#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #71
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2out2sea View Post
Car is back home. Looks good. Sounds great and pulls hard. Very happy with vengeance. I ended right where I hoped I would and the performance is great. Weapon x heat exchangers next to keep things cool in the Alabama heat, then I am done. I couldn't ask for better customer service than what Ron offered. Vengeance was a good choice, glad they are close.
Got the answer to my question with no answer.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #72
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Got the answer to my question with no answer.
Keep trolling... It's none of your business or anyone else's what arrangements vengeance made to make a customer happy. Each case is different. Two things are certain though 1. I am a happy customer. 2. Only a jerk would ask on a public forum about the fiscal arrangement between a vendor and a customer. It would be the bigger jerk to be the customer who aired the full details of a private transaction after a vendor or vendors provided the customer service to correct the issues.

There I finally took the bait. Are you happy now?
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #73
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Keep trolling... It's none of your business or anyone else's what arrangements vengeance made to make a customer happy. Each case is different. Two things are certain though 1. I am a happy customer. 2. Only a jerk would ask on a public forum about the fiscal arrangement between a vendor and a customer. It would be the bigger jerk to be the customer who aired the full details of a private transaction after a vendor or vendors provided the customer service to correct the issues.

There I finally took the bait. Are you happy now?
I respect you answer. You posted on a public forum. Therefore I asked. Sorry if I offended you. No need for name calling. I asked a simple question to your public post. I’ve been here for years. Respect that.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #74
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
I respect you answer. You posted on a public forum. Therefore I asked. Sorry if I offended you. No need for name calling. I asked a simple question to your public post. I’ve been here for years. Respect that.
I read back through the thread to make sure I wasn't talking out of turn. The only mention to cost I made was my overall expense on the build. There was nothing specific regarding who charged what nor anything about parts cost. I try to be aware that these guys, be it vengeance, jannety, weapon x, etc are trying to run a business and make a living. One crappy thread on a forum can really damage them and their business.

Rather than focus on the negative, I'd rather give accolades to the businesses that go over and above. Vengeance didn't have to redo my build. But they did to make me happy as a customer. Likewise other vendors that I got some parts from have been accommodating as well. All in all its been a good experience and I have a powerful car that I've made unique.

The build cost more than I would have liked, in hindsight if I had it to do over I'd have gotten a 2.3 Magnuson blower and given myself a little more headroom. Most people that I know dollar cost average these things and determine what's worth the investment. Not investment for monetary return, but rather, "how much is it worth to me to gain 100hp" for instance. I looked at other builds, researched cost of parts and determined that 6-7k was what it would take to gain 100hp. It was worth the investment to me. The initial 63 hp gain was not "worth" it to me and had I known the result initially I likely would have taken a different route. Hence my shift in this thread to describing it as a cautionary tale for other would be modders.

If I misread your previous post's intents then I humbly apologize. However may I suggest you utilize pm for those types of comments or questions. I have had multiple pm from other members during the course of this thread. Some questions I felt comfortable answering and some I did not. But, I was happy to answer in apm format the way I felt most comfortable without throwing any vendors under the bus.

Hopefully, this clears the air. If anyone has any questions, ask away. I'm no expert. I am just happy with a unique track day car that amazingly keeps up with my friends 175k Porsches for 40% of the price! Now that's value for the dollar!!!
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #75
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
I read back through the thread to make sure I wasn't talking out of turn. The only mention to cost I made was my overall expense on the build. There was nothing specific regarding who charged what nor anything about parts cost. I try to be aware that these guys, be it vengeance, jannety, weapon x, etc are trying to run a business and make a living. One crappy thread on a forum can really damage them and their business.

Rather than focus on the negative, I'd rather give accolades to the businesses that go over and above. Vengeance didn't have to redo my build. But they did to make me happy as a customer. Likewise other vendors that I got some parts from have been accommodating as well. All in all its been a good experience and I have a powerful car that I've made unique.

The build cost more than I would have liked, in hindsight if I had it to do over I'd have gotten a 2.3 Magnuson blower and given myself a little more headroom. Most people that I know dollar cost average these things and determine what's worth the investment. Not investment for monetary return, but rather, "how much is it worth to me to gain 100hp" for instance. I looked at other builds, researched cost of parts and determined that 6-7k was what it would take to gain 100hp. It was worth the investment to me. The initial 63 hp gain was not "worth" it to me and had I known the result initially I likely would have taken a different route. Hence my shift in this thread to describing it as a cautionary tale for other would be modders.

If I misread your previous post's intents then I humbly apologize. However may I suggest you utilize pm for those types of comments or questions. I have had multiple pm from other members during the course of this thread. Some questions I felt comfortable answering and some I did not. But, I was happy to answer in apm format the way I felt most comfortable without throwing any vendors under the bus.

Hopefully, this clears the air. If anyone has any questions, ask away. I'm no expert. I am just happy with a unique track day car that amazingly keeps up with my friends 175k Porsches for 40% of the price! Now that's value for the dollar!!!
Duly noted. No need for PM. Moving on to the present moment.