Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #43
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by F419sr1 View Post
It’s just the insert piece. It was easier than I thought. It just unbolts. I covered everything in painters tape and marked it all out in pencil and put the sticker on my marks. Here are pictures. Whipples direction need to be better. Doesn’t look out of place. Larger radius on the small turns would have made the edging go on easier. If I ever wantyto go back I could just buy the insert piece and nobody would ever know.
Well, it’s good to know that the insert is the only piece that needs to be cut. Like you said, that’s easily replaceable. I wouldn’t want to cut my carbon fiber insert, guess I would just get a painted insert and cut that.

That rubber edging piece is a great idea. Looks OEM.

EDIT: Just looked at the pics again, the carbon fiber piece of the insert does not get cut. Now I feel better about cutting the hood.

Keep the updates coming !!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #44
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-ER View Post
By the way, when I did my whipple install, whipple did NOT include the template and when I asked them about it they said they don't include it (even though the instructions say they do), I just had to figure it out. "Wow" to say the least.

Either way, I'm glad it came out okay but still...it would have been nice to have the template.
They just sent me a drawing. I had the template made. It would be easy for the to give people a paper template.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #45
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I can’t believe with the price tag on that whipple those clowns can’t bother to include a template for cutting the hood .

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:34 PM   #46
F419sr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I can’t believe with the price tag on that whipple those clowns can’t bother to include a template for cutting the hood .
One other thing to pay attention to is the bolts on the hood have different lengths.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:45 AM   #47
F419sr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USP45 View Post
Whoa... I was planning on a Whipple once I get back from deployment but didn't know about cutting the hood. I am not crazy about that.

On another subject, what are y'all doing about fuel? I already have a DSX low side fuel system, cam with +33% lobe, and methanol injection but I was wanting to get away from using quite as much methanol. I have thought about adding a port injection system but that is a lot more $$$.
You should be good on fuel depending on how hard you plan on pushing it. Mine is going to Jannetty on Monday. Not sure what path I’m taking yet. He wants to look the car over before putting it on the dyno and I’ll talk about what is best then. Plan is over the winter doing cams and heads.