Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
2019 GMC Syclone: 455hp

Only 100 are being produced by Specialty Vehicle Engineering (used to be SLP). It costs an extra $40k on top of your 2019 donor Canyon. Still, pretty damn cool!

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/...en-asking-for/

http://specialtyvehicleengineering.c...455hp-syclone/

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
I love the idea. I was in love with this and the Typhoon as a younger lad!

That said the power output seems low for today's standard and the "concept" of what the Syclone is/was.

And they should have done something different with the grill.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I love the idea. I was in love with this and the Typhoon as a younger lad!

That said the power output seems low for today's standard and the "concept" of what the Syclone is/was.

And they should have done something different with the grill.
455hp is still no joke. And considering it's a truck with no weight over the rear-end, those tires aren't going to stand a chance as it is.

It'll still be plenty quick. A Canyon Ext. Cab weighs ~4,000lbs. The SRT-10 Ram was 500hp and weighed over 5,000lbs.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 04-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
As I said in Fen's thread,
Quote:
That makes it what, 80 grand or so in total? Thats a bit steep. But since they're only doing 100, they'll probably still find enough buyers.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
70 - 80 grand (depending on what kind of optioned truck you start with) is ...ahem...a bit much. But they may sell them. Who knows.

GM could do the same thing for 30+ grand less. Will they? I wish they would.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
As I said in Fen's thread,
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
70 - 80 grand (depending on what kind of optioned truck you start with) is ...ahem...a bit much. But they may sell them. Who knows.

GM could do the same thing for 30+ grand less. Will they? I wish they would.
Yea, even at ~$80k, they should move all of them.

At least it's not as bad as their Yenko Camaros and Corvettes. The Stage II (1,000hp) Camaro adds ~$67-70k to the price of your donor 2019 1LE. The Stage II Corvette adds ~$75-80k to the price of your donor 2019 Grand Sport. Yikes! They make 25 of each per year and all of the 2019 Camaros are sold.

Old 04-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #7
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
455hp is still no joke. And considering it's a truck with no weight over the rear-end, those tires aren't going to stand a chance as it is.

It'll still be plenty quick. A Canyon Ext. Cab weighs ~4,000lbs. The SRT-10 Ram was 500hp and weighed over 5,000lbs.
It's fine but that last statement goes to what I was saying.

When was the SRT-10? 10 years ago or so? I just would have thought there would have been power based on today's "standards" for "tuner" cars and the namesake of the car.

Yeah they won't have any problems selling them. I think it's bad ass they brought the name back.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #8
DRKS1D3

Quote:

When was the SRT-10? 10 years ago or so? I just would have thought there would have been power based on today's "standards" for "tuner" cars and the namesake of the car.

Yeah they won't have any problems selling them. I think it's bad ass they brought the name back.
I hear what you're saying. The cars that are coming out these days have some ridiculous power. With that being said, SVE is an aftermarket tuning company similar to Hennessey, Callaway and Lingenfelter. SLP (SVE's prior name) modified cars for GM for years. You could buy GM cars from the dealer with SLP modifications. There isn't much you can do with the Canyon's 3.6L. And being a tuner, SVE isn't going to engineer and build 100 new engines for these 100 trucks in order to make 500, 600, 700hp. Supercharging is the best, most cost effective option. I searched, and several companies make superchargers for this V6. On average, they're good for an additional 150hp. Lastly, like I said before, the rear tires on this thing aren't going to stand a chance with 455hp. I suppose they could have found some way to give it over 500hp, but for what? If it's unusable, the only thing it's good for is bragging rights.

I think it's pretty cool that SVE took the liberty of giving GM loyalists a nasty little truck!

Old 04-17-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

455 hp - 3.6L

500 hp - 8.3L

I'd say there is more than enough "tuner" power to qualify as a higher "standard"
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #10
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
455 hp - 3.6L

500 hp - 8.3L

I'd say there is more than enough "tuner" power to qualify as a higher "standard"
You missed the point.

Wasn't talking about a "higher standard" from an "efficiency" standpoint...they've obviously gotten a lot out of the 3.6.

Wonder if they will bring back the Typhoon as well?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
You missed the point.

Wasn't talking about a "higher standard" from an "efficiency" standpoint...they've obviously gotten a lot out of the 3.6.

How? With no Jimmy (or anything really like it) to go off of, it'd be an extremely expensive conversion.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #12
DRKS1D3

Quote:
You missed the point.

That'd be the icing on the cake, but I don't see it happening. The only logical model is the Terrain. My wife has a '19 Denali and while it is an extremely nice vehicle that I enjoy driving from time to time, I can't envision too many people are modifying theirs. Aftermarket parts are plentiful for the Colorado and Canyon, but the Terrain...not so much. If SVE was determined to do it, it would take a lot engineering and producing one-off parts.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #13
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
70K or so for 450HP doesnt work for me but I do like the idea of bring back the Syclone. I had a fully built 11 sec 91 Syclone and man that thing was fun fun fun to drive. It was upgraded from head to toe and it launched like a raped ape when you spooled it up from a dead stop. Amazing how far you can push a properly built V6 and how fast it can be with the right mods.