Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-11-2020, 07:52 AM   #15
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
They do look good. Can you post a pic of the merge
Old 11-11-2020, 10:30 AM   #16
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
I am really curious how good the cats work? I feel like all aftermarket cats won't do anything as far as keeping smell and unburnt fuel smell away? I know when my drivers side only front primary stock cat failed, my car smelled pretty bad with only one of the stock cats down with an entire stock system.

The smell, and obnoxious exhaust noises and excessive loudness and sound quality is why I keep my exhaust 100% stock even though I think a set of proper length primaries would help it some.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:25 PM   #17
Purplt1

Drives: 2020 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
They do look good. Can you post a pic of the merge
Not a good pic,camera makes the welds look black but here ya go.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #18
Purplt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I am really curious how good the cats work? I feel like all aftermarket cats won't do anything as far as keeping smell and unburnt fuel smell away? I know when my drivers side only front primary stock cat failed, my car smelled pretty bad with only one of the stock cats down with an entire stock system.

The smell, and obnoxious exhaust noises and excessive loudness and sound quality is why I keep my exhaust 100% stock even though I think a set of proper length primaries would help it some.
I have stock exhaust on mine now but really need to upgarde since i have a cam and heads. Im planing on leaving the rear o2's working to see if the cats keep off the CEL, if not i will tune them out. I just need a cat set up for visual inspections.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #19
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
the merge on my speed engineering collectors have the spike in them like the old qtps. i guess the patent ran out.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #20
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
They look about the same quality as OBX exhaust parts for other cars. Welding metal decently isn't really that rare a skill, the real trick to a header is the design. Not really out of this world for a passable header to come cheap from China, especially since they usually buy someone else's header and imitate the design. The real question is material/build quality and how long these will last. With OBX, it's hit and miss, this might be about the same.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #21
Purplt1

Update.
Installed the headers today. Just had to modify the stock x pipe to fit the connection pipes but other than that the install went smooth. Stock plugs wires cleared, steering shaft cleared and didnt have to move the pass side harness on my 2020. Put the driver side in from the bottom and passenger side in from the top. Only had to remove the coolant tank,did not have to remove the starter or heat shield.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #22
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Dang, that's a lot of didn't have tos! In for dyno numbers. Love to see how these compare to TSPs.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:15 AM   #23
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
I am really concerned about the sound quality if I take out my stock headers and go to long tubes. I am really worried about not really the radiated sound, but more the vibration type of sound and exhaust gas noise going through the pipe and all these sounds being radiated through the firewall into the cab. It just makes my practically new 3 year old car sound like an old work van with a exhaust manifold leaks and stuff, it just really bothers me. I know most people don't care and just want loud and don't care about quality.

I am curious to see if these are bad about radiating sound.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:16 PM   #24
Purplt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I am really concerned about the sound quality if I take out my stock headers and go to long tubes. I am really worried about not really the radiated sound, but more the vibration type of sound and exhaust gas noise going through the pipe and all these sounds being radiated through the firewall into the cab. It just makes my practically new 3 year old car sound like an old work van with a exhaust manifold leaks and stuff, it just really bothers me. I know most people don't care and just want loud and don't care about quality.

I am curious to see if these are bad about radiating sound.
I guess you can consider mine to have the vibration sound but i also have a cam and heads which im sure make it worse. Although while crusing the car is very quiet except at idle and wot