Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2019, 08:10 PM   #15
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Hmm these kinda interest me. I've been looking at the KW V3's because I don't want BC or others like them but idk if they worth the $1400 extra. I won't really be doing any tracking. If I do it'll be maybe once or twice a year. 99% of the time it'll be daily driven and some random canyon driving.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:42 AM   #16
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Hmm these kinda interest me. I've been looking at the KW V3's because I don't want BC or others like them but idk if they worth the $1400 extra. I won't really be doing any tracking. If I do it'll be maybe once or twice a year. 99% of the time it'll be daily driven and some random canyon driving.
yea, I only get on a few times a year but unless im racing for times, or tournament points I cant see the point of 3k purple coilovers. Everyone has different purchase points though and that doesn't bother them.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #17
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Why is there an impression that Taiwan is a third world country?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #18
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
congrats on the new coilovers. If you decide to sell the stock shocks and springs please let me know as I would like to upgrade my RS with them. PM if interested. Thanks
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #19
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
congrats on the new coilovers. If you decide to sell the stock shocks and springs please let me know as I would like to upgrade my RS with them. PM if interested. Thanks
i will probably keep them around for whenever i decided to trade the car in.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Old 07-19-2019, 09:46 AM   #20
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Boy, I kind of want to compare these to the GMPP kit. I am not mr suspension adjustment guy, but this should take some of the worry out about how it might ride and setting the height correctly.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:03 AM   #21
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Hey, any new option for the market is good, especially a lower price one.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #22
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post

ehh lower price isnt always a good thing lol its a 40k+ car cheaper isnt better when it comes to quality car parts
Old 07-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #23
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
If paying 5x more gets you 5x better performance.. do it.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:24 PM   #24
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
For limited support this car has youre right a new option is good. The mustang has twice as many options as us, but even as we get something new there will always be someone to blindly bash it even though it is performing well for me with no issues so far
Old 07-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #25
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
If paying 5x more gets you 5x better performance.. do it.
Whens the next event at metlife? I was checking autox4u but they seem to bearly post for meadowlands. i haven't ran there in 2 years.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #26
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Whens the next event at metlife? I was checking autox4u but they seem to bearly post for meadowlands. i haven't ran there in 2 years.
8/4.

NNJR SCCA and MSNE are always at Met Life.

My car will be there on 8/4, but I'll be camping on the AT so stop by and ride along with Jeff if you want. My car is on MCS.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #27
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Why is there an impression that Taiwan is a third world country?

Fox news tells them "its China" and on a map there close to each other...

I have used K sports on some rides where there arnt any other options besides Motion and dont have a problem with cheaper products if they get the job done.

Riding on DSSV shocks hasnt convinced me $5000 shocks are that much better than $1000 shocks if designed and set up correctly.
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:12 PM   #28
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post

If you're looking for seat time, MSNE has Test & Tune in morning - basically limited attendance event in morning and then Autox ( points event ) starting about 2pm.

In regards to quality of imported coilovers, ran BC coil overs on last car for years, no failures. Little over year on DSSV, both fronts have been replaced due to "clunking" so yeah so much for $2K/each shocks.

KOni still MIA ?

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote