Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2023, 09:41 PM   #1
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Options for spoilers for SS 1LE

So I really enjoy the aggressive look of the zl1 1le wing. I will probably do the zl1 conversion for the front bumper too. In regards to the options for the spoiler. The SS 1LE has a crazy amount of holes in the trunk and I am not really interested in plugs. I would like a clean install. I have tried to look and I can't find a 100% sure answer to what to do here. What trunk can I buy to replace that won't have any holes I have to plug up? What year and trim is an option for the ZLE wing to fit in or even if I have to drill holes and not leave any I need to plug. Will ZL1 trunks fit on the SS? What years are the ones that will fit? Do all 6th gen ones fit? TIA.
2018 Blue AWD Kia Stinger GT2 -Sold-
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:34 AM   #2
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Pretty sure all 6g trunks are exactly the same. Yes, buy a zl1 or reg SS to get the 3 hole match. Of course, pay attention to color too as there are many various greys for example.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:31 AM   #3
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2022cs View Post
So I really enjoy the aggressive look of the zl1 1le wing. I will probably do the zl1 conversion for the front bumper too. In regards to the options for the spoiler. The SS 1LE has a crazy amount of holes in the trunk and I am not really interested in plugs. I would like a clean install. I have tried to look and I can't find a 100% sure answer to what to do here. What trunk can I buy to replace that won't have any holes I have to plug up? What year and trim is an option for the ZLE wing to fit in or even if I have to drill holes and not leave any I need to plug. Will ZL1 trunks fit on the SS? What years are the ones that will fit? Do all 6th gen ones fit? TIA.
You basically have the RS trunk and are totally screwed on your mounting options. The 1LE Spoiler holes don't line up with anything else except for the GM "High Wing Spoiler." Personally, the 1LE Spoiler looks better. The SS and ZL1 trunk holes are the same 3 stanchion "park bench" style hole pattern. All 6th gen Camaro trunks are a universal fit and line up the same. You would have to switch out or trade? your existing trunk for an SS or ZL1 trunk.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:34 AM   #4
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
The 1LE spoiler has a lot more mounting holes than the standard SS spoiler so your options are limited. I went with the Drake Muscle 1LE wing as it uses the same mounting hole as the 1LE wing. I believe ExtremeOnlineSource also makes a similar version.
Attached Images

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote