Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #15
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
FWIW, here's what I've found...

Track mode deadens the sensitivity of the gas pedal too much for street use. I do like the steering feel but it's designed to keep you from coming out of a turn with too much gas. Best mode is Sport for daily use. Set the steering mode and exhaust to 'track' all the time if you like the way it feels but then you keep the pedal setting in the sweet spot for daily driving.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #16
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
On the SS I can feel the difference. I've yet to really bother figure out the difference between Sport and Track for throttle but I leave it on touring all the time. I got some bad roads leaving my neighborhood so it's necessary for me. On the highway I may tend to throw it in sport
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #17
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
FWIW, here's what I've found...

Track mode deadens the sensitivity of the gas pedal too much for street use. I do like the steering feel but it's designed to keep you from coming out of a turn with too much gas. Best mode is Sport for daily use. Set the steering mode and exhaust to 'track' all the time if you like the way it feels but then you keep the pedal setting in the sweet spot for daily driving.
I pulled fuse 51 also. Love the constant loudness of the exhaust that way. I've also noticed the difference in throttle response in Track mode, but it seems to be more linear that way and I seem to like it better than Sport which has a big jump/lag when I put my foot on the gas pedal to when the acceleration kicks in. Anyone else notice the same thing?

Full disclosure: I have the VTC installed.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #18
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Bump...interested to hear more experiences with drive modes, combinations of settings others have selected, and why...

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #19
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I notice tighter steering and better throttle response with the sport, so I leave it there. Of course, I like the exhaust note as well.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #20
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
So far all I’ve done is pulled fuse 51 (sounds heavenly), left in touring and pretty much prowled like a pissed-off lion on the prairie. Break-in period hasn’t featured me non it sounds so good. On mile 351 so far and I’m loving it.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #21
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
Do you have mag-ride?

With mag-ride on my 2SS, I've found a really nice daily-drive setting of mag-ride suspension in Track mode and you can use Touring or Sport for everything else. With Touring mode + Track Suspension, the steering is lightning quick and very effortless thanks to the additional electric assist. This makes freeway driving really effortless and responsive.

With mag-ride in the stiffer settings I think you could expect lower fuel economy. Reason being is that making the suspension stiffer will utilize more current to the magnetic coils used in the mag-ride shocks. This will inherently utilize more energy from the vehicle system and have an overall effect on fuel mileage since the battery management system will need to keep up. I've not tested this for exact figures, but based on my involvement with developing other vehicle components I'm fully aware that the OEMs consider current draw to be an important aspect of reducing fuel consumption. Also based on my job of developing brushless DC motors for automotive use, I can say that a magnet used in the mag-ride shocks will use a considerable amount of current. Doing a quick Google shows that some use 2.5 - 3.0 Amps each.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #22
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Sport mode because of tighter cornering, steering, mid range exhaust and lower rpm torque. Track mode to loud, too tight steering and harsher ride.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote