Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 11-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Has anyone ever heard of a car being keyed/damaged because it had a politically "left" sticker on it? No? Me neither.

ETA: The only sticker on my vehicles is an American flag.
I didn't want to bring politics into this discussion, but in this case , you are incorrect. It has happened more than once to me. That's why I vented.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #16
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Unless it's a Beto O'Rourke sticker. JK.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #17
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Has anyone ever heard of a car being keyed/damaged because it had a politically "left" sticker on it? No? Me neither.

ETA: The only sticker on my vehicles is an American flag.
Actually yes, happened to someone I know.

And I've also had a tire slashed because it had a "Change I can believe in sticker" but the jackass was too stupid to even read it as it was a *save the manuals* sticker from blipshift making a play on Obama's logo. It was obvious if one took a few seconds to look at it but that combined with being on a foreign car was enough to get a knife through a tire in good ole Michigan. I associate the sticker with the act because it was cut up - but on a corner window so no other damage to the car.

Well.. I mean I guess the person may have just REALLY hated standard transmissions I suppose.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #18
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Actually yes, happened to someone I know.

And I've also had a tire slashed because it had a "Change I can believe in sticker" but the jackass was too stupid to even read it as it was a *save the manuals* sticker from blipshift making a play on Obama's logo. It was obvious if one took a few seconds to look at it but that combined with being on a foreign car was enough to get a knife through a tire in good ole Michigan. I associate the sticker with the act because it was cut up - but on a corner window so no other damage to the car.

Well.. I mean I guess the person may have just REALLY hated standard transmissions I suppose.
AUTO's for everyone
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #19
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
This is one of the reasons why I bought a Blackvue 2CH 4k camera for my car that will record 24/7. Can't wait to install it. Though unlikely you would ever find the person, but maybe you could have gotten them going into their car across the parking lot or something. If nothing else, at least you would see the ass-hat that touched your car.

I don't put stickers on my car, but I had an issue once in my old car where I drove through nasty construction and my car was 100% covered in dust. While parked at work, someone wrote "WASH ME" in huge letters across the bumper. Even after washing the car you could still see the words because when they pushed down to write it the dirt scratched the letters into the paint. Had to buff the entire bumper to get rid of it.
Daily1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #20
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
You're correct. The only "hate" seems to come from those who claim to be tolerant of everyone.

The intolerant of the tolerant -
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #21
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Not relevant. The sticker could say "I eat puppies" and nobody should tear up the car because of it.
If you eat puppies, I will tear up your car. That crosses the line bro.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #22
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I almost put an Impeach Trump sticker on my SUV.
Yeah, that's going to piss some people off, I'd expect vandalism.

I don't need to wear my politics on my sleeve... people are way too emotional about it these days.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #23
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Yeah, that's going to piss some people off, I'd expect vandalism.

I don't need to wear my politics on my sleeve... people are way too emotional about it these days.
You are correct.

My comment was more of a social experiment to highlight that both sides of the political spectrum can be jerks, but I decided to delete.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #24
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
You are correct.

My comment was more of a social experiment to highlight that both sides of the political spectrum can be jerks, but I decided to delete.
Assholes are assholes regardless of their political preferences.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Wrong. You've heard of it now. It goes both ways.
Well, that's unfortunate, especially given your detailing skills. What sort of damage did they do and how did you fix it? Wouldn't mind seeing before and after pics if you took them. (Which turns this thread toward the practical)
Old 11-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #26
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Sucks! This is exactly why I don't have bumper stickers, I don't trust humanity. People suck.

Well that, and I don't like stickers on my car.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #27
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
You're correct. The only "hate" seems to come from those who claim to be tolerant of everyone.
Not entirely. Tesla's seem to get a lot of hate, and most of the buyers are from a particular side of the "aisle".
Old 11-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #28
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Well, that's unfortunate, especially given your detailing skills. What sort of damage did they do and how did you fix it? Wouldn't mind seeing before and after pics if you took them. (Which turns this thread toward the practical)
It is a Jeep Wrangler so the bumper is just hard textured plastic. The key scratched deep scars into the plastic. I just covered it with another sticker. That's the only recourse in that situation.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote