Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #29
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
Taxed when you earn money. Taxed when you buy gas to go to the dealership. Taxed when you buy the car. Taxed more because the car is over a certain value. Taxes taxes taxes.
And then taxed when you die
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #30
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
And then taxed when you die
Yes but it’s the living that really pay.

AC tax?...on top of luxury tax?
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #31
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Wink

Go for the SS 1LE, is a better driver's car on the performance side. If you like Mustangs a better choice to the Bullit would be a Shelby GT350R if you can afford it. For the $, there's is nothing better than the SS 1LE.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #32
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
The Bullet isn't really all that special. I really don't get all the Bullet Hype.

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #33
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_ST View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm debating b/w a Camaro 2SS 1LE vs a Mustang Bullitt.

Both have their pros and cons, I'm sure. So what are they?

Camaro is costing me $62K Canadian (cars are evidently 50% more expensive here than in Canada) and the Bullitt is at $63K all-in.

I'm looking primarily at resale value as I tend to keep my car for ~5 years. Would the 1LE command a premium over Bullitt when it's time for resale?

depends what you plan to do with it. if you want to use it and track abuse it 1LE all day. if you want something a little more "special" bullitt. Personally I don't think the bullitt looks that great and id go for a PP2 mustang myself.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #34
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
The Bullet isn't really all that special. I really don't get all the Bullet Hype.
Bullitt does have a few performance upgrades that split the difference between a PP1 and a GT350. If history repeats itself, a lot of these upgrades and maybe more will find there way into GT PP1 when GT350 is gone and replaced by GT500.

I like what Ford did here. I own a Fifty. Nice special edition package for 2017. But the mechanicals are identical to any other 2SS Convertible. With Bullitt, Ford spiced the deal with 20 more horses and some performance parts not available on GT PP1. Of course, they’re charging a lot more for it. The Fifty package was an extra $1,750 (I think) over the 2SS. Bullitt is $12k over the base Mustang GT. But then once you add in the PP1 and Premium packages, the gap winds up somewhere around $5k. Closer to the price difference from a 1SS to a 1SS 1LE. And the performance gap is likely on par with the gap between a 1SS and a 1SS 1LE, except more from a drag strip perspective than a track perspective.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:42 AM   #35
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Bullitt does have a few performance upgrades that split the difference between a PP1 and a GT350. If history repeats itself, a lot of these upgrades and maybe more will find there way into GT PP1 when GT350 is gone and replaced by GT500.

I like what Ford did here. I own a Fifty. Nice special edition package for 2017. But the mechanicals are identical to any other 2SS Convertible. With Bullitt, Ford spiced the deal with 20 more horses and some performance parts not available on GT PP1. Of course, they’re charging a lot more for it. The Fifty package was an extra $1,750 (I think) over the 2SS. Bullitt is $12k over the base Mustang GT. But then once you add in the PP1 and Premium packages, the gap winds up somewhere around $5k. Closer to the price difference from a 1SS to a 1SS 1LE. And the performance gap is likely on par with the gap between a 1SS and a 1SS 1LE, except more from a drag strip perspective than a track perspective.
Those little add-ons for the Bullitt more than likely won't have any significant impact over the PP1. It's just "oooo, aaahhh" stuff so people will feel like they're getting more than just badges, a spoiler delete, and a $200 remote tune's worth of extra HP, LOL!! And even if it is more than that the PP1 wasn't anything all that great anyway. So being slightly better is still pathetic.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:37 AM   #36
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Those little add-ons for the Bullitt more than likely won't have any significant impact over the PP1. It's just "oooo, aaahhh" stuff so people will feel like they're getting more than just badges, a spoiler delete, and a $200 remote tune's worth of extra HP, LOL!! And even if it is more than that the PP1 wasn't anything all that great anyway. So being slightly better is still pathetic.
I wouldn’t say the car is pathetic. The fact that Ford continues to consistently pull up short on beating Cam6 performance to protect the 4,000 a year or so GT350s they sell is definitely a point of criticism. But anybody who buys a Bullitt is not getting a pathetic car. Their getting a damn good car. Granted, they could get a better performing car for about the same coin.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:58 AM   #37
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I wouldn’t say the car is pathetic. The fact that Ford continues to consistently pull up short on beating Cam6 performance to protect the 4,000 a year or so GT350s they sell is definitely a point of criticism. But anybody who buys a Bullitt is not getting a pathetic car. Their getting a damn good car. Granted, they could get a better performing car for about the same coin.
I couldn't agree more , i like seeing Gt350s ,Shelby Cobra Mustangs, Ford does a good job selling Mustangs even though i would never buy one . The Bullitt is a better car then the Camaro Hot Wheels edition and i feel Chevy should build more limited edition Camaros with more then stickers and parts from the Chevrolet Accessory catalog . Camaro has a long history of cool they could tap into . Maybe it is time they do a IROC throwback edition or a something based on a Penske Trans Am Camaro .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:03 AM   #38
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
If you are going to spend $62k, look for a slightly used Zl1.
Or a '14-'15 Z/28. 505hp, carbon brakes.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #39
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Or a '14-'15 Z/28. 505hp, carbon brakes.
I love the 6 gen. Camaro, especially the SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE variants, but I have to disagree with you on the Z/28

The only thing good about the Z/28 is the engine, brakes, and suspension.

It is a bare bones car and the interior is most definitely the old plastic GM before they wised up.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #40
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
I'd get the Bullitt, all things being equal. Looks better, more HP, limited edition, digital dash, Sync 3, better exhaust note. Resale alone makes it a no-brainer, the previous gen Bullitts are going for almost a 40-50% premium over regular GTs of the same year.

Here in the US all things aren't equal between the 2, dealers want insane markups on Bullitts, so if you can get one anywhere near MSRP seems like a solid buy.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #41
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
I'd get the Bullitt, all things being equal. Looks better, more HP, limited edition, digital dash, Sync 3, better exhaust note. Resale alone makes it a no-brainer, the previous gen Bullitts are going for almost a 40-50% premium over regular GTs of the same year.

Here in the US all things aren't equal between the 2, dealers want insane markups on Bullitts, so if you can get one anywhere near MSRP seems like a solid buy.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #42
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I wouldn't spend any money on hype. Most of these special edition Fords are turning out to be hype more than anything else. They look good on paper. Take them out on the track or even the street, and if they aren't breaking, they're under performing.

Talk to me when Ford actually builds a true all-round performance vehicle that doesn't require a service visit or third party upgrades to keep up with the competition.

Sure, you could take a GT350 out to the track, but if it doesn't overheat, the engine might take a dump. And on top of all that, it'll still get its ass kicked by cars that cost less. And Ford wants how much for that car?

I expect the Bullit to be another dud when it comes to performance. The only thing that's interesting about it is the fact that Ford finally introduced active rev matching. And you know they're going to have issues with it. You can set your clock to that.

Only the GT500 seems like it will really take on the competition, and even then, it's going to be too expensive for what it is.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote