Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
DuoMaxwell007

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT
Possible Trnasmission Issue?

So I have a 2017 Camaro 2LT RS Automatic. Had the car 4 months (though it was used) and only has 16000 miles on it. Today I noticed when I change to Reverse I hear an extremely noticeable clicking and clunking sound coming from the back of the car from what sounds to be coming from almost under the Trunk. It only makes this sound when changing to reverse, if I put it in any other gear its quiet. Should I be worried?

I also seen that something like getting the transmission fluid changes can cost over $100 bucks, is that true or is someone just trying to get way too much money for a job I would think would be no different than changing oil (also should I ever need to be getting a transmission fluid change on a car thats only at 16000 miles?)
DuoMaxwell007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
if you think you need a transmission fluid change, I would take it in and say it has the a8 shuddering that most of the other camaros are having. they may flush it under warranty for free..

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
DuoMaxwell007

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT
well its not shuddering it just makes a noticeably loud clicking or clunking sound when I switch from park or drive to reverse, only happens when switching to reverse, going to park, drive or neutral makes no sound at all
DuoMaxwell007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
tej

Drives: 2018 2ss Borla ATAK Cat Back
I had same issue, go to the dealership and tell them your issue and request them to update your TCM software.
tej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #5
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
If you have 0 mods done to your car take it to the dealership right now....had a extremely violent clunk and now my car wont reverse or go forward lol....they denied warranty due to mods on the car "causing" the transmission to give out ….attorney general is pursuing it now