Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
Andi

Drives: ZL1 1LE
ZL1 1LE alignment specs?

Has anybody found the OE alignment specs for the ZL1 1LE? The high performance owners manual supplement gives us a suggested track setup but leaves us in the dark as far as the street setup...

Thanks!
Cheers,
Andi
'15 Charger Hellcat
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
utsteve98

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 2017 Ford Raptor
I think street setup is whatever comes from factory, whatever that is? Ha. My assumption, go with middle setting.
utsteve98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
Andi

It's the "whatever that is" that I want to find out. I.e. OE alignment specs for the car. Camber. Toe. Etc...
'15 Charger Hellcat
Old 08-07-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
utsteve98

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 2017 Ford Raptor
I think I read on one of the chats with the Al O. or some other GM god that everything is set to "0" for street setting as it comes out of the factory. Whatever that means.
utsteve98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Andi

Here's what I was able to find for 2018. I believe the "FEA" specs in this table the street alignment specs for the ZL1 1LE. Interestingly, the "track setup" in this table is different than what is shown in the high performance supplement (also attached).

My guess is the FEA street setup in the table below is correct for the ZL1 1LE and for those that track their cars, they should follow the track setup in the supplement (-2.7 / -2.0 camber), remembering to rotate the front struts first before doing the track alignment.

Open questions:
- how much does does the camber change when rotating the front struts?
- since the rear isn't as easily adjustable, what would a good dual-purpose rear camber setting be? Perhaps -1.5?

Cheers,
Andi
Attached Images

'15 Charger Hellcat
Old 05-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
CHILIBEANZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Here's what I was able to find for 2018. I believe the "FEA" specs in this table the street alignment specs for the ZL1 1LE. Interestingly, the "track setup" in this table is different than what is shown in the high performance supplement (also attached).

My guess is the FEA street setup in the table below is correct for the ZL1 1LE and for those that track their cars, they should follow the track setup in the supplement (-2.7 / -2.0 camber), remembering to rotate the front struts first before doing the track alignment.

Open questions:
- how much does does the camber change when rotating the front struts?
- since the rear isn't as easily adjustable, what would a good dual-purpose rear camber setting be? Perhaps -1.5?

Cheers,
Andi

I had to get my left front strut assembly warrantied today and I asked for a copy of the alignment specs. It states it’s based off of the RPO FE3 suspension. This is for a 2018 ZL1 1LE. And the factory settings were off front and rear to begin with as well. -Mike
CHILIBEANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #7
Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILIBEANZ View Post
I had to get my left front strut assembly warrantied today and I asked for a copy of the alignment specs. It states it’s based off of the RPO FE3 suspension. This is for a 2018 ZL1 1LE. And the factory settings were off front and rear to begin with as well. -Mike
What was wrong with your strut?
'15 Charger Hellcat
Old 05-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #8
CHILIBEANZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
What was wrong with your strut?
The top hat bearing was binding and making a bunch of noise while turning. They couldn’t service it separately so they had to replace the entire strut. I linked a video in one of the other threads related to the end link clunking.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:17 AM   #9
CHILIBEANZ

Found it :
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...0#post10177900
Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #10
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
How much adjustment on front struts before you need to flip the top for max adjustment ?

Aiming for -2 camber @ front, -1 at the rear

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:40 AM   #11
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Reviving an older thread. Just put some Continental ECS tires on the stock wheels and had them do the alignment as well. Thoughts on the before (left photo) and after (right photo) alignment specs for a ZL1 1LE that will be mainly for street with some spirited back road driving?

They tried to get the rear camber to -0.9, but could only manage to adjust the right rear to -1.0. They said there was no more positive travel to get to -0.9. The left rear wouldnt budge at all. Wondering if this was related to the one time bolt topic for the rear. Pretty sure they didnt remove any of the suspension bolts and im hoping they didnt screw anything up by torquing the hell out of it trying to get it aligned.

They suggested i have the dealer pay for the alignment, especially since the thrust angle was so off. Not sure im going to win that fight with the dealer.
Attached Images

F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:35 AM   #12
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

To answer my own question, struts in OE postion, max out at about -1.8 degrees.

Now running flipped w -2.5 up front. Loving the extra grip.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:18 PM   #13
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
To answer my own question, struts in OE postion, max out at about -1.8 degrees.

Now running flipped w -2.5 up front. Loving the extra grip.
Yeah but there should be more positive travel correct? Are you talking front struts or rear?
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:35 PM   #14
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Travel is the same, you dont change strut, just location of upper pick up point - like camber plate, with with just single adjustment. Rest of camber gain is on the strut / clevice bracket. Even has cool threaded hole that you can use as jack so you can easily set it up.