Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Ppf damaged by track armor

Just a heads up guys. I have sunteck ppf on my front end and recently used track armor tape for a tack day. After removing less than 24hrs it seems to have left some marks on my clear bra. There are long seam lines and what appears to be small imperfections in the ppf. It is hard to describe but almost like a poorly prepped paint job under the ppf. It is not the glue residue from the back of the tape somehow it's in the ppf. Idk. Track armor is a great product but just dont use of your ppf. I have tried spray wax to remove the lines and imperfections with zero luck. O well. U have to get really close and in the shade to see but I known its there. Talked to another guy with xpel and he said it left marks on his as well.
Jonnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If you have adhesive residue on your PPF, try Rapid Tac Rapid Remover. It's fantastic for any type of adhesive residue. Stay away from any edges of the PPF.

Since you have PPF, why would you cover it with something? The PPF itself is designed to protect paint from rock chips and bug guts.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #3
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
I wanted to protect the ppf while I was on the track. It doesnt seem to be adhesive but I will try some adhesive removal.
Jonnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydz View Post
I wanted to protect the ppf while I was on the track. It doesnt seem to be adhesive but I will try some adhesive removal.
Xpel Tracwrap. It's a temporary PPF that can go on permanent PPF.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9351...-tracwrap.html

I'm going to drive for most of 6 days this summer over a two week span, and just ordered some to go over my ppf. I can just pull off the bug graveyeard and throw it away instead of having to clean the bugs off my car regularly on the trip.