Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
mstgeer

Drives: '17 2SS Vert H50, A8, F55, NPP
ADD W1 V3 oil catch can

Anyone have any experience or feedback to offer? I search and not much came up.
Thanks.
mstgeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
georgez32

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE, GC8 STI, SG5 Forester
I have the eBay version of it installed, just bought the can by itself, went to the local parts store to get proper pcv hoses and a bracket, everything ended up costing about 50 bucks
georgez32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #3
cc8

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstgeer View Post
Anyone have any experience or feedback to offer? I search and not much came up.
Thanks.
Hi,
I am getting the ADD W1 Oil Catch can V3 for my car. Did you already installed yours ? Now they offer the direct bolt on kit for for the camaro ss.
cc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:47 PM   #4
cc8

Got the ADD W1 Oil Catch can over the weekend. didn't have time to install it yet. I order the direct bolt on kit for the Camaro ss. The kit come with quick fitting, per cut black hose, bracket for the Camaro. Dipstick and easy to remove oil container or remote drain kit as option.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #5
cc8

oil catch can

Attached Images

Old 06-04-2018, 01:54 AM   #6
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Where are you all mounting these? I want to get a catch can but seems like some systems have a mount and some don't. This doesn't seem to have a mount system, just a back mount with no bracket.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
cc8

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Where are you all mounting these? I want to get a catch can but seems like some systems have a mount and some don't. This doesn't seem to have a mount system, just a back mount with no bracket.

The kit come with the complete hoses, mounting bracket for the camaro, clamps, hardware, quick fitting for factory look install. Will upload the photos as soon as i install.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:03 AM   #8
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8 View Post
The kit come with the complete hoses, mounting bracket for the camaro, clamps, hardware, quick fitting for factory look install. Will upload the photos as soon as i install.
Thanks
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro

Buyer Beware, this Catch Can in the "catchcan Challenge" tests came in only trapping around 15% of what entered it allowing most to still be ingested. If you look inside it you can see why. There could be some benefit on older port injection engines, but the GDI engines in the Gen6 can not tolerate any ingestion, so your really not helping your engine with these cheap ineffective cans.

Even the better cans that trap app. 20-30% are not going to do much VS the 95% plus effectiveness of the E2 series. Search here for PolynesianPowerhouse and his thread on the one year catchcan test to read more in detail.

There is a ton of science that goes into the effective designs, and 99% are allowing far more to pass through and still be ingested than they trap and prevent.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:36 AM   #10
ColeD

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post

Buyer Beware, this Catch Can in the "catchcan Challenge" tests came in only trapping around 15% of what entered it allowing most to still be ingested. If you look inside it you can see why. There could be some benefit on older port injection engines, but the GDI engines in the Gen6 can not tolerate any ingestion, so your really not helping your engine with these cheap ineffective cans.

Even the better cans that trap app. 20-30% are not going to do much VS the 95% plus effectiveness of the E2 series. Search here for PolynesianPowerhouse and his thread on the one year catchcan test to read more in detail.

There is a ton of science that goes into the effective designs, and 99% are allowing far more to pass through and still be ingested than they trap and prevent.
Addw1 now has a Camaro specific v3.3 that seems to have addressed the idle/wot issue. If I understand whats been referenced here this should now catch significantly more due to the extra inlet hose vs the standard 2 hose.

Or did this comment specifically mean the interior baffles weren't very good?
Old 08-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #11
Ikelove

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 2024 LT1 2002 Z28
Any updates? Looks like a good system.
Ikelove is offline   Reply With Quote