Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Silver Spear

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
ZL1 Dealer Warranty

I went by a local Rick Hendrick dealership to pick up some parts for my 02 Camaro. I ran across a 2018 (Blk) fully loaded ZL1 (PDR,NAV,CF Hood,Sunroof,ect). After get the parts i needed,I went over and looked over the ZL1. The one thing that made me unease about the ride is the warranty on the ZL1. The sticker on the ride spell out like this (As Is No Dealer Warranty). The sticker did mention as of having the manufacturer warranty but no dealer warranty. You go on reading the fine print about dealers are not responsible for repair,but you can get the (Service Contract). Service Contact is not what is crank up to be. I got on line and found that ride have (9,000) miles and a price tag of (55,000). Would you buy a ZL1 under this condition with the warranty (As Is No Dealer Warranty) and ect.
Silver Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Very common for used-car dealers to post the used car warranty sticker, and also very common for them to tick the AS-IS box.

In some states, like NC, dealers inherently take on warranty liability unless it's expressly disclaimed. See more here:
http://studentlegalservices.web.unc....ng-a-used-car/

What I'd be more concerned about is if the car was modified or tuned, where you would have zero GM warranty on the affected parts.
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spear View Post
I went by a local Rick Hendrick dealership to pick up some parts for my 02 Camaro. I ran across a 2018 (Blk) fully loaded ZL1 (PDR,NAV,CF Hood,Sunroof,ect). After get the parts i needed,I went over and looked over the ZL1. The one thing that made me unease about the ride is the warranty on the ZL1. The sticker on the ride spell out like this (As Is No Dealer Warranty). The sticker did mention as of having the manufacturer warranty but no dealer warranty. You go on reading the fine print about dealers are not responsible for repair,but you can get the (Service Contract). Service Contact is not what is crank up to be. I got on line and found that ride have (9,000) miles and a price tag of (55,000). Would you buy a ZL1 under this condition with the warranty (As Is No Dealer Warranty) and ect.
In most states its the law to have a Buyers Guide on there. Which its correct, the dealer isnt giving you a warranty, the manufacture is.
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
There is nothing weird about that sticker at all, as said above, it just means the dealer has not added any additional warranties to the car, and you just have the GM warranty remainder. Which is the way I would want it anyway.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s the way I bought my 2017 back in March of this year but I have about 12 months left on the 36/36,000 mile factory warranty. Now the dealer will try and sell you a warranty through an independent company or even offer a GM Extended warranty but like was said the dealer doesn’t offer a warranty. The dealer offered me a warranty by an independent company for around $2500.00 and then came down to $1800 when I refused to add it to the sales contract. I didn’t accept it. I still have the 5 year 50,000 drivetrain warranty left when the other one runs out in April 2020 as I’m not doing any mods on mine anyway.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #6
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
For that kind of money, you could buy a new one with all of your factory warranties intact. My current ZL1 was around $70.2k sticker and bought it for $56k with all my warranties.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:22 PM   #7
kaamacat

Drives: 2018 ZL1/1LE Red
Whatever warranty came with the vehicle since new, Miles 1.. remains with the car until expired. (Even the Carfax will show remaining). Many of the shady dealers will say nothing remains (not true). One other thing RH will do is, tell you that the car is not fully covered... all to get you to buy their coverage above what is already covered.

ONE OTHER IMPORTANT ITEM....forget if it is SC or NC but, they are not required to post of a car has had an accident, they may not post on CarFax. (Had a friend a few years back get a new Lotus, only to find out afterwards it had been in an accident during a demo drive but, it was not documented anywhere. The body shop picked up on it). Buyer Beware.

2018 ZL1 1LE (Red) - New Dec 2017
2015 ViperGT (Gunmetal w/Red stripes)
2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6sp
2011 Porsche GT3RS - White w/red graphics
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:16 AM   #8
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spear View Post
I work for a dealership in Arizona (not Chevy). We have that sticker on EVERY single car we have, brand new or pre-owned. It simply stating that "the dealership" is not liable for ANY type of warranty on the car, even if it's new. However, the manufacturer DOES have a complete warranty (of course this is based on that specific manufacturer, since they're all different). This is simply there to protect the dealership from guaranteeing you a warranty, when a dealership almost never guarantees a warranty (the manufacturer does), but the dealership will perform any and all manufacturer warranty (they get paid by the manufacturer for warranty work) work as long as it's the same brand (a Porsche Dealership will work on Porsche warranties, a Chevy dealership will work on Chevy warranties, etc...)
This is not a red flag for you, this is 100% standard (at least it is in Arizona, I can't speak for your state. Most states will have a similar disclosure).
The only time you're really buying "as is, with NO warranty" is when the manufacturer warranty period is no longer available due to time (you're over the manufacturer warranty time period), miles (it's already over the covered miles per the manufacturer), or if the car has been flagged (usually due to mods, negligence, or abuse from one of the previous owners).
Feel free to PM me for further details if I can help explain anything I didnt go over...

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #9
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Is that the Rick Hendrick in Wake Forest?

And like another poster said, $55k for a used ZL1 is crazy. There are new ones around for that kind of money.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:28 PM   #10
Silver Spear

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Is that the Rick Hendrick in Wake Forest?

And like another poster said, $55k for a used ZL1 is crazy. There are new ones around for that kind of money.
Cary N.C,is were this ZL1 is on sell. The Chevrolet Dealer in Wake Forest is call Capitol Chevrolet.
Silver Spear is offline   Reply With Quote