Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #29
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
What about the so-called table hptuners is currently working on? I was aware of dramatically reducing it but haven’t seen anyone completely remove it...despite some tuners claiming to
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #30
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicD View Post
You are arguing about something that you literally have zero understanding about, I don't get why people do this. I never made it sound simple, there are many tables that play a role in this and it's a system that all works together. There is no such thing as random torque management coming and going, you can log all torque sources and identify where it's coming from and you can also log commanded, predicted, and actual to find the discrepancy and make your corrections to the torque model and driver demand tables. Obviously with an auto there are different solutions required to not affect the torque load the TCM sees for proper pressures but the manual doesn't have that and it's a bit different. Also there is a large difference between a torque management event that happens on an auto shifting going down the track vs a hard launch at the beginning with a manual so that is not the same type of torque management event. These computers are anything but simple but it's very easy to see what is happening on a scan tool with the appropriate pids.

As for speculating you sure do an awful lot of it for not understanding what is actually happening and why. I've seen what happens on a hard launch with a manual ZL1 and how the throttle closes up and how it retards the timing causing a "bog". This is all addressable in the tune with what we have available today.
Fact (no speculation): You haven’t produced a single example of a single M6 ZL1 leaving hard.

Fact (no speculation): data logging the TB closing, or timing pulled does not equate to an ability to tune it out.....it’s simply a log.

Fact (no speculation): I’ve seen one of the best HP tuners in the game, who also posts on this forum, complain about TM intervening on passes in their shop 6 gen that runs bottom 9s. Do you think he didn’t attempt to remove the TM? He’s been a DI tuning expert for YEARS, pioneering flex fuel systems, Trans computer tuning, etc. He travels all over the country attending tuning training updates to stay on the forefront. But apparently he isn’t aware of the tuning capability “that’s available today” as you suggest.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #31
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWildcats View Post
My bog was fixed
Maybe. Your ET was sick and an M6 record by far. Congrats!

Your 60' was good but STYKSS was a bit better. Same tuner? Other unfixed M6 SSes have matched your 60' on that run.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #32
NicD

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Fact (no speculation): You haven’t produced a single example of a single M6 ZL1 leaving hard.
And that means that it's impossible because of TM or just that nobody is doing it?

Quote:
Fact (no speculation): data logging the TB closing, or timing pulled does not equate to an ability to tune it out.....it’s simply a log.
Obviously I've logged before and after to ensure that it's not closing up the TB or pulling timing after the tune, otherwise why would I mention it?

Quote:
Fact (no speculation): I’ve seen one of the best HP tuners in the game, who also posts on this forum, complain about TM intervening on passes in their shop 6 gen that runs bottom 9s. Do you think he didn’t attempt to remove the TM? He’s been a DI tuning expert for YEARS, pioneering flex fuel systems, Trans computer tuning, etc. He travels all over the country attending tuning training updates to stay on the forefront. But apparently he isn’t aware of the tuning capability “that’s available today” as you suggest.
Now you are conflating trans shift torque management with engine torque management, the later is what is closing up the TB on a hard launch on a manual car. Who is that you specifically are talking about here? I probably talk to them on the phone from time to time about random shit.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #33
NicD

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
What about the so-called table hptuners is currently working on? I was aware of dramatically reducing it but haven’t seen anyone completely remove it...despite some tuners claiming to
More than likely a couple of master switches that determine if a particular TM event can pull spark, fuel, or throttle on the E92 operating systems so that you don't have to use work arounds. I don't feel these are necessary but it will make it easy to just one-click off some things.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #34
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Maybe. Your ET was sick and an M6 record by far. Congrats!

Your 60' was good but STYKSS was a bit better. Same tuner? Other unfixed M6 SSes have matched your 60' on that run.
I agree with this. Not taking away anything from an extremely good run that speaks for itself. For a 26” tire on dragpack, I would be more confident in a sub 1.65 60ft that there isnt still something in there slowing it down.

The other thing is, with TM you might get a pass where the stars align and you get it all right, and you get your clean pass.

I think look at our slowest 60ft that aren’t overly spinning the tires, not so much our fastest. The consistancy is what’s missing.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #35
EMAX08

Drives: 2018 ZL1——2010 2 RS/SS
What do you guys think the best achievable 60’ time is with the bog now before a tune? Also what 60’ time do you guys think the M6 ZL1 is capable of if there were no bog?
EMAX08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #36
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
11.2 on a SS M6 is kickass!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #37
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX08 View Post
What do you guys think the best achievable 60’ time is with the bog now before a tune? Also what 60’ time do you guys think the M6 ZL1 is capable of if there were no bog?

I don’t know how it was sourced, but 1.7 is what I’ve read. Haven’t seen a single time better in M6 or A10.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:52 PM   #38
KyWildcats
Z Bowman

Drives: 2010 2SS (SOLD), 2016 2SS, 2007 Z71
Well guys I have a set of GPI heads on the way and GPI cam with 2" headers and a few other goodies lets see how far i can push this NA M6 car

2010 2SS/RS A6 (sold)Mods: Borla Atak Catback, Stainless Power 1 7/8 Headers, TSP VVT-3 Cam, 3200 Yank Stall, CAI Inake, Ported TB, 18" MT ET STREETS
KyWildcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #39
KyWildcats
Z Bowman

Drives: 2010 2SS (SOLD), 2016 2SS, 2007 Z71
i have been 1.655 nothing special we are just now figuring out the car Merc didnt update on the fast list my 60' from my 11.2 pass

2010 2SS/RS A6 (sold)Mods: Borla Atak Catback, Stainless Power 1 7/8 Headers, TSP VVT-3 Cam, 3200 Yank Stall, CAI Inake, Ported TB, 18" MT ET STREETS
KyWildcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:35 PM   #40
vcr5005

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWildcats View Post
My bog was fixed
Can you elaborate on your answer, how was it fixed etc? C’mon man, that answer is so vague.
vcr5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #41
S.T.A.R.

Drives: 18'-1LE
Who...what and where?
S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #42
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.R. View Post
Who...what and where?
Looks like a GPI tune from his sig. GPI is definitely a big swinging dick in the NA LT motor game.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote