#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-30-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
alice_supernova

Drives: nissan sentra
Buying a used Camaro

Hello!

I'm thinking about getting a 2012 Camaro 1LT. I've never owned a Camaro or a Chevy, for that matter. Currently I drive a little Sentra. I would like to learn more about Camaros from experienced drivers. What was it like to adjust to a car like that? What is the maintenance like? How expensive are parts, compared to cheaper, not muscle cars?
So far, I gathered that 2012 are built better among the 2010-2014 Camaros. The ones I've seen on the market have at least 70k miles on them. From what you guys have experienced, what kind of issues normally arise when the car hits that mileage?
I've also heard that a lot of Camaros end up having electrical problems starting at 30k miles. How common do you guys think that is?

Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated!
alice_supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Compared to the Sentra, the Camaro will feel ridiculously more powerful and faster - even the V6 version, not to mention an SS V8. You will sit much lower and the visibility isn’t the greatest but you eventually adjust to it is my experience. The Sentra will feel like a fishbowl in terms of visibility, though, as compared to the Camaro.

You will feel like you are driving a stylish and attractive car instead of something that just gets you from point A to point B.

Maintenance and parts are the same as any other car really. The V6 in the 1LT is a similar engine used in a lot of GM vehicles so there’s no special maintenance for the most part. Since it is rear wheel drive, there’s a differential fluid change at 45k, but everything else is typical.

I have a 2014 with about 41k miles that I bought used in 2017. I’ve only had one issue which was handled under warranty (mine was a certified pre-owned); no electrical issues for me so far.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 05-01-2019, 05:39 AM   #4
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!