#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Great customer experience with Ryne Cunningham and BRC Raceworks

Great customer experience with BRC Raceworks and Ryne Cunningham

To sum things up, this is the 3rd (and final) Tuner I have gone to for work on my car.

Mods: RF Intake + TM ported throttle body + 2.3” griptech upper pulley + Kooks 1-7/8” Headers with Hi Flow cats + Borla S-Type Catback

Tuner # 1- Installs upper pulley without headers. Multiple CELs, return to tuner, he says he fixed the problem , as I drive off CEL again. Car drags, loss of power

Tuner # 2- gets car, says tuner 1 messed things up. Reinstalls factory tune, adds headers , says air is in the coolant system causing cavitation and pump failure with high IAT’s. Does custom tune, Says he fixed everything
- drive home, car feels ok for a few weeks, then feels slow again
- On a drive “in Mexico”, I hit 155mph and speed governor kicks in ... WTF? Tuner added speed governor!!!. I call him and he tells me the LT4 “acts funny” when you remove the speed limiter... ( Not true he just didn’t know how to do it)

feelings of frustration, anger, and despair

Enter tuner # 3- Ryne Cunningham.
I have heard countless positive things about Ryne from guys in SoCal, so I finally give him a try.

In less than an hour, he diagnoses all of the problems , correctly drains the coolant system, retunes car, and now I’m making great power!

So shout out to Ryne at BRC Raceworks and his crew at JEP Autoworks for bringing the car to life. I don’t like bashing people online so I won’t publicly name the other tuners. But if you are in SoCal and want things done right, just go straight to Ryne and save yourself headaches and frustration.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
nice good to hear he got you figured out ryne is the man he tuned my car years ago and still no issues here! now gotta find time to bring it back to him soon for a e85 tune finally
Old 09-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
nice good to hear he got you figured out ryne is the man he tuned my car years ago and still no issues here! now gotta find time to bring it back to him soon for a e85 tune finally
Yeah, I should have just gone there in the first place ... that's my fault, but you live and you learn ... just glad my engine didn't blow up before I learned my lesson
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Congrats!!! A true professional shop/tuner is willing and able to correct the occasional hiccups. Sounds like your car is a blast to drive!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
ZL1_IslandBreeze

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 NightFall Grey A10
Ryne +1;
Took car back for 2 year checkup and dyno run; see graphs; 828rwhp; 805ft lbs max torque in Aug 2019; no meth; very happy.
ZL1_IslandBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
ccw

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Another vote for Ryne. He definitely knows what he's doing.

Here he is tuning my ZLE on the dyno hitting 921rwhp with no meth and no port injection.

Ask him about this car. I beat the shit out of it, and it never skips a beat!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvcw2GSgjQv/
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote