formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Rent each one for a day! look on turo
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #30
Nabush

Drives: 2017 C7 GS M7 / 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
All of you thanks for your answers

It's clear that the bang for buck of the 1LE is unbeatable...

It's sure i'll be able to buy a 1LE cash, it's not sure for the GS since i also will have to buy a Colorado V6 Z71 (around 30k$) for the mountain and snow trips...

So $$ is an important subject...But man i love the widebody vettes ....

I'll see where my finance will be at my arrival to make my choice...

Concerning the color, i'm between hyperblue and white for the 1LE... the GS i like dark grey, blue and yellow...
Nabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #31
rsa

Drives: 1990 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabush View Post
It's sure i'll be able to buy a 1LE cash, it's not sure for the GS since i also will have to buy a Colorado V6 Z71 (around 30k$) for the mountain and snow trips...

So $$ is an important subject...But man i love the widebody vettes ....

I'll see where my finance will be at my arrival to make my choice...
LOL, I first read that as fiancée, not finance.

Get the Corvette and buy a used four wheel drive vehicle for the same total dosh?

rsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #32
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
Absolutely on topic and an excellent point that I have found to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
This is slightly off topic, but i have to say the the 1LE is the most enjoyable car that ive ever owned. It does everything extremely well and i can relax while driving and tracking it because it only costs $40k.
This is a big statement since i am life long Porsche purist. I prefer driving my 1LE over my Porsche GT3.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #33
Nabush

Quote:
This is slightly off topic, but i have to say the the 1LE is the most enjoyable car that ive ever owned. It does everything extremely well and i can relax while driving and tracking it because it only costs $40k.
This is a big statement since i am life long Porsche purist. I prefer driving my 1LE over my Porsche GT3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
Absolutely on topic and an excellent point that I have found to be true.

Because in terms of driving feel the 997GT3 is a masterpiece. This is a good compliment for the 1LE
Old 01-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #34
Nabush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsa View Post
LOL, I first read that as fiancée, not finance.

Get the Corvette and buy a used four wheel drive vehicle for the same total dosh?

I don't know yet what kind of used truck to pick instead of a new one...they are expensive used, there is not so much difference with new ones... i want something modern (bluetooth, screen with apps...) the colorado seems to drives well...
Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM   #35
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Yeah but do you like the 1LE more bc it's more fun to drive or just because you're less concerned about wrecking it? I'm only half kidding. Hehe. I really want a 991 GT3 and really hope the fun aspect doesn't disappoint. I've only driven one gently so far. Good news is the GT3S seem to hold value really well so I could keep it for a while then move on if it wasnt the thrill I was looking for (although I do doubt I won't love it).

Back on topic... the grandsport is the more purpose built machine. If you're getting a pickup also, I'd go for the grandsport if it works into your budget. I love my 1LE but the GS is just a better performer and looks even better.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #36
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Yeah but do you like the 1LE more bc it's more fun to drive or just because you're less concerned about wrecking it? I'm only half kidding. Hehe. I really want a 991 GT3 and really hope the fun aspect doesn't disappoint. I've only driven one gently so far. Good news is the GT3S seem to hold value really well so I could keep it for a while then move on if it wasnt the thrill I was looking for (although I do doubt I won't love it).

Back on topic... the grandsport is the more purpose built machine. If you're getting a pickup also, I'd go for the grandsport if it works into your budget. I love my 1LE but the GS is just a better performer and looks even better.
My GT3 is a 997..the last of the manual transmission. Its a very raw pure sports car, but it lacks torque. Nothing makes a man happier than the torque of an American v8. This is another strong statement considering that i own a strip club....
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #37
davef

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Garnet Red
Quote:
i own a strip club....
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #38
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
I can't bear automatic, only a stick for my sport cars

In terms of depreciation won't the 1LE loose more in % than a vette ?
I'm talking dollar amount depreciation not percentage. My 2011 Cruze Eco commuter car, that I paid $15,800 all in, has 145,000 miles on it as of today. It's dropped around 80% in value, but, that's "only" about $12,000. Since I am giving that to my soon-to-be 16-year old in a couple of months, the 1LE will be my daily other than bad weather days when I'll drive my truck.

I'd rather take the depreciation dollar amount hit on the 1LE. You can buy low mileage 14 / 15 Z28's for $25K-$35K off or a low mileage C6 ZR1 for $50K-$70K off MSRP. It's all a personal choice on how much money you are willing to throw away on a toy.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I've always been happiest with my decisions by waiting a little longer and getting what I really want. Buy the truck first and wait a while till you figure it out and/or have the needed funds.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #40
Nabush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I've always been happiest with my decisions by waiting a little longer and getting what I really want. Buy the truck first and wait a while till you figure it out and/or have the needed funds.
Yes, it seems to be wiser...but harder

I've shown the 1LE to my wife and she doesn't like it .... she likes the vette...but find it's too expensive for a toy.... perhaps the best would be to wait until the GS hit the 50k$ mark in used market...
Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #41
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Yes, it seems to be wiser...but harder

I've shown the 1LE to my wife and she doesn't like it .... she likes the vette...but find it's too expensive for a toy.... perhaps the best would be to wait until the GS hit the 50k$ mark in used market...
My wife loved th vette , hated the camaro until she got into it now she loves the camaro ! But misses the vette for th flashy top off just a little
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 PM   #42
ban25

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z M6
As a fellow track enthusiast and Z owner (2009 370Z), I've been reading this thread with great interest. I typically do 20 track days a year all over California and the recent dominance of American sports cars on the track is undeniable, from the Viper ACR to the new Camaro, they have my attention! Personally, I'm interested in seeing if a new Camaro Z/28 is introduced this year, as that should be a track monster. I'm also keeping my eye out for the rumored mid-engine Corvette...that could be something really special. Ideally, I would get one of these two and then convert my 370Z from mostly race car to fully race car.

One thing that has me leaning in the Corvette's direction is the dry sump. I'm on my third VQ motor on account of oiling issues -- this one is fully built, forged bottom end, big cam, racing oil pan with active baffles, and long tube headers. That said, it would be nice not to have to worry about the problem with my next car. If the Z/28 is dry sump, that would probably make the decision for me.

I'm curious to hear your experience! What tracks do you run in Europe?

Cheers!

-Brian
ban25 is offline   Reply With Quote