Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #15
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Pressure washer powered version is GREAT way to waste soap.. let me tell you. cup or two of soap goes in NO TIME!
I’ve got the Griots Garage BOSS foam cannon and it’s nicely built. I have to say, it does NOT waste soap at all. I’ve foamed my wife’s Alfa twice and my SS once, and it barely looks like any soap is gone from the bottle. I’m also using the electric pressure washer that Griots sells too. I’m sure I overpaid, but I’ve always had good luck with his stuff and this is no exception.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #16
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I think VTOR_ZL1's point is that in general the sub $20 foam cannons (and perhaps foam cannons in general) require more soap to make shaving cream foam, thus using more soap per wash.

With my cheapo gun, I need the soap in the bottle to be ~10:1 or 5:1 water:soap ratio... or about 1/2 cup to a cup per bottle to get the really nice crazy thick foam.

With a 2 bucket wash, I only need a couple tablespoons max per 3-4 gallons... ~250:1.

Perhaps the $100 griot's cannon is more soap-efficient ... but one can buy a lot of fancy dancy Adams/Carpro/<pickyourpoison> car shampoo for the $85 difference between the amazon cheapos and the top-shelf guns
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #17
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I think VTOR_ZL1's point is that in general the sub $20 foam cannons (and perhaps foam cannons in general) require more soap to make shaving cream foam, thus using more soap per wash.

With my cheapo gun, I need the soap in the bottle to be ~10:1 or 5:1 water:soap ratio... or about 1/2 cup to a cup per bottle to get the really nice crazy thick foam.

With a 2 bucket wash, I only need a couple tablespoons max per 3-4 gallons... ~250:1.

Perhaps the $100 griot's cannon is more soap-efficient ... but one can buy a lot of fancy dancy Adams/Carpro/<pickyourpoison> car shampoo for the $85 difference between the amazon cheapos and the top-shelf guns
Are you using a gas or electric pressure washer? Gas PWs make the shaving cream foam very well. Also, the aftermarket orifice makes better foam.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #18
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Gas - I put a link to a video in post #13.

Mine works fine as is. Yeah I could probably improve it with a new orifice, but I don't use the foam cannon all that much because a) the car rarely gets that dirty with the PPF and coatings a basic hose rinse gets almost all the dirt off every time, b) rinsing all that extra soap out of the fabric top alone takes longer than an entire hand wash, and 3) I don't even bother (or need) to clean the top all that much since all it's used for is a dust cover for the interior while The Mistress rests in the garage between thrashings!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #19
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Gas - I put a link to a video in post #13.

Mine works fine as is. Yeah I could probably improve it with a new orifice, but I don't use the foam cannon all that much because a) the car rarely gets that dirty with the PPF and coatings a basic hose rinse gets almost all the dirt off every time, b) rinsing all that extra soap out of the fabric top alone takes longer than an entire hand wash, and 3) I don't even bother (or need) to clean the top all that much since all it's used for is a dust cover for the interior while The Mistress rests in the garage between thrashings!
Totally agree with all those points. I use the foam cannons mostly for big vehicles like RV campers.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #20
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Wanted to provide a few updates on the setup I ended up going with:

- Ryobi 2300 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- M22 to 1/4" Quick Connect Adapter
- Foam Cannon
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Wanted to provide a few updates on the setup I ended up going with:

- Ryobi 2300 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- M22 to 1/4" Quick Connect Adapter
- Foam Cannon
That pressure washer looks super nice!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #22
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
That pressure washer looks super nice!
Yeah I was going to go with the much more compact 1600 PSI Ryobi pressure washer, but I found this one and was impressed with the PSI for an electric PW. So, I copped it and made some more room in my garage. I've already used it to get rid of all of the weeds growing between the pavers on my patio. It is plenty powerful.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
Old 05-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #23
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Yeah I was going to go with the much more compact 1600 PSI Ryobi pressure washer, but I found this one and was impressed with the PSI for an electric PW. So, I copped it and made some more room in my garage. I've already used it to get rid of all of the weeds growing between the pavers on my patio. It is plenty powerful.
For sure. Don't hit the rubber around the windows with it. It will tear the rubber up.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #24
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
For sure. Don't hit the rubber around the windows with it. It will tear the rubber up.
Noted! Will avoid the rubber. Thanks.

YouTube