1/2" lines not sure if their suitable for e85 or not but i know that pump works good and supplys way more fuel then i currently need. i was thinking twins but i would definelty be installing myself as i went to school for automotive and was a tech and diesel tech for a while so i have everything i need im not worried about that. im just unsure of the crank and pistons because i called the shop and they do not have the recipts which is weird to me but the previous person i bought the car from ive known for a long time and i know hes put mega money into the car, when i called the shop i was told that $30k was put on in upgrades so i doubt that was all bolt-ons. but my questions are if i did go twins do i need a dual fuel pump setup. and to the 15" rim conversion will it fit with my stock caliper? i have the brembro set im pretty sure the rear is 4 piston and front is 6 piston
Old 10-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred730whp View Post
im just unsure of the crank and pistons because i called the shop and they do not have the recipts which is weird to me but the previous person i bought the car from ive known for a long time and i know hes put mega money into the car, when i called the shop i was told that $30k was put on in upgrades so i doubt that was all bolt-ons.

Throw some boost at it and find out lol.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #9
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Call Aeromotive and ask them what the flow is of that pump and if it's rated for E85. Then you just need some big E85 compatible injectors and a flex fuel sensor added to the mix.

Are the heads really MAST? They will be engraved MAST right on the fronts of them. It's possible if you got jerked around that the short block is stock is stock and cam/ top end has only been upgraded. You could pull a spark plug and look through the hole with aa bore scope at the piston tops and see if they are stock or not.

Even if it's stock short block you can still run 800whp out of it on good fuel.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred730whp View Post
thanks for the relpys, i have an upgraded fuel system as it sits, it has the aermotive 1000 with 1/2" lines not sure if their suitable for e85 or not but i know that pump works good and supplys way more fuel then i currently need. i was thinking twins but i would definelty be installing myself as i went to school for automotive and was a tech and diesel tech for a while so i have everything i need im not worried about that. im just unsure of the crank and pistons because i called the shop and they do not have the recipts which is weird to me but the previous person i bought the car from ive known for a long time and i know hes put mega money into the car, when i called the shop i was told that $30k was put on in upgrades so i doubt that was all bolt-ons. but my questions are if i did go twins do i need a dual fuel pump setup. and to the 15" rim conversion will it fit with my stock caliper? i have the brembro set im pretty sure the rear is 4 piston and front is 6 piston
Yes, twin fuel at a minimum with twins, more if you gots the cash.

No, the stock Brembos will not fit underneath a 15" conversion - look up Carlyle 15" conversion for the Camaro.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
No, the stock Brembos will not fit underneath a 15" conversion - look up Carlyle 15" conversion for the Camaro.
Drek is telling you right. I just went through this so check out my build thread in the forced induction section. I know it is a long thread with a lot of BS (mostly by me) but on page 26 of my build thread I begin looking into the 15" conversion plus I changed my wheel/tire set up too. I don't have a lot of pictures of the conversion, but think maybe there is at least one.
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:01 AM   #12
bigred730whp

Agp yes I’m 100% sure they’re mast they shiny silver and have “MAST” in big letters on the face, the also have three letters on the corner I think IAX if I’m not mistaken honestly can’t remember but I’ll look tomorrow to get a definite answer of what letters are engraved. But other then that did a bit of data logging today and found the injectors are most likely stock as they’re only set at 40lbs, and also we logged some info to try and get a base of what tune is on it and we found its timing is super high or as my buddy told me is high for a ls3, it peaked at about 27 for timining but was all over the place so not sure if I’m getting detonation or not. Not sure if I’m explaining this wrong I’m new to tuning so cut me a bit of slack lol but next is to do some data logging with pulls, possibly lower the timing and bigger injectors for e85 then it’s going away for the winter :( but I’ll be researching the best option for twins so I can have everything ordered and ready to install by spring

Last edited by bigred730whp; 10-11-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Tags
cam, power, supercharger, turbo, twins