Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #57
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
I bought a 2019 fresh off the lot earlier this year and at 6k miles, my engine blew on track. I did follow proper break-in and was full of 0-40 M1 dexos2. I had a similarly awesome experience of towing it to a local dealer and picking it up a few weeks later with a new engine. Things happen no matter how well prepped you are.
Agree fully. My comments were focuses on ensuring warranty doesn't get invalidated (due to unapproved fluids and such). Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:29 PM   #58
brzaro

Drives: '20 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
You have a 5 yrs power train warranty, which is not limited to number of replacements. But, always ensure you run GM recommended fluids, such as proper type Dexos2 certified motor oil, etc. Owners manual is key here. Also note, these cars require 1500mi for proper break in before tracking them plus fluid changes (especially diff).

As far as camber, max the front to about 2.6 or 2.7. Easy to do on stock bolts and without camber plates. Your tire wear and handling will improve substantially.
Personally, ive been running 2.6F and 1.6R with just about perfect tire wear.

Cheers and have fun!
All GM maintenance recommendations were followed in detail including track prep which is why there were no questions asked. Camber discussion is another thread, but anything more than -2 is untenable on the street (for me). I daily mine so -2 is a happy medium, particularly on the stock tire.

Failures happen. A second one would be disappointing and would probably 1) trigger a build to address weak links or 2) movement to another brand.

At the moment couldn't be happier with the car and ownership experience.

'20 SS 1LE
'19 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor

'19 BRZ w/Perf Pkg | '15 F80 M3 | '13 BMW 328d (euro spec) | '17 Fiesta ST w/Montune M225 | '02 Boxster S
'09 e92 M3 (Ohlins, AP BBK) | '13 Scion FRS
'01 Wrangler Sahara 4.0 (3in lift on 32s)
'01 e46 M3 (Ohlins, headers, exhaust)
'95 535 Wagon (tow vehicle for Rotax race kart)
'12 Infinity G37x sedan | '04 e46 M3 | '04 BMW 330i Sport Pkg | '05 Acura TL | '02 BMW 325i Sport Pkg
'98 e36 M3
brzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #59
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzaro View Post
All GM maintenance recommendations were followed in detail including track prep which is why there were no questions asked. Camber discussion is another thread, but anything more than -2 is untenable on the street (for me). I daily mine so -2 is a happy medium, particularly on the stock tire.

Failures happen. A second one would be disappointing and would probably 1) trigger a build to address weak links or 2) movement to another brand.

At the moment couldn't be happier with the car and ownership experience.
Sounds good. Enjoy the car. They are pretty amazing machines, especially given the price point. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote