Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #15
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Go on a cruise for a week. While you’re on the ship, drink some colorful beverages with umbrellas stuck out the top. Hit a couple islands and try some exotic food. When you get back a week later, put the throttle all the way down.

Sometimes, being in the car everyday makes us forget how awesome and powerful they are.
Good idea, although I would smuggle a bottle of liquor (when I used to drink) in a ship because alcohol in a cruise is very expensive.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Good idea, although I would smuggle a bottle of liquor (when I used to drink) in a ship because alcohol in a cruise is very expensive.

I’m not telling you that’s a good idea, but I will suggest the customs guys probably care less about alcohol leaving the country than entering.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #17
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
Quote:
or hire a hooker.
That hobby could kill you. I wouldn't go that route.

I like the CTS-V idea but isn't it the same motor in a different car?
Old 11-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #18
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
BRZ and add a turbo. 300 rwhp in a car that weighs 2,800 pounds sounds like a ton of fun to me.
In a straight line.. its way more boring than you think
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #19
JLSuperfly

Quote:
I’m not telling you that’s a good idea, but I will suggest the customs guys probably care less about alcohol leaving the country than entering.
The cruise ship will allow one bottle of wine per adult. I usually empty the wine and fill it with bourbon and reseal the screw cap although they don't pay much attention. They just want to keep that line moving along.
One time, I hand carried a bottle of vodka and was told that they will hang on to it and give it back to me when I disembark the ship.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #20
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
That hobby could kill you. I wouldn't go that route.

I like the CTS-V idea but isn't it the same motor in a different car?
Depends. Most STDs are now treatable.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
The cruise ship will allow one bottle of wine per adult. I usually empty the wine and fill it with bourbon and reseal the screw cap although they don't pay much attention. They just want to keep that line moving along.
One time, I hand carried a bottle of vodka and was told that they will hang on to it and give it back to me when I disembark the ship.

Just don’t let the wine go to waste when you empty it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #22
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
I don't imagine its a popular vote, but get a Ford Raptor or a Colorado ZR2. At least the Raptor is fun to go from paved to dirt without thinking of it. I'm sure the ZR2 is equally as fun. Plus, depends on the style of speed bumps, you don't slow down
My wife and son enjoy seeing railroad tracks and anything that I can jump.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You seem to have lost interest and may have in many ways learned its expensive to modify new vehicles and only went with the SS2 cam wanting more drive ability as you have racked up a lot of miles for the age of the car. Not knowing all the mods you may want to think of gears to compliment your build and maybe a throttle controller just for kicks.
Or you may want with new car fever to indulge yourself in a new ride especially with the c-6 prices being down for the feel and its fun, but only you know what you need so advice like a opinion; you might find if you saved a bunch of money and stuck a stroker in and a zl1 rear end with a blower you would find your interest in others would disappear; or you may not.....Only you know what you feel, your budget and your future desires and worries.

Boredom happens, new car fever just succumbs to more new car fever, the whole idea of hotrodding is making the most of what you got and if you half heartedly attempt it ; it can be saddening, and no one needs that much speed or horsepower other than its nice to have and fun and can make what you have better. A new platform can also do that, but only you know if you want to keep a car and make it your own totally or go down a different path. I rarely think back on all the cars I have built, I know someone else is enjoying them and that's good, and I helped save American automotive history.

Adding one too the stable I will do one day and that's to have a backup , but I will not abandon my Camaro its truly the one car in my life I chose new with the options and color I wanted and was able to build from there; I did however trade in a 2011 2ss/rs vert triple black I did no mods too learning about the AFM, convertor , heads, cam and other things more problematic than old school engines and autotrans....$$$ and PITA matters and I know I would have rather had a c-6 vette without AFM, and wanted a zl1 before and may just get one or a vette someday used...

But I do love my manual better than the auto ; and know it could have been better as I had shift kitted trans with torque converters that would fry tires and sit you back in a seat like a stick but did not want to invest in the Convertible it was so hard to clean black and I have a cat that thinks its king of the car sitting on the roof sometimes...And well working outside a lot...sun on my head rarely with a bitchy wife and hair flying all over while already tanned ..

I could not see repeatedly treating it with Sunbrella forever every few months for water repellency (rainy here), and cleaning off cat hair waiting to see if someday it becomes a cat scratch pad also... Only you know what you want and if its the best on the lot and that's good enough or not quite up to snuff......
Old 11-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #24
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Add a blower?

Vette - different animal, not as practical for a dd
370z - I had one. Big fun to drive in the twisties as someone already mentioned. Power curve just starts to kick in at 3500 rpms with this car. Crappy ergonomics for any one over 5' 10".
L99 - I dumped mine for the 370z...hated it.
I love my ride today. Go figure...

Good luck with your quest.
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:05 PM   #25
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Depends. Most STDs are now treatable.
Key word, however, is "most"
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #26
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
out of the choices you have listed, I would choose CTS-V, similar platform, solid car, fairly easy to mod..the weak link is rear end, but other than that great car, comfortable.
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #27
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Go on a cruise for a week. While you’re on the ship, drink some colorful beverages with umbrellas stuck out the top. Hit a couple islands and try some exotic food. When you get back a week later, put the throttle all the way down.

Sometimes, being in the car everyday makes us forget how awesome and powerful they are.
This is true...if i dont drive my car for a week or so it feels awesome when i get in it coming from a crv. Plus I leave for Cuba this saturday morning so ill try some of those drinks.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #28
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
This is true...if i dont drive my car for a week or so it feels awesome when i get in it coming from a crv. Plus I leave for Cuba this saturday morning so ill try some of those drinks.
Cuba?

Commie!!!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote