#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #15
NicD

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Can you enlighten us as to a tuner who can do this, because all we've heard so far is crickets?
HP Tuners has the required tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
Everybody tuner i have spoken with remains unable to remove TM. I have even challenged vendor sponsors of this forum...no-go. Don thank get me wrong, I love the car, and am glad I did not buy it with drag racing in mind. But many did, and they are now unable to explore the full potential of the car.
The same tables responsible for TM in the Corvettes are the same tables responsible for it on these cars.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #16
KyWildcats
Z Bowman

Drives: 2010 2SS (SOLD), 2016 2SS, 2007 Z71
My bog was fixed

2010 2SS/RS A6 (sold)Mods: Borla Atak Catback, Stainless Power 1 7/8 Headers, TSP VVT-3 Cam, 3200 Yank Stall, CAI Inake, Ported TB, 18" MT ET STREETS
KyWildcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #17
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
+1 for seeing the biggest names in tuning struggle with TM in their own shop cars.

NicD can you post a link or video to a M6 leavinghard AF or hanging tire? Never seen it.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #18
NicD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
+1 for seeing the biggest names in tuning struggle with TM in their own shop cars.

NicD can you post a link or video to a M6 leavinghard AF or hanging tire? Never seen it.
Can't say I've ever seen anybody ringing out a manual ZL1 around here. Most people I know who are seriously drag racing their cars have the A10.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #19
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicD View Post
Can't say I've ever seen anybody ringing out a manual ZL1 around here. Most people I know who are seriously drag racing their cars have the A10.
.....so you’ve never seen an m6 zl1 doing what everyone would like them to do.....

Carry on.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #20
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
NicD, I think I recall you saying that the Torque Management in the ZL1 is the same as in the Z06. M7 Z06s with a driver mod can leave hard out of the hole even when they're bone stock. No one seems to be able to do this in a tuned or stock M6 ZL1.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #21
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Does anyone have a video of a m7 c7z pulling the front wheels?
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #22
NicD

Quote:
.....so you’ve never seen an m6 zl1 doing what everyone would like them to do.....

Carry on.
You are trying to imply that I've not seen it because torque management won't allow it when all I said is that nobody around me is seriously drag racing their manual trans ZL1s. It's very easy to see what the throttle/timing is doing and what the throttle control source is when data logging a harder launch. It's also very easy to see when the torque management is gone with the throttle staying open and no timing retard regardless if it's pulling the wheels or not.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #23
NicD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
NicD, I think I recall you saying that the Torque Management in the ZL1 is the same as in the Z06. M7 Z06s with a driver mod can leave hard out of the hole even when they're bone stock. No one seems to be able to do this in a tuned or stock M6 ZL1.
It is the same and there is a huge difference between being bone stock and having torque management disabled on a manual C7Z as well.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #24
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Pretty sure torque management is one of the many factors Jannetty Racing can tune
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #25
ninetres

Quote:
You are trying to imply that I've not seen it because torque management won't allow it when all I said is that nobody around me is seriously drag racing their manual trans ZL1s. It's very easy to see what the throttle/timing is doing and what the throttle control source is when data logging a harder launch. It's also very easy to see when the torque management is gone with the throttle staying open and no timing retard regardless if it's pulling the wheels or not.
There’s a reason you haven’t seen an M6 ZL1 doing.....it can’t be done, apparently due to software limitations. We’ve all seen endless videos of M6 Zs (stock, tuned etc) falling on their face from a dig, and you act like it’s a simple tune away from being disabled. It’s not.

I’ve even seen the best in the tuning business, who’s 6gen auto Cars that run bottom 9s, complain about still battling random TQ management intervention on one pass, and not on others.

It’s not as “simple” as you describe it to be. That’s all I’m saying. If it is....post a link or video to a single M6 ZL1 leaving hard. Otherwise you are speculating that’s its doable.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #26
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
It is the same and there is a huge difference between being bone stock and having torque management disabled on a manual C7Z as well.
So it can be wholly disabled or no? Can't seem to get a solid answer from any/most tuners here, everyone says something different. Can an M6 ZL1 owner go to a qualified person with HP tuners and actually SHUT OFF all TQ Management? I have an A8 Z06 and I've driven several M7 Z06s and they all had no problem tearing out of the hole (Not necessarily lifting tires but definitely would do better than 1.7 60ft which is where the ZL1 hits a wall).
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #27
NicD

Quote:
There’s a reason you haven’t seen an M6 ZL1 doing.....it can’t be done, apparently due to software limitations. We’ve all seen endless videos of M6 Zs (stock, tuned etc) falling on their face from a dig, and you act like it’s a simple tune away from being disabled. It’s not.

I’ve even seen the best in the tuning business, who’s 6gen auto Cars that run bottom 9s, complain about still battling random TQ management intervention on one pass, and not on others.

It’s not as “simple” as you describe it to be. That’s all I’m saying. If it is....post a link or video to a single M6 ZL1 leaving hard. Otherwise you are speculating that’s its doable.
You are arguing about something that you literally have zero understanding about, I don't get why people do this. I never made it sound simple, there are many tables that play a role in this and it's a system that all works together. There is no such thing as random torque management coming and going, you can log all torque sources and identify where it's coming from and you can also log commanded, predicted, and actual to find the discrepancy and make your corrections to the torque model and driver demand tables. Obviously with an auto there are different solutions required to not affect the torque load the TCM sees for proper pressures but the manual doesn't have that and it's a bit different. Also there is a large difference between a torque management event that happens on an auto shifting going down the track vs a hard launch at the beginning with a manual so that is not the same type of torque management event. These computers are anything but simple but it's very easy to see what is happening on a scan tool with the appropriate pids.

As for speculating you sure do an awful lot of it for not understanding what is actually happening and why. I've seen what happens on a hard launch with a manual ZL1 and how the throttle closes up and how it retards the timing causing a "bog". This is all addressable in the tune with what we have available today.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #28
NicD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
So it can be wholly disabled or no? Can't seem to get a solid answer from any/most tuners here, everyone says something different. Can an M6 ZL1 owner go to a qualified person with HP tuners and actually SHUT OFF all TQ Management? I have an A8 Z06 and I've driven several M7 Z06s and they all had no problem tearing out of the hole (Not necessarily lifting tires but definitely would do better than 1.7 60ft which is where the ZL1 hits a wall).
I don't see why not but it's not a simple on/off switch. Lots of tables factor into why the throttle would close up, etc.