Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #239
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Does anyone else think the 2020 camaro(refresh) looks like shit? I think it looks horrible. People didn't wanna give the 19' a chance and now you have a front end that looks very generic and conventional. I hate it I'll take the 19' all day at least they did something a little different.
LOL They are almost identical. I do not agree at all about the 2020. You might be overstating it a bit.

But I like the 2019 also. It has a Flowtie! I wish my LT1 had one. The problem was the placement was awkward visually. Of course just like with tail light changes owners here are a bit too fussy about little details.

As for me my Camaro could look like a Pontiac Aztec. I would still own one and enjoy driving it.

So OP just relax and enjoy the 2019 looks. The only opinion that matters is yours.

Many here hate the front end of the LT1. But that is fine with me, I like it. But for some reason people want to make sure you know how they feel.

If that somehow makes them happy then they should express how they feel. Freedom of speech to me. But they should stop short of insulting those with different opinions.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #240
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
People started talking shit about the 19s before they even saw one in person. And thanks to the internet and how much social media can sway public opinion, everyone jumped on the band wagon and tricked themselves into thinking it looked bad before they even got a chance to see it in person. Because that is how internet hive mind thinking works. I have seen the 19s and 20s in person. They do not look bad at all. If anything, maybe a little cartoonish. Maybe not the mature look that the M4s have. But they are definitely not ugly or bad looking. But again, people read something from someone who probably is just a 15 year old kid or someone who is trashing the car because they can't afford it anyway and they go off almost hypnotized into thinking the first thing they read and don't actually give the car a chance.
This is one of the more "less informed" posts I've seen in a while. EVERY car that gets a redesign / refresh has a ton of scrutiny thrown at before it is seen in person. And many of them have a lot of hate thrown around at them. The 2014+ GM full size trucks were hated on until they hit the lots because of the front end. The same exact things happened with the 2016 styling updates to the front end. Yet, the trucks keep selling in high numbers. So, how come your "if the Internet hates it, it's doomed" philosophy doesn't apply there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
Not sure what you saw, it is the same except for the bowtie placement and the center bar is body color instead of black. On a black car there is literally no difference except the bowtie placement. LOL @ this thread.
Love that you backed your statement up with stock photos showing just how cloe the two are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
Nice way to try and justify your purchase. 2020 is much improved over 2019
I don't know if he was justifying or what... I -still- don't understand why he started this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
You guys are funny. I had the choice of 2 brand new 2018s next to the 19. I chose the 19 cause it's better looking
Then why are you bitching about the car you didn't buy? I totally fail to see your point in creating this thread other than to start some sort of argument. You bought what you liked, you continue to like it even after redesign. It's a win-win for you but you decided to start a complaint thread about something that 0% applies to you.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #241
Noize

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE
Die thread, die! I don't know who is worse: The OP, or the guy that necro bumped this thread after a year?
Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #242
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post
Die thread, die! I don't know who is worse: The OP, or the guy that necro bumped this thread after a year?
Now you're just part of the problem.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #243
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post
Kill it with fire (the thread) maybe more useless posting can get it locked lol
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #244
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #245
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from toaster or something
100% agreed. Having said that the nose and hood on the 16'-18's I definitely prefer.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #246
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
I just love threads like this.

They make it very simple to decide who to add to the Ignore List.

You want to trash a car because you have some issue with where a logo is placed? Really?

Well then, thank you for letting me know. Now I never have to look at another word you type.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #247
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
I just love threads like this.

They make it very simple to decide who to add to the Ignore List.

You want to trash a car because you have some issue with where a logo is placed? Really?

Well then, thank you for letting me know. Now I never have to look at another word you type.
Your signature made me LOL.

You should add that, according to the Internet, Camaro has 0.01 square inch of window area and has a global sales of 10 cars every year.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #248
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Between the 19 and 20 SS, the only changes they made were to paint the center piece of the front fascia the same color as the body, remove the "flow tie" and add a more traditional bow tie on the grille above. It's beyond me why those simple changes turn something that was supposedly so hideous into something that looks good.

So, I think there's a lot of "groupthink" going on with opinions on the looks of the '19 SS.

That said, I don't know if I like the look of the '19 SS better than the other 6th gen models outside of some specific color combinations- the red on black like mine just looks badass. Black also looks good contrasted with Shock, although I'm not a big fan of Shock. I don't like it with Riverside Blue.

And if you have a black car, there's very little difference.

Edit: wow, just saw how far this was bumped!
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:58 PM   #249
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Your signature made me LOL.

You should add that, according to the Internet, Camaro has 0.01 square inch of window area and has a global sales of 10 cars every year.
Wait, i thought this thread was about the 2020 being awful?
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #250
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
It probably was, but the 2019 Haters Society hates to miss an opportunity to toss a few stones.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #251
Lostx403

Drives: 19 SS
All of us 2019 owners know we're just sitting on an eventual goldmine when our unique front end Camaros are worth millions in 50 years from now

*sips kool-aid*
Lostx403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:18 PM   #252
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR8402 View Post
Between the 19 and 20 SS, the only changes they made were to paint the center piece of the front fascia the same color as the body, remove the "flow tie" and add a more traditional bow tie on the grille above. It's beyond me why those simple changes turn something that was supposedly so hideous into something that looks good.

Don’t forget the shark fin, it was changed in the 2020. Not a deal breaker for me. I personally think the changes from 2016-20 where fine. The only change I thought was not very good was the front of the new LT1, in person it just looks very plastic and cheap. Saw one in the show room and thought it was cheap looking IMO.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote